calvinus

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:16 am

Well, I'm sure you already know it, but remember that a totally free redeployment is allowed only during the Redeployment phase of Jan-Feb turns. And probably also during the mid-year one of June turns... but I'm not sure about this last point.

Totally free redeployment means you can free redeploy all your forces (stacks, units, leaders) within the same Front, of course.

Alfssson
Conscript

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:50 pm

great screens! :thumbsup:

have you implemented NW flutuation logs / Diplomacy logs for WW1 Gold? maybe not inside the game but in /Logs folder?

HonkryTonk
Conscript

Not so subtle hint?

Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:25 am

calvinus wrote:For this reason, beta testers running Windows 7 64bit are strongly welcome! :love:

I'm your Huckleberry. In U.S. terms it means I would be happy to test some things for you. My time is limited on the weekends but I do have ample time throughout the week.

PM me if you need any help.

H. Tonk

calvinus

Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:10 am

Alfssson wrote:have you implemented NW flutuation logs / Diplomacy logs for WW1 Gold? maybe not inside the game but in /Logs folder?

No, not implemented. I stressed my attention on AI, game interface and gameplay improvements.

For the time being, the messages customization panel window does not help you? If you set the NW messages display on popup screen, you can see more clearly all events that affect NW.

Lannes
Major

Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:17 pm

Calvinus, a small question, when the gold version will be available ? :)

PhilThib

Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:23 pm

Beta testing has just started...availability will depend on the results and work on it as a consequence of same...this time we want to make sure the game is having no major issue :D

PS: Calvinus is away on Easter vacation all this week :cool:

Lannes
Major

Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:52 pm

Merci m'sieur ;)

Syt
Colonel

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:47 am

Good luck, I'm really looking forward to take 2 of this game. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The brutality and inhumanity of war stood in great contrast to what I had heard and read about as a youth.
- Reinhold Spengler, war volunteer 1st Bavarian Infanterie Regmnt., 1916

Fastsnake
Major

Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:47 pm

I hope you won't be disturbed if I say it twice:

Oh well, I'm so eager to see this "new" "gold" version!
I hope the effects and benefits on battles, diplomatic action and research and developments will be so much clearer than they are, just not to have the feeling that everything is depending on a "luck factor" anymore!

Hope you understand what I'm saying.

Good luck, and keep up the good work.

Jorrig
Private

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:59 am

calvinus wrote:No, not implemented. I stressed my attention on AI, game interface and gameplay improvements.

For the time being, the messages customization panel window does not help you? If you set the NW messages display on popup screen, you can see more clearly all events that affect NW.

I am just enjoying another game of WW1 and honestly, this is one of the features that I like least. I can get almost zero transparency on the NW changes of my or any other country. Just imagine you conquered 3 regions in France, lost another 2, fought 2 big battles on the West front, one in the East, maybe succeeded in a Great Offensive, add the effects of strikes, rebellions, civil production, blockade and so on, multiply this by all countries and the mix the small pop-ups randomly. I lose track of how much I won and how much I lost in NW. Couldn't you collect all those messages concerning one country and put them into one pop-up for each? Maybe adding a line like "NW of Russia changed by 7 from 24 to 31 this month. The following events affected Russia's NW:", followed by a simple listing of all the texts you already generate and put into single event pop-ups. And yes, that could include battles and conquests of other countries as well, I think this is no secret information anyway. In my eyes, that would help the game a lot, since NW is the core figure of the game.

SDFDAA
Civilian

mmmmm

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:08 pm

Lannes
Major

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:47 am

The gold version will be multi language or only english ?

calvinus

Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:59 pm

Gold version will include: English, French, Spanish*, Italian and German* languages.

* : provided the Spanish/German translator(s) finish their job(s) in time! ;)

Lannes
Major

Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:54 pm

Grazie mille, Calvinus ;)

Fastsnake
Major

Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:52 pm

Great!

And by the way, I know it's not the right topic here but... Do you know if your games are multilingual when we download them on american sites or through Paradox Entertainment? Because their Mount & Blade was only english... That's not really a problem but I like to practice my mother tongue also sometimes! ;)

calvinus

Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:05 am

The WW1 Gold Installer executable will have all languages inside! :)

I do not know if some editor(s) will ask us to build a new installer with only some languages, but this never happened before (except for Russia).

Fastsnake
Major

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:23 pm

Ok, great! And what about the other previous games?

arsan

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:43 pm

All AGEOD games are multilanguage too

razorbackjac
Captain

okie doe

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:06 pm

Looks great. Can't wait. Still play the other. :thumbsup:

calvinus

Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:15 pm

Jorrig wrote:I am just enjoying another game of WW1 and honestly, this is one of the features that I like least. I can get almost zero transparency on the NW changes of my or any other country. Just imagine you conquered 3 regions in France, lost another 2, fought 2 big battles on the West front, one in the East, maybe succeeded in a Great Offensive, add the effects of strikes, rebellions, civil production, blockade and so on, multiply this by all countries and the mix the small pop-ups randomly. I lose track of how much I won and how much I lost in NW. Couldn't you collect all those messages concerning one country and put them into one pop-up for each? Maybe adding a line like "NW of Russia changed by 7 from 24 to 31 this month. The following events affected Russia's NW:", followed by a simple listing of all the texts you already generate and put into single event pop-ups. And yes, that could include battles and conquests of other countries as well, I think this is no secret information anyway. In my eyes, that would help the game a lot, since NW is the core figure of the game.

I'm going to add a new page in Statistics window, that will show the NW fluctuations as you requested. :cool:

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:58 pm

I didn't buy the original game. But with the new map orientation, features, and continuing player support, I am looking forward to purchasing the gold version :thumbsup: .

Jorrig
Private

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:47 am

calvinus wrote:I'm going to add a new page in Statistics window, that will show the NW fluctuations as you requested. :cool:

Ok, this sounds promising! Thanks in advance! (Although I'll have some suggestions for improvement, for sure! ;) )

Redsco
Private

Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:46 am

Hello :)

I just have a quick question on aviation.

I had not watched too much in the first version of the game, but what about the historicity in the GOLD version.

We meet again, all units Jagd MS26 SPA26 N26 (sorry but I'm French ;) ) ... The same drivers, I did not like the system of appearance and disappearance of Ace, how are you this pass in the GOLD version.

Sorry for the translation, I used google exceptionally :love:

Thank you :D

And French:

Bonjour,

J'ai juste une petite question concernant l'aviation.

Je n'avais pas trop regardé dans la première version du jeu, mais qu'en est-il de l'historicité.

Retrouverons nous toutes les escadrilles jagd MS26 N26 SPA26 (désolé mais je suis Français ;) )... de même pour les pilotes, je n'aimais pas trop le system d'apparition et disparition des As, comment ça va ce passer dans la version GOLD.

Désolé pour la traduction, j'ai utilisé exceptionelement google :love:

Merci :D
« La garde meurt mais ne se rend pas ! »

Pierre Cambronne

:grr:

PhilThib

Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:50 am

Pour l'instant le système aérien (as inclus) n'est pas modifié, c'est celui du jeu original. Les avions représentent des groupes de plusieurs escadrilles et non une seule...quand aux As, leur apparition - dans un jeu - n'est pas (et ne doit pas être) conditionnée à un calendrier ou un ordre 'chronologique' précis... comme dans tout 'wargame', à un moment, on pioche des pions à l'aveugle ;)

PS: par contre, dans notre prochain jeu 'Gloire des Nations', on aura des escadrilles individualisées....si vous êtes capables de nous fournir une liste de noms de toutes les escadrilles de tous les pays en 1ereGM, on serait ravis :coeurs:

Redsco
Private

Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:27 am

Merci pour cette réponse rapide. :)

Après une rapide recherche sur le net j'ai déjà trouvé ce site pour les escadrilles Françaises : http://www.traditions-air.fr/

Mais en tous cas jolie le coup de pub pour 'Gloire des Nations' on voit le professionalisme :thumbsup: ;)

:mdr:
« La garde meurt mais ne se rend pas ! »

Pierre Cambronne

:grr:

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:57 pm

Luca: Send me new game now? L3

calvinus

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:55 am

I wish to post here a nice strategy coming with the AI engine, discovered by Tamas:

A-H (me): anti-serb plan
Russia: anti-austria plan

So no 2nd AH army against Serbians, this was not a problem earlier due to passive Russian AI. But now:

As you can see, the Russian 8th Army was east of the river Tisza but turned back to help take care of my armies which was a good move, no risk of getting caught out of supply and they have a chance to encircle me. :)

Tamas

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:19 am

One correction in my quoted text: no 2nd army against the Russians, of course, not Serbians :)

Too bad I have to go offline for several days, so I am unable to see this through but it is quite clear I am in deep trouble.

You see, with the vanilla AI, in case of this scenario you could overstretch the Austrian 3rd Army to the southeast and would probably intimidate the AI into very careful and slow offensives, but now it can recognize a serious hole and act accordingly.

And it was also nice to see that it did not continue to charge down with its 8th Army in the Hungarian plains, since that would had put it into the danger of cut supplies.

At this point, I will probably rush my 3rd Army down to the mountain pass at river Hernád, seeking to make a stand in front of it together with the 1st Army, while also protecting Przemysl.

The decisive thing is my 4th Army. If I simply move south, I may avoid the Russians, but if not, I will be the attacker in the battle and so I either force them to retreat, or I have to retreat to where I went from, running a grave risk of being trapped. To counter this, I would move but also book the army for interceptions, hoping for a lucky set of moves which would allow me to intercept into the hex I want to go to anyway, then I could retreat from there where I please (as defender)

My stack down south without any army number are the Grand HQ reserves I railroaded from the Serbian border.

Speaking of the Serbian border, the Russian AI choosed the "prepare Serbia" option, so I am struggling there too, quite frankly, due to underestimating the full-blown strength of Serbia (with that option you have all serbian units on the map from the start). So the most I could do is disengage the small 6th Army in Bosnia and stretch the 2nd Army to take its place, thus abandoning any offensive capabilities I have left there.

count taaffe
Sergeant

Tue May 04, 2010 9:59 am

Hi Luca!

tagwyn wrote:Luca: Send me new game now? L3

The game looks GREAT!!! :coeurs: :coeurs:

Please send me the game as well :mdr:

Hope it's coming out very soon - can't wait any longer :)

Cheers,

Peter

Fastsnake
Major

Tue May 04, 2010 1:33 pm

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/384/details/World.War.One.Gold

They're selling (or at leasr announcing) this as a new game with a new bundle. Did you know that? :s

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”