Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tribute to Henry D. (RIP)

Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:02 pm

Dear friends from the AGEod community,

I have the painful task to announce you the decease of Heinrich-Adam DOERLE (aka Henry D.)

Heinrich was a very active member of the AGEod Beta team, he was instrumental in the translation of AGEod projects in German. More recently, he had begun to help AGEod for the marketing in Germany.

Heinrich was also very well known as an active member and a Moderator of Strategycon Interactive, the main German speaking Strategy/Wargame forum.

Above all, he was a friendly man, incredibly dynamic (and talkative :) ).
We have lost a friend.

The whole AGEod crew and all the members of the BETA Team send their best thoughts of comfort to his family.

The AGEod Team

MarkShot

Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:32 pm

Goodbye, dear Friend. There wasn't enough time. I shall remember you.

Pocus

Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:43 pm

Everything else seems so pointless when you lose a friend.
He was such a nice, educated and gentle man.
My thoughts to his family.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Hohenlohe

Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:47 pm

I am horrified about this news and I have just informed our si-games forum about our tragic loss.I will miss him especially his humour and his posts...But he will be remembered...

Hohenlohe

R.I.P. Henry D.

jhdeerslayer

Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:26 pm

Never good to hear such information but glad the community knows. Condolenses to his family.

Jabberwock

Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:33 pm

In the time I have been back on this forum I have have occasionally found myself wondering . . . "Where's Henry? Henry should have something brilliantly insightful, or kind, or just plain silly to say." I think I will miss his silliness the most.
[color="DimGray"] You deserve to be spanked[/color]

Paul Roberts

Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:45 pm

I believe I came aboard late enough that I didn't know him well. But I have already learned this is a fine community of caring people, and I'm very sorry for this news.

Le Ricain

Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:17 pm

Paul Roberts wrote:I believe I came aboard late enough that I didn't know him well. But I have already learned this is a fine community of caring people, and I'm very sorry for this news.

This is sad news. I am sure that our thoughts go out to his family. I think we shall especially miss his wit and humour.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

Walloc
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:52 pm

L8rs Henrich, if that is possible.

I hope the best for ur wife and ur daugther. Will what ever can help them through this difficult time, hopefully be provided.

Miss talking about NCP with ya on ICQ and vent about life in general.

Rasmus Klitgaard

Pocus

Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:59 pm

Here is the last words I had from him, on january 18, 2008. As you see, we liked to exchange salvoes of smileys!

[11:48] Stauffenberg: Hm, there are so many wars of the 18. century as yet unfeatured
[11:48] Stauffenberg: I see a lot of possibilities for add-ons? *ducks*O:-)
[11:49] Stauffenberg: Btw, am I keeping You from working, again?:-[
[11:50] Pocus: at half speed, I manage to type a bit of code between 2 answers, its ok... I see you soon!
[11:51] Stauffenberg: Hm, yeah, I see, and then the next bug is my fault=-O
Better leave You alone then, bye;-):-D
[11:51] Pocus: I have to accuse someone :) cya

and then he logged off at 18:33, for the last time.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Carnium

Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:15 pm

R.I.P Heinrich

I didn't know him, but its always sad to hear such a terrible news.

Rafiki

Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:36 pm

I was shocked when I got word about this, and it's taken me some time to start absorbing the news of Henry's passing and be able to start putting together my thoughts about it :(

First of all, my thoughts go to his wife and kid daughter, who I know he held very dearly, as well as to the rest of his family. I can only imagine the loss they have suffered, and that this must have happened quite suddenly and unexpectedly does not make it any better :(

It's a strange thing with people you know solely over the internet. Though I never talked to Henry in person or even over the phone, I felt I was starting to get to know him. We became "active" within this community at fairly comparable rates, and since we also had a few things in common personally (married with a little daughter, government employees, about the same age, "not French" ;) , etc), it was kinda natural, I guess, that we got to talking a fair deal, both about things related to AGEOD as well as other stuff.

He had a good understanding of forum life and communities and he had the ability to both see and work towards "the big picture". Though there was nothing in it for himself, I know he went more than a few extra miles in "spreading the word" about AGEOD games among the Germans.

I'll remember his intelligence, his humor and his self-irony, and I'll miss him for his ability to post the Right Post, be it a particularly good insight into something or something humorous or even corny to diffuse a discussion that looked like it was heading in the wrong way. I also think it's typical that his last post at these forums was about not taking the bait when forum trolls are on the loose.

Rest in peace, Henry. Thank you for the time you spent with us and best wishes on your journey onwards. Perhaps one day we'll get round to doing that PBEM game we talked about but never really got started.
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Frank E

Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:42 pm

I'd like to send my deepest condolensces to his family and friends.

I've known Henry ever since I joined the beta forums. He was smart, witty, articulate and someone who didn't take himself too seriously; a person whom I both liked and respected.

You will be missed, my friend. :(

Frank

DirkX
Lieutenant

Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:10 pm

What sad news !
I had the pleasure to play an email match with him and he was a truely friendly person.
i dont really know him personally, but this is really touching news which made me sad.

MarkShot

Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:57 pm

This morning when I got the mail, I sat here and cried. I cried, because I lost my friend and never got to say goodbye. I cried, because at that moment I knew that I wanted to know him better and share more, but it would never be so.

Right before Henry left, I found out that he and I both share a love of submarines (German U-boats and American Fleet Boats).

I only know we were friends and now regret the short time that we shared, but just the same, I am thankful for having known him.

To his family - I am very sorry for your infinite loss.

Hobbes

Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:43 am

Very sad news indeed. You will be sorely missed Heinrich.

Chris

FortyEighter
Private

Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:06 am

I'm very sad to hear this.
I was lucky to know Henry for some time. We talked a lot about his family, about things that happened in our lives and about our interest in the ACW. It was always fun, because he was such a polite and funny guy.
I will miss him.
My condolences go to his wife, his little daughter and to all his relatives and friends.
Rest in Peace my friend.
"I fight mit Sigel" XI Corps, Army of the Potomac
FortyEighter aka Leprechaun @ Paradox Forums
R.I.P. Henry D.

Adlertag

Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:04 am

We lose a friend...
A very kind man, cultured, with whom I had great pleasure to discuss and appreciate his sense of humour (Hey, Henry, remenber your choice of Wellington's avatar and yet being in French managed forums !).

"La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche".
May you have breach the wall, Henry...

Olivier.
La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

Pocus

Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:19 pm

Philippe Thibaut is away until monday without internet access, so I convey here his message.

He expresses his deepest condolences to Heinrich's familly, with particular thoughts toward his little child and wife.

Preussenhusar
Civilian

Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:32 pm

As beeing an friend who only had the opportunity to contact him by ICQ and several chatrooms, but knowing a lot of his private life, I'm shocked quite heavily to read about his sudden death.

I've lost a very honorable friend an on behalf of the community of SI-GAMES an on my own forum I whish to express my deep regrets.

He was an important supporter of AGEOD at SI-GAMES and founded a german community there.

I've bought the two games AACW and NCP according to his collective order.

R.I.P. my friend.
Maybe we'll meet another time and at another place.

PH

Robert E. Lee
Private

Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:20 pm

Very sad news....
"It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it"

Primasprit

Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:24 pm

I was very shocked and sad as I heard the news. It is hard to accept that Henry is gone.
I will not forget him.

Sol Invictus

Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:20 pm

This is an absolute shock. I was suppose to play a pbem of the Spanish Campaign with Henry and was about to email him because I had not heard from him for awhile. I simply cannot believe this. His wit and intellect will be sorely missed on these boards and I send my deepest regrets and prayers to his family. :gardavou:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Franciscus

Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:47 pm

Sad, sad news...

May he rest in peace.
My thoughts go to his family.

flintlock
Captain

Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:48 pm

What terribly sad news. I'd like to extend my deepest condolences to his family and friends--my thoughts are with you.

Queeg
Lieutenant Colonel

Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:54 am

It takes a special person to touch so many folks who he never actually met. We will miss him.

dooya

Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:22 am

Being both, member of Strategycon Interactive and member of Stauffenberg's German translation team for AACW and NCP, it always appeared to me, that he was a true AGOEDiac, and I believe the tribute paid by AGEOD and this community would have made him proud and happy.

My thoughts are with his family.
No quote - No bullshit!

Jojo le Gouffy
Captain

Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:30 am

Comme l'a dit Queeg, il faut une personnalité particulière pour manquer à tous ceux qui le fréquentèrent sans jamais le rencontrer.
Et je suis de ceux-là.

Je suggère quelque chose.
Peut-on envisager que l'équipe d'Ageod fasse la synthèse des soutiens présents en ce fil et l'offre à la famille d'Henri ?

Le Ricain

Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:51 am

Jojo le Gouffy wrote:
Je suggère quelque chose.
Peut-on envisager que l'équipe d'Ageod fasse la synthèse des soutiens présents en ce fil et l'offre à la famille d'Henri ?

Une bonne idée
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

Pocus

Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:45 am

C'est prévu oui.

This is planned.

One of our game (the next I think) will be in memory of Henry also.

Return to “News from AGEod”