PhilThib

New ageod website

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:03 pm

After almost three years since the last change, we have decided to upgrade our website and are pleased to announce that the new AGEOD website is now online!

Apart from the change in appearance, we shall also offer you new functionalities (e.g. the possibility to access online your serials for all games you purchased from us,
or to order box versions when they exist and are still in stock) and a streamlined approach to our games.

And, more interestingly, the new tool will allow us to offer our faithful clients regular promotions, sales and special offers…

We have regenerated and re-created all users accounts. You will receive a mail with your login and password.
To be safe, we recommend that you update your password at the same time you take a tour of the new website.

All this week and until the end of the next week-end (June 17th, 2012), we will offer a special promotion on the latest AGE game, [color="#B22222"]Revolution Under Siege[/color]… with a special, ‘revolutionary’ price, of [color="#FF0000"]9.99[/color] (€, $, £) for that period!

So we welcome you to join with us again

Enjoy our games :cool:

The AGEOD team

.. we hope you will like it... :love:

MarkShot

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:36 pm

So, is it time yet to rename PON back to VGN? :)

Sepul
Lieutenant

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:37 pm

Looks great!! And the "revolutionary" price too :thumbsup:

Kensai

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:34 pm

I have two of your games from Steam (PON, ROP) and three (WIA, ACW, NCP) from Gamersgate. But the RUS offer is so tempting to pass... :neener:
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Kensai wrote:I have two of your games from Steam (PON, ROP) and three (WIA, ACW, NCP) from Gamersgate. But the RUS offer is so tempting to pass... :neener:

Kensai, this is an amazing game, with terrific AI that is a real challenge. And you cannot beat this price!

gekkoguy82
Major

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:47 pm

Every time I try to order via paypal I get told that there's a "problem loading page" and that "the page isn't redirecting properly"

Even though I know very little about the Russian Civil War, based on all the rave reviews and since I have most other ageod games, I want to give RUS a try! Oh, and there's the price. But I am thwarted :(

PhilThib

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:55 pm

gekkoguy82 wrote:Every time I try to order via paypal I get told that there's a "problem loading page" and that "the page isn't redirecting properly"

Even though I know very little about the Russian Civil War, based on all the rave reviews and since I have most other ageod games, I want to give RUS a try! Oh, and there's the price. But I am thwarted :(

Can you send me a screenshot of what you see in your browser with the PayPal problem please. Send to pthibaut@ageod.net

We had not issue with it before, and we need to fix that asap. FYI, the Visa payment functions well

Nevertheless, I just made a try with my own private PayPal account (kind of auto purchase :D ) and it works perfectly well in less than 3 minutes... have checked your PayPal account, made sure it's certified and all is fine at that end? :wacko:

Kensai

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:09 pm

vaalen wrote:Kensai, this is an amazing game, with terrific AI that is a real challenge. And you cannot beat this price!

I will definitely buy it. I even consider BOA1 while I don't plan to play it, just to support AGEOD. But you know, I already have two digital distribution systems (Steam, Gamersgate), should I start a third one?

Got to think.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:

gekkoguy82
Major

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:37 pm

PhilThib wrote:Can you send me a screenshot of what you see in your browser with the PayPal problem please. Send to pthibaut@ageod.net

We had not issue with it before, and we need to fix that asap. FYI, the Visa payment functions well

Nevertheless, I just made a try with my own private PayPal account (kind of auto purchase :D ) and it works perfectly well in less than 3 minutes... have checked your PayPal account, made sure it's certified and all is fine at that end? :wacko:

Sent you the screenshot, hopefully it's beneficial. I just tried again to no avail...I tried it in Google Chrome as well.

It's probably similar to how someone takes their car to a mechanic due to a strange noise, but when the mechanic looks it over the noise does not make itself heard. Sorry to bother you if it's just user error :(

Edit: Yes, as far as I know my paypal is all squared away. :(

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:57 pm

Thank you for your efforts, guys, and for your wonderful games. :coeurs: :thumbsup:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Castruccio
Conscript

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:05 pm

I thought the latest AGE game was PON, not RUS.

Carnium

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:06 pm

Wow, great website change and RUS will (finally) be mine :thumbsup:

Franciscus

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:08 pm

Good job !

Is the personal account working yet ? Because when I log in and go to my account, I have no orders and no keys, although I have bought from you all your games :)

Regards

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:21 pm

Paypal is not working? In the US, I have been charged huge fees by banks when I make international payments by credit card, so I will wait until paypal is working properly. Come to think of it, I already own every game you are selling. So, if you want me to buy from you, you will just have to create more products.

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:36 pm

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS !
just when i was thinking to buy RUS !!!!!!

:thumbsup: :p ompom: :p ompom:

ha ! ha ! allons galoper dans les steppes enneigées :dada: :p ouet:
[color="#FF8C00"][/color]Eylau 1807

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Rus is excellent game and it is rumored "White Walkers" following the trail who did not purchase yet. :D

[url=[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/320pxwhitewalker.jpg/]Image[/url] Uploaded with ImageShack.us]Image Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/URL]

Kensai

Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:31 pm

May I ask something silly? Is the RUS version for sale a direct download or a box? I am confused by the explanation in the bottom three offerings where it says they are boxes but online only. Those above don't have the special box designation, but it says CD-ROM or DVD.

If AGEOD means AGE Online Distribution, then surely a digital version should be there.
Großdeutschland Mod

PhilThib

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:43 pm

Not a silly question in fact....RUS is purely digital.

We only have a few games in boxed version, in limited (very) quantities: BOA, ACW, NCP, GI, WIA, WW1 (not Gold, the classic)... i'll check to make the description more clear here...

Kensai

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:39 pm

Are you planning to sell other kind of merchandise and paraphernalia? Dunno: signed t-shirts, posters, models, stickers, etc?
Großdeutschland Mod

asdicus
Sergeant

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:58 pm

The sale price of 9.99 in $,euro or pounds seems to take no account of different currency values. Is this intentional ? I was thinking of buying RUS but the uk price of £9.99 is much higher than the equivalent usd $9.99 price. $9.99 should be really about £6.50.

PhilThib

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:07 pm

This is indeed intentional, as we can't adjust continually between the various fluctuating currencies. When the pound was lower, the UK customers were benefitting...now its the turn of "poor" euro consummers :D . If this is an issue for you, I advise you to buy in euro in such a case.

Warsage
Colonel

Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:26 am

Congratulations on the new website. Thanks for lowering the RUS, it's finally mine. ;)
However, I note that the download speed is quite low (60-80 Kb / s, when I have ADSL 10 MB).

Ilitarist
Sergeant

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:47 pm

By the way, is there any specific reason why some AGE games are in Steam (PoN, BoA1 and RoP) and some aren't? I'd sure buy more on Steam - it's hard to get those games other ways in my country and also, you know, everybody has Steam and wouldn't like to have yet another delievery system.

PhilThib

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Reason is simple: Steam refused them :bonk:

I don't know, may be if players / buyers complain to Steam about the absence of the game, they would change their minds... although I seriously doubt it... :)

If it was pure business, they would sell AACW which has a 10:1 ratio sales ratio compared to the games they currently sell, despite being "too old" as they said to me...

Ilitarist
Sergeant

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:51 pm

PhilThib wrote:Reason is simple: Steam refused them :bonk:

I don't know, may be if players / buyers complain to Steam about the absence of the game, they would change their minds... although I seriously doubt it... :)

If it was pure business, they would sell AACW which has a 10:1 ratio sales ratio compared to the games they currently sell, despite being "too old" as they said to me...

I don't understand. I see several very old games there but OK, those are classics like Civilization 3. But there's Kohan, for example, which never was a hit, I think. Pride of Nations is listed as a Paradox game, so maybe that's the reason why it's there. But there's still Birth of America and Rise of Prussia there and they are less popular than RUS as Metacritic says. Strange.

DaiMonPaul
Private

Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:12 pm

Warsage wrote:Congratulations on the new website. Thanks for lowering the RUS, it's finally mine. ;)
However, I note that the download speed is quite low (60-80 Kb / s, when I have ADSL 10 MB).

I also picked up RUS when it was on sale over the weekend (Thank you, AGEOD! I'm excited to try it out.), but I didn't have any problems downloading it. I'm on ADSL 1.5 MB, and I downloaded it at my maximum 160 kb/s. Maybe the servers were overloaded at the time you tried to d/l it?

As a side note, I just saw that the new website (which looks really nice) has a graphic advertising AJE and offering prizes for order numbers 10, 100, and so forth. What might these prizes be? :D

Sir Garnet

Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:34 am

I purchased RUS earlier and have to say it is a fine game, and playing the Fatal Years mod even better. Not easy to make a good RCW game, but AGEOD certainly managed and the engine serves very well.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:17 am

For what it's worth I too bought RUS yesterday, a clean, easy and seamless experience. Now to find time to play it.

Jim-NC

Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:50 am

DaiMonPaul,

Welcome to the forums. There are several very knowledgeable people for every game, and we are happy to share our knowledge.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DaiMonPaul
Private

Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:53 am

Jim-NC wrote:DaiMonPaul,

Welcome to the forums. There are several very knowledgeable people for every game, and we are happy to share our knowledge.

Thanks for the welcome! I had purchased both AACW and WIA a while ago, but I never really got a chance to play them. After getting RUS, I'm excited to delve into these games and really learn how to play them.

Return to “News from AGEod”