EightDeer
Conscript

A few questions

Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:11 am

I only just started playing this game; there are a lot of things I haven't figured out. Please help.

1. I'm playing as the Central Powers, and I draw an event like "Clemenceau" or "Severe Blockade"; something that only gives bonuses to the Entente or only harms the Central Powers. Is there any reason to keep and/or use this type of event?

2. Some events have no duration specified in the manual. Things like "Fokker", "Laffargue", "Rohr" and "Naval Code Breaking". Do the bonuses from these events last for the whole war?

3. What's the maximum number of events I can have stored at any one time?

calvinus

Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:23 am

EightDeer wrote:1. I'm playing as the Central Powers, and I draw an event like "Clemenceau" or "Severe Blockade"; something that only gives bonuses to the Entente or only harms the Central Powers. Is there any reason to keep and/or use this type of event?

Simply take these events in your hand preventing your enemy to draw and play them against you.

EightDeer wrote:2. Some events have no duration specified in the manual. Things like "Fokker", "Laffargue", "Rohr" and "Naval Code Breaking". Do the bonuses from these events last for the whole war?

You found explanations for each event in the big manual (http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=12625), section 27. Events and Stratagems.

EightDeer wrote:3. What's the maximum number of events I can have stored at any one time?

I recall the max number is ten. You can discard the events you are not interested to play, so freeing space in your hand.

EightDeer
Conscript

Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:28 pm

Thank you for the help.

calvinus wrote:You found explanations for each event in the big manual (http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=12625), section 27. Events and Stratagems.

I looked at the manual, but I'm still confused. To give an example, the event "Technology" says that it gives +2 to the research test die roll during your next technology phase.

The event "Fokker" on the other hand, just says +1 to all Air Technology rolls. Does this mean that "Fokker" and similar events give permanent bonuses?

calvinus

Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:37 pm

Bonus modifier provided by Fokker is permanent, for all air technos.

EightDeer
Conscript

Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:39 am

Thanks. It sounds like Naval Code Breaking is an extremely powerful event: a permanent bonus, plus I can get it multiple times.

4. In the manual, it says Belgium and Denmark give Germany agricultural aid if their diplomatic level is high enough. However, the Diplomatic Summary window in-game says these countries never give agricultural aid. Which is correct?

calvinus

Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:11 pm

EightDeer wrote:Thanks. It sounds like Naval Code Breaking is an extremely powerful event: a permanent bonus, plus I can get it multiple times.

Yes, it's a permanent bonus to all naval encounters checks.

EightDeer wrote:4. In the manual, it says Belgium and Denmark give Germany agricultural aid if their diplomatic level is high enough. However, the Diplomatic Summary window in-game says these countries never give agricultural aid. Which is correct?

Open the diplomacy window of:
Denmark - at level 7 (economic support pro-Centrals) Denmark grants economic aids and defense bonus from blockade to Germany, that means agricultural support.
Belgium, I see indeed no agricultural support, so maybe there's a mistake in the game manual

Return to “WW1 : La Grande Guerre 14-18”