CSS
Lieutenant

Open builds?

Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:12 pm

When we build units for example the German navy, how much latitude do we have as far as being Non-Historical? can we build more or less dreadnaughts, or subs?

keith
Sergeant

Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:50 pm

within limits of available resources it wouldnt be much of a game if you couldnt make your own decisions regarding which assets you build and which direction you take your countries economy, i hope !!!!

CSS
Lieutenant

Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:03 pm

Agreed, I know to build each super dreadnaught it would be equivilant to fleshing out and equiping 2 army corp. Yet if you should wish to keep the dreadnaught race going how many more can you build!

Feralkoala
Private

Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:18 pm

I'm not sure why you'd want to keep it going, the dreadnoughts England has coming out just historically would keep you busy--if they use historical construction times, you'll be even further behind the curve. And if England builds to match, that is alot of "R" class dreadnoughts you'll have to face in 1918 :D My guess would be you would simply hasten the fall of the 2nd Reich.

CSS
Lieutenant

Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:50 am

Good point! However it is an ability to modify History along your own desired path. I.E. Jellicoe was the only man who could have lost the war in one day. Suppose Germany does not attack Belgium and defends her border in the west, while smashing Serbia and gets Romainia to join her and Smashes Russia, while building a fleet to take on Britain?

There was one almost encounter when the ENTIRE High Seas Fleets almost stumbled into 6 british dreadnaughts, the result would have been probably a british massacre and sudden Naval parity in as well as Moral superiority.

The possiblities in tis game could truely be staggering , in as well as offer great replay value!

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”