Link to the Demo Patch 1.06H:
http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/3rdParty/WW1/Patches/WW1_DemoPatch_v1.0.6h.exe

Here the news...

[Version 1.0.6e]
[Version 1.0.6f]
[Version 1.0.6g]
[Version 1.0.6h]

Improvements:
- The max 50% RP spending checks are now calculated on the starting RP stock, and no more on the RP flow
- Double-clicking on a HQ over the Reinforcements HQ box now centers the map on the clicked HQ and the focus of the bottom frame is switched to the clicked HQ
- Clicking on a HQ over the Reinforcements HQ box now centers the map on the clicked HQ
- The text "none" inside the peace negotiations result is now "no area"
- Added text scrolling arrows in the following windows: Warplans selection, Draw events, Play Event, Event play notification/option choice
- Introduced an additional check to avoid air duels in case one or both the struggling forces do not contain any air squadrons
- Introduced some improvements for the multiplayer engine (network packet acknowledgment and delivery of confirmation of interceptions in secure mode)
- During air duels, the air mission sprites are now displayed also on counters of committed air squadrons
- Diplomatic AI has been modded in order to get a better performance on entry in war for neutral countries
- The determination of the best army assignment upon unit placement has been improved

(*) Scenario corrections:
- 1918 scenario: national flag of Russia changed to RSFSR

Fixed bugs:
- Corrected display error of att/def values for the Commander-in-Chiefs
- Fixed a bug in Reshuffle event that caused a recurrent triggering of the Reshuffle each turn in older savegames
- Fixed a regression bug in naval paths calculation
- Fixed a bug in Grand Offensive results check
- Fixed a bug in Victory determination (for Campaign scenarios)
- Fixed a bug in check procedure of other armies' presence for movements in army-by-army mode
- Fixed a bug in that made the Flip Unit button not working during the Lull in land battles
- Fixed a bug that caused a failure in execution of movements for coordinated armies
- The error message of army reaction not allowed because already performed was wrongly displayed as 'wrong phase'
- Fixed a crash in "peaceful frontiers garrisoning" rule checks
- Fixed a bug that prevented the savegame when hitting the Enter key
- Fixed a graphic bug in the animated circle display offset for rebellions and strikes on the map
- Fixed a bug that prevented the creation of newly built ships inside naval squadrons yet not in play
- Fixed some bugs that caused the failure of almost all air missions
- Fixed a bug in naval paths determination that made possible for navies to move into enemy harbors
- Fixed a bug in "peaceful frontiers garrisoning" rule that made the check uneffective
- Fixed a bug in the Multiplayer engine that caused a loss of synchro in phase transitions

(*) : old savegame are not affected, sorry.

Important: the official 1.06H is all-inclusive, you can install it over any previous version of the game.

Have fun!
Calvinus.

Franciscus

Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:27 am

Thank you, Calvinus, for your continuing support :thumbsup:

vonRocko
Colonel

Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:20 pm

Thank you Calvinus! :thumbsup:

count taaffe
Sergeant

Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:42 pm

Hi Calvinus!

Thank you so much for your support - now I will have to switch back from AACW again :D :D :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Peter

Panama Red
Lieutenant

Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:29 pm

Thank you and I hope your hand is healing. :thumbsup:

AndrewKurtz

Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:33 pm

+1 :thumbsup:

06 Maestro
General

Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:40 am

MP is now working for me. I played Tanneburg through as a test on my ome network without any problems. This is really a great fix.

Excellent work there Calvinus :thumbsup: Maybe it was a good thing the old PC croaked. :)

calvinus

Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:41 am

Excellent news 06Maestro! :)

Now I'm waiting the "ok go" from the Russian partners, so that I'm free to start back working on the Gold version (battle logs window, stacks management window, new map...) ;)

That means I have not finished improving this game. You will see a new big upgrade in late autumn! :king:

Nial
Colonel

Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:14 pm

Looks good :)

Thanks Calvinus
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

06 Maestro
General

Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:16 am

calvinus wrote:Excellent news 06Maestro! :)

Now I'm waiting the "ok go" from the Russian partners, so that I'm free to start back working on the Gold version (battle logs window, stacks management window, new map...) ;)

:king:

Hmm-very interesting. In the hopes this can be mentioned; :) is this color changes to the map, or some more profound changes like orientation?

AndrewKurtz

Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:07 am

06 Maestro wrote:or some more profound changes like orientation?

I'd give that up and start getting used to it ;)

Haplo_Patryn
Brigadier General

Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:40 pm

Great news!

Thank you Calvinus.

Marquee
Sergeant

Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:52 pm

Great to see another update! I was waiting for this for some time. Thanks Luca.

Busacca
Civilian

Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:48 pm

Great job, Luca! :thumbsup:
Getting the new patch now.
But, do not expect I'll try it soon: it's a burning hot summer here, as you know.
Si sta come, d'autunno, sugli alberi, le foglie.
[SIZE="1"]G. Ungaretti[/size]

Forezjohn
Corporal

Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:21 pm

I'm afraid I have to report a bug :
playing the 1916 scenario on the entente side, I wasn't able to move the greek corps( OK to me, you wanna be independant, go ahead, il will hide my own troops :neener :) .
problem happened when a greek army was attacked by bulgares in the military phase : the dedicated "battle" window appeared but I wasn't able to move the corp in any box, neither retreat or do anything : I had to kill the program and restart. :(

calvinus

Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:04 pm

Forezjohn wrote:I'm afraid I have to report a bug :
playing the 1916 scenario on the entente side, I wasn't able to move the greek corps( OK to me, you wanna be independant, go ahead, il will hide my own troops :neener :) .
problem happened when a greek army was attacked by bulgares in the military phase : the dedicated "battle" window appeared but I wasn't able to move the corp in any box, neither retreat or do anything : I had to kill the program and restart. :(

Greece starts the 1916 scenario as neutral, so please can you post here the zipped savegame (.sav & .map)?

Thanks,
Calvinus.

Forezjohn
Corporal

Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:09 pm

calvinus wrote:Greece starts the 1916 scenario as neutral, so please can you post here the zipped savegame (.sav & .map)?

Thanks,
Calvinus.

Well, the computer on which the game is installed has serious problems (thanks to vista I guess:bonk :) and I'm not even sure the game has been save.
I'm almost certain greece was at war at the beginning of the scenario.
Anyway I will poste the files asap if they (still) exist.

calvinus

Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:21 pm

Forezjohn wrote:Well, the computer on which the game is installed has serious problems (thanks to vista I guess:bonk :) and I'm not even sure the game has been save.
I'm almost certain greece was at war at the beginning of the scenario.
Anyway I will poste the files asap if they (still) exist.

Yes, you are right! Many thanks (again) to our beloved scenario editor, whose mistakes are discovered months and months after the release... :evilgrin:

Herewith attached you can find a zip containing the corrected 1916.scn file. Unzip and copy it in the [game dir]\Data\Scenario directory.

Next patch will include the fix...
Attachments
1916.zip
(743 Bytes) Downloaded 240 times

gpepper

Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:24 pm

The link doesn't seem to work... :(

edit: No, sorry, it was just my browser which download like a cow... :wacko:
[CENTER]. : G P E P P E R : .
[url]http://www.gillespfeiffer.com[/URL]
[url]http://www.frenchschoolofcg.com[/URL][/align]

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:07 am

WWI wouldn't happen to be compatible with 64-bit systems now, would it? Because I'm getting some error on "line 54". And I have Windows 7 64-bit.

calvinus

Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:58 am

enf91 wrote:WWI wouldn't happen to be compatible with 64-bit systems now, would it? Because I'm getting some error on "line 54". And I have Windows 7 64-bit.

Other people encountered the same error in line #54 of fopen.c.

Possible causes:
- game download not complete or corrupted -> so some files were absent and the game failed opening them (fopen.c), or
- UAC filter on, so the user had insufficent grants for accessing files, and the game failed opening them (fopen.c again).

Otherwise, if none of the listed causes is the right one, perhaps Windows 7 64-bit is really not compatible.

trebor31
Civilian

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:37 am

Hi Calvinus - Cheers for all the great work you've done on this excellent game. I'm just wondering how the development of the next patch is coming along? I think you mentioned last autumn (2009) as the release date...Any news?

calvinus

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:34 am

Hello trebor31, the new Gold Edition of WW1 is almost finished. At least, I already developed the minimum set of new features, fixes and improvements scheduled for the Gold.

So, considering the editors will give us the "green light" not before a couple of weeks (or even more? I'm just wondering...), we have time now to add further additions and improvements! ;)

So stay tuned, I'll post some screenshot and I'll keep you informed about any progress.

Thanks,
Calvinus.

Alfssson
Conscript

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:55 am

Calvinus,

a screenshot showing us the combat logs (or any other logs) would be great :thumbsup:

calvinus

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:47 am

Ok, I will produce soon some screenshot of the Battle Logs and of the new Forces Management window. :)

Fastsnake
Major

Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:39 pm

Oh you made more than a patch to enhance this game?
That's damn cool, because I think he deserves (and needs too!) it.
But why you're waiting for the "green light", you'll completely re-release the whole game or something like that?

calvinus

Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:26 pm

I'm simply the game developer... the last man in charge. That's why I must wait the green light from the Editor(s). :D

Fastsnake
Major

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:34 pm

Errrrr... Yes, if you say so. :)

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”