Zap Brannigan

Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:41 pm

Like some of the guys above I would love to see a Thirty Years War game - The AGE system would be a perfect match - lots of potential scenarios.

barbu
Captain

Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:35 am

Me too. :thumbsup:

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:56 am

Great to see this thread. I was losing track of what's going on and wondering what would happen after PoN.

So Ageod is working on a new game and probably a second. Great news.

From what PhilTib says it should be WiA 2.
I'd hoped to see AACW2 instead. Personally I rank it one notch higher all other Ageod games, perhaps it has to with the map, which allows more creativity than for eaxample the one in RUS.

I'll probably buy both games .. but please just keep the old maps, not make them blurry like in PoN!

For the future .. I'd love to see a WW1 game on the AGE engine! 30 years war and Roman period would also be fantastic.

Hohenlohe

Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:41 pm

I personally would accept a game about the Independance War or about the ACW anew...something like WIA2 or AACW2 with more possibilities like before and a new engine...like RUS or even like PON which could now lead to the possibility to get a French-Mexican Scenario too...

greetings

Hohenlohe
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Confederate
Lieutenant

Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:46 am

I'd like one after the War of 1812 ;)

OneArmedMexican
General

Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:29 pm

GlobalExplorer wrote:From what PhilTib says it should be WiA 2.
I'd hoped to see AACW2 instead.

:blink: Where did he say that? All I can find in this thread is his comment that there are some good guesses in it. It appears to be a reference to the previous post which talks about both WiA 2 and ACW 2.

I would be very much surprised to see WiA 2 (or BoA 3 as one might also call it). There is little room for improvement in that game (almost every imaginable scenario has already been done, the game mechanics are well refined).

ACW on the other hand, is the best-selling AGEOD game ever but still leaves a lot of room for improvement. ACW 2 would almost be guaranteed to sell well. It makes far more sense for AGEOD to give ACW a make-over than WiA. Therefore I think we will see ACW 2 not WiA 2. Possibly it could have a larger map to include scenarios along the Mexican border/in Mexico. :neener:

PhilThib

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:03 am

Both wrong....re-read my hints and extrapolate :D

Jarkko
Colonel

Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:23 pm

PhilThib wrote:Code names are usually made to confuse the enemy :mdr: ;)

wrong bet... if they weren't, our project would have been Jefferson or Madison (hint, hint, hint... :thumbsup: )

Thomas Jefferson and James Madison were two of the Founding Fathers in USA. Jefferson was the 3rd president of USA (1801-1809), James Madison was the 4th president of USA (1809-1817). Jefferson and Madison formed the Republican party (also known as Democratic-Republican party) in early 1790's.

James Madison was the Secretary of State when Thomas Jefferson was president. Together these two negotiated and did oversee the purchase of Louisiana from France in 1803.

Jefferson and Madison both distrusted Englan, and they both attempted trade embargoes on England and France (both trade embargos pretty much only hurt USA), and Madison eventually led USA to the War of 1812 (generally mentioned as one of the most stupid acts US presidents have committed; a few years ago it was IIRC chosen by scholars as the 6th most stupid decisson the USA presidents have taken).

After their presidencies both Jefferson and Madison withdrew to their tobacco plantations in Virginia. They both owned hundreds of slaves, and they both did view humans originally from Africa as inferior beings.

Now, assuming a game would have a code-name "Madison" or "Jefferson" and the code-name would *not* attempt confuse the enemy, the game might be about:

1) War of 1812. WIA 3 is prolly not however in the works.

2) Settling Lousiana and Indian Wars. WIA 3 is prolly not however in the works.

3) Founding Fathers and the wars of Independence. WIA 3 is prolly not however in the works.

4) The rise and fall of Republic-Democratic party. The marketing department prolly wouldn't love that title.

5) The luxury life of Tobacco plantage owner or How to exploit slaves. The marketing department prolly wouldn't love that title.

I think I am confused.
There are three kinds of people: Those who can can count and those who can't.

wosung

Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:40 pm

Jarkko wrote:Thomas Jefferson and James Madison were two of the Founding Fathers in USA. Jefferson was the 3rd president of USA (1801-1809), James Madison was the 4th president of USA (1809-1817). Jefferson and Madison formed the Republican party (also known as Democratic-Republican party) in early 1790's.

James Madison was the Secretary of State when Thomas Jefferson was president. Together these two negotiated and did oversee the purchase of Louisiana from France in 1803.

Jefferson and Madison both distrusted Englan, and they both attempted trade embargoes on England and France (both trade embargos pretty much only hurt USA), and Madison eventually led USA to the War of 1812 (generally mentioned as one of the most stupid acts US presidents have committed; a few years ago it was IIRC chosen by scholars as the 6th most stupid decisson the USA presidents have taken).

After their presidencies both Jefferson and Madison withdrew to their tobacco plantations in Virginia. They both owned hundreds of slaves, and they both did view humans originally from Africa as inferior beings.

Now, assuming a game would have a code-name "Madison" or "Jefferson" and the code-name would *not* attempt confuse the enemy, the game might be about:

1) War of 1812. WIA 3 is prolly not however in the works.

2) Settling Lousiana and Indian Wars. WIA 3 is prolly not however in the works.

3) Founding Fathers and the wars of Independence. WIA 3 is prolly not however in the works.

4) The rise and fall of Republic-Democratic party. The marketing department prolly wouldn't love that title.

5) The luxury life of Tobacco plantage owner or How to exploit slaves. The marketing department prolly wouldn't love that title.

I think I am confused.

Hmm, maybe it's like this:

1. Paradox/Ageod project code names nowadays use US presidents.

2. Jefferson and Madison are appropriate Ageod project code names, because they are a) US presidents and b) point to a certain (Napoleonic?) timeframe, but not necessarily to the North American hemisphere.

Regards

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:29 pm

I think there is high chance, 1 of the games will be about "Le Petit Caporal" ;)

For the second game: Sure there is more to improve in ACW but I dont think the second game will be about ACW2. ACW has the possility to sell more with its current,up to date shape, so no need for force new players to choose between the two.
One of the hint that one of the games is designed by players who know the Age engine well. One step forward please ! :D
Second game most probably about the conflicts in American continent. Mexican revolution wars, Colombian Thousand days wars :neener:

PhilThib

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:32 pm

Not much more to wait guys, you'll know by the time of the Paradox Convention next 18th-20th January 2012........or earlier, as hints and leaks might surfaced here and there sooner or later (there should be one today ;) )

beuckelssen

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:39 pm

PhilThib wrote:Not much more to wait guys, you'll know by the time of the Paradox Convention next 18th-20th January 2012........or earlier, as hints and leaks might surfaced here and there sooner or later (there should be one today ;) )

What a teaser!! :blink: :D

The game that I want to see is a proper Pax Romana. I don´t mind if it´s next year or in 2015. But I hope that some day I´ll play an ageod roman game. :coeurs:

ashandresash
Captain

Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Napoleon's Campaigns 2, my guess.

Paradox hints today:

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/HolidayCountdown

- What happened at Notre Dame de Paris at 2nd December 1804?
- What happened on the first anniversary date of that event?
- What did another Bonaparte do on that famous day 47 and 48 years later?

Maybe extended timeline? What about a Grand Campaign? Or including some PON mechanics like diplomacy or economics? Anyway, it'll be awesome a new (and better) AGEOD's napoleonic game :thumbsup:

PhilThib

Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:04 pm

beuckelssen wrote:The game that I want to see is a proper Pax Romana.

What do you mean by proper? The Ageod engine does not support the highly complex mechanics of the Roman politics...took me over 3 years for Pax, and that was never fully completed... :(

If we do an Ancient game, it would be limited to warfare, a bit of production (à la ROP) and simple economics, diplomacy and 'politics' (à la RUS, not a PON-like stuff..) ... Otherwise that would not even be complete by 2015...or 2020 :bonk:

...but that would still be an excellent game :D

And of course, out of question to make a Full Roman Empire campaign game...we heard too much of claims about the 'length' of 70-years's PON, imagine something on a 1,000 years empire :mdr:

wosung

Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:34 pm

Besides plans for next year:

Soon we'll get 1914 - 2014. For sure it will be a big media thing, at least in 'old' Europe (well, if it ... still ... exists at that time. If not, even more so). Wouldn't that be a golden opportunity, after Luca's heroic efforts with WW1, to give la grande guerre an AGE treatment?

But, oth, perhaps there will be a PON scen earlier? Or Paradox launches it with it's Clausewitz engine?

Best regards

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:37 pm

My guess is also Napoleons Campaigns 2. It is the Ageod game with the most potential for growing, the most wanted according to the polls (am I right here actually?) and Jefferson and Madison (see philthibs hints) where both diplomatically connected to France and as political theorists influenced by french philosophers.

Nikel

Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:45 pm

PhilThib wrote:If we do an Ancient game, it would be limited to warfare, a bit of production (à la ROP) and simple economics, diplomacy and 'politics' (à la RUS, not a PON-like stuff..) ... Otherwise that would not even be complete by 2015...or 2020 :bonk:

That will be the 2nd Punic War.

But how will be NCP2? :D

Is there a new map?

Is the same game with a full campaign?

PhilThib

Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:50 pm

wosung wrote:Besides plans for next year:

Soon we've got 1914 - 2014. For sure it will be a big media thing, at least in 'old' Europe (well, if it ... still ... exists at that time. If not, even more so). Wouldn't that be a golden opportunity, after Luca's heroic efforts with WW1, to give la grande guerre an AGE treatment?

But, oth, perhaps there will be a PON scen earlier? Or Paradox launches it with it's Clausewitz engine?

Best regards

To be ready for August 2014, the work should start no later than this summer.. we already have a lot of assets available to create this game (map, graphics, some DB), the only one missing is 'Available Time' from the original team right now or in the coming months due to current work load and plans... :(

So making a WW1 on AGE is entirely feasible - and could be reached in time - if a team of serious and motivated volunteers is ready to take up the deed...

After all, if you consider that RUS was done by indies and, despite the badmouthing of some, well done...this is an entirely legitimate idea :cool:

wosung

Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:17 pm

PhilThib wrote:To be ready for August 2014, the work should start no later than this summer.. we already have a lot of assets available to create this game (map, graphics, some DB), the only one missing is 'Available Time' from the original team right now or in the coming months due to current work load and plans... :(

So making a WW1 on AGE is entirely feasible - and could be reached in time - if a team of serious and motivated volunteers is ready to take up the deed...

After all, if you consider that RUS was done by indies and, despite the badmouthing of some, well done...this is an entirely legitimate idea :cool:

Hmmm.

With "this summer" you mean "should have started no later than this summer." Or "should start no later than next summer?"

With available map you mean the one for Pon? Or the ... "American" one for Project Jefferson/Madision? Problem for WW 1 is either you use a global map and have Northern France being just a tiny place or you use off-map boxes like you did for WW1. Which creates just other problems.

Is anybody interested in (doing) such a project? I'm not a coder myself.

Best regards

Narwhal

Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:07 am

I am still expecting a Bolivarian Independance game. Madison... America... why not ?

PhilThib

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:46 am

wosung wrote:Hmmm.

With "this summer" you mean "should have started no later than this summer." Or "should start no later than next summer?"

the latter... :)

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:43 pm

PhilThib wrote:Both wrong....re-read my hints and extrapolate :D

Now it's definite: will be NCP 2! :thumbsup:
:coeurs:

Matto
Colonel

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:46 pm

Great !!!
Napoleon days in Austerlitz 2011 - photo gallery
My Czech pages agout AGEOD: AGEOD games, RoP AAR - Prussian side
My AGEOD games: WoN, TYW, EAW, CW2, AJE, PoN, NCP, ROP Gold, RUS Gold and BOA2

beuckelssen

Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:07 pm

PhilThib wrote:What do you mean by proper? The Ageod engine does not support the highly complex mechanics of the Roman politics...took me over 3 years for Pax, and that was never fully completed... :(

If we do an Ancient game, it would be limited to warfare, a bit of production (à la ROP) and simple economics, diplomacy and 'politics' (à la RUS, not a PON-like stuff..) ... Otherwise that would not even be complete by 2015...or 2020 :bonk:

And of course, out of question to make a Full Roman Empire campaign game...we heard too much of claims about the 'length' of 70-years's PON, imagine something on a 1,000 years empire :mdr:

I didn´t want to be "disrespectful" with the word proper; but when I think in the great support that ageod gives to all your games, the volunteers, the AARs, all the community... and then compare all this with the case of Pax Romana is a bit frustrating as a player; especially since the roman era is my favorite historic period.

Well I imagine that you kept all that info about the crazy roman politics. Maybe someday you´ll be able to use it again. :coeurs:

But, even without the politic system I would love to play an ancient game made by Ageod; with a lot of original and clever playable mechanics and an almost obsessive care for the detail. :thumbsup:

PhilThib

Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:23 am

beuckelssen wrote:But, even without the politic system I would love to play an ancient game made by Ageod; with a lot of original and clever playable mechanics and an almost obsessive care for the detail. :thumbsup:

Same for me ;) Who knows, something might be coming.... :D

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:39 pm

Clearly NCP2. one just had to read Bohemond's short AAR of the his mod for NCP on the AACW campaign engine to see the potential. This is great.

Now I have one big big wish about it : Make a good map a the proper scale. A good european map at the right scale (ie provinces of the size they have in ROP) would be a great investment, because by separating its components in various overlays (boundaries, fortresses, transport network, flavour coloring and UI, etc..) it would provide the base for many potential games, from 30 years wars, to Louis XIV and Grand Siècle wars, to Revolutions' and Napoleonic wars to 1850-1870 wars of European nationalism all the way to WWI....

If its NCP2 and the scale is right, not EIA style of big stacs, but giving the operational manouvering feel, I will 100% buy it.

Hohenlohe

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:45 pm

I hope for an improved NCP2 based on the experiences of AACW and RUS and those engines... :thumbsup: :coeurs:

greetings

Hohenlohe :coeurs:
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

beuckelssen

Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:01 pm

PhilThib wrote:Same for me ;) Who knows, something might be coming.... :D

I´ll cross my fingers then. :w00t:

caranorn

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:44 pm

veij1 what you wrote there made me think it should be WiE. Wars in Europe, able to simulate a number of conflicts of the 18th and 19th century in Europe...

Though to be honest I fear the map size you propose would be a tough nut for the game engine...
Marc aka Caran...

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:41 am

Hohenlohe wrote:I hope for an improved NCP2 based on the experiences of AACW and RUS and those engines... :thumbsup: :coeurs:

greetings

Hohenlohe :coeurs:

Hohenlohe, I think your wish will be granted. I am guessing, but I see no other way to interpret the clues. But this time, it might cover the whole world, as there were campaigns in Argentina, the US, and India as part of this period, not to mention Napoleon in
Egypt.

Return to “News from AGEod”