bosk
Conscript

Diplomacy with Serbia

Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:47 pm

In the boardgame it's possible to do diplomacy with Serbia in August1914.
I wanted to do it to have Serbia with Central Power, but impossible to find Serbia in the list of country.

In exchange i found Albania, but i thinked that was impossible?

So what i missed?

Thanks.

(I play with 1.05i).

calvinus

Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:50 pm

You missed nothing. Let's say I have to add a special rule for Serbia... a bit complex. Job for next versions... :love:

PhilThib

Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:22 pm

bosk wrote:In the boardgame it's possible to do diplomacy with Serbia in August1914.
I wanted to do it to have Serbia with Central Power, but impossible to find Serbia in the list of country.

Serbia cannot really be CP, even in the boardgame. Diplomacy with her is done via Austrian options (the Ultimatum) in the warplans window in August 1914 and only then...
If Serbia accepts the ultimatum, it is kind of annexed by Austria, but war still erupts... that's about it for Serbian diplomacy (and it was the same in the boardgame).

calvinus

Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:25 pm

Yes, but in the boardgame you can send diplomats in order to pressure the acceptance of the ultimatum, during the diplomatic pre-phase only...
This option is not possible in the PC game, sorry. :(

bosk
Conscript

Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:23 pm

You may have a Serbia CP without taking the good option (but that helps it's sure), in the boardgame and PCgame (if the rule is correct).

If Serbia reach the lvl 7+ in the diplomacy track, you've in PCgame rule( but i'm sure that is the same in the boardgame):
"It [Serbia] become a minor ally of Austria-Hungary"

Ok Calvinus, i'll wait ;)

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Diplomacy?

Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:34 pm

Hey "Old Man:" Negotiating with Serbia in 1914 would be somewhat akin to the turkey negotiating on Thanksgiving with hungry diners!! What is there to negotiate? The Archduke is dead!!!!!!!! The cat is out of the bag!!! Now is time to fight of surrender! Flip a coin ... either side comes up a loss. :p apy:

calvinus

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:07 am

Yes, there's a minor chance that Serbia accepts the ultimatum. A diplomatic check is indeed performed on Serbia during the diplomatic pre-phase only, scripted by rules, but you cannot send there any diplomats, so being not able to "help" yourself... This could be introduced in a future version as improvement. ;)

Syagrius
Lieutenant

Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:07 pm

In my last game, Italy got in the Central Powers in the first turn!! I am Entente. Is it something happening often with other players?
Roma Aeterna Est

Flop
Major

Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:10 pm

In my current game as CP they joined the entente on the first or second turn. I haven't had them join anyone in any of my other games, although most of them ran only for a few turns.

sval06
Captain

Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:23 pm

Syagrius wrote:In my last game, Italy got in the Central Powers in the first turn!! I am Entente. Is it something happening often with other players?

It also depends on Central powers warplans and options ;)
If AH agrees on Trentin and Germany plays a diplomatic poker on them, then there is a big probability that Italy goes to war as a central power. :thumbsup:

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”