Revan
Corporal

Army by Army mode : moving GHQs and army reactions.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:09 am

hi evrybody.

I try to play the army-by-army mode for the first time.
It's not as complicated as i tought and pretty enjoyable but i have two basic questions which answers are unclear in the manual.

-How and when can i move my GHQs? I try to move it between two army activations, like written in the manual but it doesn't work (the game says that army is not activated).

-How can i perform an army reaction? Sometimes i pause the AI when it's its turn and i try to performe the raction. if the reaction test succeed i try toi move the army i've just activated but...the game says that the army is not activated.

Thanks for the answers :)

calvinus

Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:24 am

Revan wrote:-How and when can i move my GHQs? I try to move it between two army activations, like written in the manual but it doesn't work (the game says that army is not activated).

GHQs are moved during the first army activation. What is page of the manual where I can find that sentence?

Revan wrote:-How can i perform an army reaction? Sometimes i pause the AI when it's its turn and i try to performe the raction. if the reaction test succeed i try toi move the army i've just activated but...the game says that the army is not activated.

Mmhh, strange. I'll check if there's any bug.
Visit my other games at : http://www.calvinusgames.com

calvinus

Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:11 pm

Revan wrote:-How can i perform an army reaction? Sometimes i pause the AI when it's its turn and i try to performe the raction. if the reaction test succeed i try toi move the army i've just activated but...the game says that the army is not activated.

I tested reactions, all worked fine. After the reaction attempt is successful, you have to un-pause the AI so that it finishes the current activation. As soon the AI activation ends, you get the reaction activation and may plan the movement for the reaction army detachments. Then press the Go button and all movements will be performed, battles will occur. So your reaction activation is ended, and the AI turn is resumed as well...
Visit my other games at : http://www.calvinusgames.com

Revan
Corporal

Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:47 pm

A lot of thanks for the tip :)

And i have checked the manual for the GHQ, it says that i need to move GHQ's when my main army is activated, not between two activated army. My bad (and so I don't remeber where I found this bad idea).

Again, thanks for your time :)

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”