ulver1
Sergeant

Request: Option to freely assign corps.

Mon May 24, 2010 6:02 pm

Request: Option to freely assign corps.

I understand the whole feature with corps intrinsic to armies in the actual board game. Frankly, in the PC version it just seems a needless complication that doesn’t add anything to game play. I often get a corps I can’t assign to an army because it is full. I then have to detach a non intrinsic corps to make room for the intrinsic version and move that corps to another army. As I said: needless fiddling that is just annoying and doesn’t do anything for game play.

calvinus

Mon May 24, 2010 6:17 pm

There's a major game balance motivation behind that rule. Philippe will explain it as soon he can. :)

PhilThib

Mon May 24, 2010 6:57 pm

The rule is not purely boardgame but was designed to have a certain balance of specific corps assigned to specific armies. In such a way, armies are roughly equivalent and the player can know that, aport from his - lkarger - main arm, he has at his disposal a roughly equivalent power...

Without it, the usual player 'exploit' would be to make "über-armies" with all the best corps inside them ... which would be a nightmare for the IA to emulate (and not only this) :D

This was something we wanted to avoid and won't be changed, despite the annoyance it may represent in the gameplay.

ulver1
Sergeant

Mon May 24, 2010 8:08 pm

How about having intrinsic corps deployed automatically if there is room in their HQ. If there isn’t have a random non-intrinsic corps placed in the deployment pool to make room? Would make game play a lot easier.

NefariousKoel
Captain

Tue May 25, 2010 4:22 am

ulver1 wrote:How about having intrinsic corps deployed automatically if there is room in their HQ. If there isn’t have a random non-intrinsic corps placed in the deployment pool to make room? Would make game play a lot easier.

What if you wanted to place others in the specific army instead of the restricted one for the moment, considering the per-turn limit?

That change wouldn't give you the choice in some cases.

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”