Bleedinbob
Private

Game after patches

Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:03 am

Initially this game received negative criticism when the game was released. Have the patches fixed many of the common problems that were being complained about? I tried the demo when it was first released and was not too impressed by it. Is it worth a buy now?

dougbush93
Captain

Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:54 am

Bleedinbob wrote:Initially this game received negative criticism when the game was released. Have the patches fixed many of the common problems that were being complained about? I tried the demo when it was first released and was not too impressed by it. Is it worth a buy now?

Overall, yes. The patches have brought the game from basically a poor beta version to a very good game where 99% of the game works well. Given the complexity of the game, it is quite an accomplishment. With the patches through 1.06H, I would recommend buying the game.

-Doug

Palpat
Colonel

Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:44 am

Is the game optimised as well?
I mean not as heavy to run as it was back in november...

dougbush93
Captain

Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:54 pm

Palpat wrote:Is the game optimised as well?
I mean not as heavy to run as it was back in november...

It definitely runs faster than it did when released, although some things still take some time depending on what mode you are playing in and what AI settings you have selected. I am currently playing in turn-based mode without Army-by-Army, with the AI settings maxed out. It runs the turns pretty fast.

Doug

Palpat
Colonel

Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:02 am

Well, I might give it a new try then.

CarnageINC
Sergeant

Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:13 pm

I also have been sitting on the fence on this one. How is Ageod supporting this game, a few guys like the older AACW or is it still under the microscope...still has good/great support? Any new patches being developed?

What worries my is that PBEM players are not out there. Your AAR's are mostly if not completely verus AI and I can't remember the last time I seen a request of a game in the PBEM section.

Generalisimo

Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:09 am

CarnageINC wrote:I also have been sitting on the fence on this one. How is Ageod supporting this game, a few guys like the older AACW or is it still under the microscope...still has good/great support? Any new patches being developed?

What worries my is that PBEM players are not out there. Your AAR's are mostly if not completely verus AI and I can't remember the last time I seen a request of a game in the PBEM section.

There has been a lot of new patches around... and also, they are working now on a "Gold version" with one of the new features being the map with the "normal" orientation. :thumbsup:
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

CarnageINC
Sergeant

Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:12 am

Does the "Gold" mean that its Ageod's 'finished' project and does it come as a update or is it going to be sold as a separate game? ;)

Generalisimo

Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:54 am

CarnageINC wrote:Does the "Gold" mean that its Ageod's 'finished' project and does it come as a update or is it going to be sold as a separate game? ;)

There isn't much confirmed yet, look in here:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=15142&highlight=gold+version
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

CarnageINC
Sergeant

Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:14 am

Thanks Generalisimo for pointing me in the right directions. ;) After reading all I have I still am apprehensive to buy it. I would love to try it, but I can't get the demo to work yet.

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”