Syagrius
Lieutenant

Africa

Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:52 pm

I managed to eliminate all enemy units in Africa. In the manual it says that you have to win several battle to control a colony box. When moving the cursor over a conquered enemy box it says "control could mean a loss of 2 economic points to Germany" and "numbers of battle to win: 2. Battle won: 0"

So I am not sure if I actually control the box and deprive the enemy of Economic points since it says "could". There is just in Dar es salaam that I seem to actually have complet control after I had a message "Belgium got # NW points for the conquest of Da es salaam"
Roma Aeterna Est

Strat_84
Private

Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:14 pm

You just have to wait, every turn you spend in that region counts as a won battle. A few turns later the colony will be yours.

I'm much more concerned about AI, I've never seen it attack in Africa. But on the other hand I understand this a bit, as the lonely German corps aren't a match for the big French, Belgian and British colonial armies.

Syagrius
Lieutenant

Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:17 pm

Yes that's what I am doing, keep the troops there for several turns, but the tooltip keep saying "could deprive", so I assumed I was not in full control.
Roma Aeterna Est

Frank

Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:39 pm

Strat_84 wrote:I'm much more concerned about AI, I've never seen it attack in Africa. But on the other hand I understand this a bit, as the lonely German corps aren't a match for the big French, Belgian and British colonial armies.

I notice the same. And this is weird because in earlier versions the Entente attack in Africa regularly.

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”