Pocus

BoA review @ Bovine conspiracy

Wed May 24, 2006 6:07 pm

I dunno why, but I looove this Matt guy!

http://www.bovineconspiracy.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=234&Itemid=42

9/10... some excerpts:

"Loading up a grand campaign, I was stunned by how fantastic the game map looked. North America is drawn with great beauty in a style not seen in other wargames. The map dynamically changes to represent the current weather."

"Much of the challenge in the game comes from the skillful AI. During my gameplay, the AI was adept at spotting weaknesses in my army. "

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Robin

Thu May 25, 2006 12:03 am

Me too !

:coeurs:
"Le laid ne fera jamais vendre..."
Raymond Loewy (un graphiste français un petit peu plus connu que moi... :sourcil:
Visit my blog : http://nouveaux-horizons.blogspot.com/

Frost716
Private

Thu May 25, 2006 1:23 pm

Very nice review!!...I must agree, the maps/artwork put me over the top to buy this title. I hope you continue to use this style in future titles..so many games of this nature take so little pride on how the maps look...they under estimate how much more it adds to the game.

On a side note..was just at the Fort Oswego Monument and Fort Ontario last weekend..thought about the game while there..oh yeah and the history too.. :niark:

Pocus

Thu May 25, 2006 2:03 pm

Sure, our next project which is about a war where men had rifles and wanted to kill each others (these clues should be sufficient to reduce your guess significatively ;) ) will be handled, from a artistic and graphical standpoint by Robin and Sandra too. The first works they send us are rather astonishing I would say.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Frost716
Private

Thu May 25, 2006 2:40 pm

Good to hear..with the fun and challenging gameplay and the great look I would say you have a very nice team on your hands.

Any thoughts on someday doing an "Age of Rifles" type game?.. which would include a variety of maps, and scenerios from around the same time period as that game. I would love to see some British Campaigns in Africa(Zulus)..Boer War, Afgan, Indian Mutiny, etc..

Robin

Thu May 25, 2006 2:48 pm

Frost716 wrote:Any thoughts on someday doing an "Age of Rifles" type game?.. which would include a variety of maps, and scenerios from around the same time period as that game. I would love to see some British Campaigns in Africa(Zulus)..Boer War, Afgan, Indian Mutiny, etc..

One of my dream.
And notabilly since I can't play with this Norm Koger Masterpiece because of a driver problem with my hardware...
:p leure:
"Le laid ne fera jamais vendre..."

Raymond Loewy (un graphiste français un petit peu plus connu que moi... :sourcil:

Visit my blog : http://nouveaux-horizons.blogspot.com/

Frost716
Private

Thu May 25, 2006 3:15 pm

Same here..I can't run it anymore....loved how it had so many battles/wars that can't be found in other games..and fun to play too. Maybe if you keep pushing that dream it will be a reality someday :) ..this system would be great for something similar but yet different enough to be it's own game..

Return to “News from AGEod”