Evren

World War One Review in Turkish Site

Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:03 am

I wrote a review on World War One. You can find it here:

http://koltukgenerali.blogspot.com/2009/04/world-war-one-la-grande-guerre.html

Koltukgenerali (which is the direct translation of armchair general to turkish) is a fan based military history and wargaming site, which is something so rare to find in Turkish. Wargaming and military history are not common things in Turkey, and the site doesn't have many members, but some fans check the site from time to time, so i thought it was a good idea to try to attract those who haven't heard of the game or Ageod yet. The founder of the site is a real nice guy and he let me put my review on his site. Apparently he also has ACW and was really interested in this game.

You probably won't understand what's written in the review (guess why ;) ). But i can tell you that it wasn't a very objective review, since i realized how much i like this game while writing about it; so it became kind of an advertisement :D . In short, i wrote about the game mechanics and the main concepts of the game, and i wrote briefly about Ageod and the community here. I guess i'll write a review on ACW later on.

There's also a small community of boardgamers and miniature players in Turkey, but the main interests are Warhammer and 2. World War. I'm also planning to reach them in the near future.

arsan

Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:15 am

We will always have the "turkish to english" google translator ;)
(even if its not very good... :blink: :D )

Game Review: World War One - La Grande Guerre
Author: Evren Demirci

Login

1. World War, although the Turkish and world history may have an effect can not be denied, often in the world of computer games and 2nd War World will see little brother treatment. But at the end of last year by the firm market AGEOD sürülen World War One (or more charismatic with the original name La Grand Guerre), computer game enthusiasts to the Great War, at least until the second one could prove attractive enough to be a challenging game.

As previously released the Birth of America and American Civil War as a game in their respective fields with a large number of fans and fighting game created a respectable position in the market to AGEOD, this time more about the computer game does not have the 1st World War, was selected as the subject. Game of the original, the game developers with AGEOD company is designed by Philippe Thibaut and very successful as a desktop game. Philippe Thibaut, the original game with a desktop and computer games in the world with many fan Universalis'in also the creator of Europa. The computer version of the game, you 'The Great Invasions' game has proven to be independent by the Italian game developer made Camissa Luca...

Makes any sense??
Cheers!

Evren

Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:23 am

Hi Arsan,

Well, you just proved the fact that turkish to english translation of google translator needs much more improvement. :D

And oops, i spelled calvinus' name wrong. :non:

PhilThib

Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:43 am

Bravo and thanks for the review :thumbsup:

I believe Calvinus will forgive you for his name misspelling...but beware, he is not Italian....but Sicilian ;) :mdr:

Gray_Lensman

Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:15 am

deleted

count taaffe
Sergeant

Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:19 pm

Hi Evren!

Evren wrote:
(...) But i can tell you that it wasn't a very objective review, since i realized how much i like this game while writing about it; so it became kind of an advertisement :D . In short, i wrote about the game mechanics and the main concepts of the game, and i wrote briefly about Ageod and the community here. I guess i'll write a review on ACW later on. (...)

The review looks great - and I wholehearty agree with you - I like this game so much too :thumbsup: :coeurs:

+1

calvinus

Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:26 pm

PhilThib wrote:...he is not Italian....but Sicilian ;) :mdr:

YES! :p ouet:

Evren

Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:44 pm

calvinus wrote:YES! :p ouet:

Sorry calvinus :( ,

I hope my small mistakes don't create an international tension between this side of the Mediterranean and the Great Country of Sicily (i didn't know you declared independence, but nevermind :siffle :) .

At least i spoke highly of your game. So are we good again? ;)

Generalisimo

Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:33 pm

PhilThib wrote:Bravo and thanks for the review :thumbsup:

I believe Calvinus will forgive you for his name misspelling...but beware, he is not Italian....but Sicilian ;) :mdr:

[CENTER]Image
Ahhh!!... traitor!!.... a sicilian living in Milan!! :grr: :grr:[/CENTER]

:D
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

Return to “News from AGEod”