CSS
Lieutenant

My thoughts about the game!

Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:11 pm

I have been a gamer since 1976. Good or bad I have had over 500+ board games and 400+ computer games. Grand Strategy games have always been my favorites. I fondly remember many very long days fighting marathon battles of War in Europe, War in the Pacific, World War one (The Monster version SPI) World in Flames,Empires in Arms, Totaler Krieg, March to Victory, Over There, the list goes on and on. In as well as my history library is approaching 4000 volumes. (I read a lot despite my poor spelling! LOL)

All of the above information is not bragging, it merely defines what I am about to say about La Grande Guerre. I have had the board game since 1999 and have been dreaming of playing it! The game puts together ALL of the combinations of the war superbly {Diplomacy, Naval, Morale,Production,Quality/Morale of troops, Fog of war,intra turn interaction, Leaders, Tactical choices, and on and on.

It truly is the Holy grail of comprehensive game design. I have never seen such historically accurate capabilities with freedom of action ever. WIF and EIA were better than excellent....yet I feel this game has the ability if true to the board version, to be the best game designed, developed and produced to date.

Gentlemen, do not woe over things like the angle of the map, or PBEM, THIS game will redefine nail biting fun and replay ability!!!!

My hats off the best November surprise of my 48 years to the group at AGEOD!!!!

Craig S Sneed
Sewell Lexus of Fort Worth

Tamas

Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:20 pm

Welcome!

It's nice to have an other fellow LGG fan over here. :D

Cosimus
Private

Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:12 am

You´re absolutely right!
Although there is no PBEM, the game will be the killer. PBEM will be absolutely hopeless with this game, trust me, I tried out with a Cyberboard-version of LGG.
[font="Arial Black"]"Nicht Kleckern beim Kotzen"[/font][font="Arial"] "Guderian at 18[/font]:nuts:
[font="Arial Black"]"Klotzen nicht Kleckern"[/font][font="Arial"] "Guderian 30 years later"[/font]:niark:

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”