Hobbes

New WIA Scenario: King Philip's War

Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:21 pm

[ATTACH]20502[/ATTACH]

Hi folks, here is the new scenario for WIA: King Philip's War. Information about the scenario can be found in the AAR here
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?24977-Hobbes-v-Athena-In-Blood-and-Fire

Simply download the KPWFinalv1.0.zip file onto your desktop, right click and choose the extract all option. The folder to extract to should be the
top level directory where you installed the game. For me this is C:\Games\Wars in America.
When installing you should be asked to replace a few files (if you don't get asked this you are probably installing into the wrong directory).
Say yes to all. Please note that this mod will only work if you have the WIA legacy Patch 1.10c or higher installed.

The mod changes the locations of a few minor towns used in other WIA scenarios. The only change is a small graphical relocation of the town within the region.
If you want to change back after playing the scenario just extract the attached KPWOldRegions.zip into the WIA\GameData\Regions directory.

Please let me know if you experience any problems and I will fix ASAP.

Cheers,
Chris
Attachments
KP.jpg
KPWFinalv1.0.zip
(82.38 KiB) Downloaded 688 times
KPWOldRegions.zip
(5.01 KiB) Downloaded 573 times

Hobbes

Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:31 pm

In order to have all models up to date you should also do the following before running the game.

Delete the two cache files.
Then after you click on the AGEOD WIA desktop icon to run the game, hit the F9 key once when you see the AGEOD splash screen.
You should then see Edit Mode On in the top right corner.

Leave the game to load and it will take you straight into the scenario.
After this click save and quit out from the game back to desktop.

After this you can run the game normally.

I don't know why this step is necessary as deleting the cache files should cause the updated models to be loaded (maybe Lodi or Pocus can see a problem or an error I have made?) I noticed that if I didn't do this some of the models would have the wrong colour or graphic.

If you see this Indian unit in red (as below) rather than orange with the wrong graphic showing in Boston then something has gone wrong with your load!

Likewise all Metacom's units should show as light green not orange as below.

I'm sure we can sort out any problems in the next week or so.
Then I can concentrate on a scenario about Aurelian's campaigns for AJE :)

Hope you enjoy!
Cheers,
Chris
Attachments
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard04.jpg
Clipboard03.jpg

lodilefty

Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:08 pm

If you wish, this can be added to next patch...

....just sent the DB files to my email ;)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

homet
Corporal

Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:30 pm

Thanks for posting this new scenario. I just tried installing it (I have installation paths from the Matrix Games version) and have the wrong colors that you pointed out above. Does the scenario still play okay?

Edit-------------------------
I forgot to do the save step after the initial screen after starting up the game in edit mode. When I followed the installation instructions precisely, my installation worked as advertised. Thanks for the detailed installation instructions and pictures!

Hobbes

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:14 pm

Thanks Lodi. If no problems are reported I will send the files to you next weekend.
Thanks for the report homet. Glad to hear that it seems to be working OK. Let me know if you have any problems.

Cheers,
Chris

Carnium

Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:59 am

Thanks for another fantastic scenario Hobbes :thumbsup:

deguerra
Major

Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:32 am

Can't get it to work Hobbes...

If I delete both models.cached and units.cached, the game crashes on load with the error: 2:25:12 PM [Critical ] TListModels.Get Data container for models definitions has some discrepancies, for UID 703

If I leave models.cahed and units.cached intact, the game loads but when I try to load the scenario it crashes with a whole host of error logs.

I still have the Pontiac's War scenario installed as well, so I might go and try a completely clean install.

deguerra
Major

Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:18 am

And back: all good. Must have been something with my install. All working well now (though I did need the edit mode workaround).

I noticed though, Hobbes, that you didn't end up using the 'Puritan' militia model you created here http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?22011-King-Philip-s-War-graphics-help/page2.

Why? I liked them :)

Otherwise, will give this scenario a try now!

Hobbes

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:11 am

Hi Deguerra, you should be seeing those graphics (as in the AAR). Do you have the very latest patch installed?

Cheers,
Chris

Hobbes

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:16 am

Oops - sorry Deguerra, they seem to have been left out of the mod! Thanks very much for spotting this.
I will take a look at fixing today.

Cheers,
Chris

Hobbes

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:27 am

Hi folks, the KPWv2.zip attachment now includes the new Puritan militia model. Please download and follow all instructions above to add.

Thanks again deguerra! :thumbsup:

Chris

deguerra
Major

Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:47 pm

:thumbsup: glad to see them included!

Played the scenario once today as the English without issues. Keen to try the natives.

Thanks for another great scenario!

lodilefty

Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:49 pm

Nice!
AI gave me fits [me=GBR] with the new-soon-to-be-posted patch! ;)

One question: Option to fortify Plymouth shows up even when there is already a fort built. Seems to swallow my EP but build nothing?
Is that a designed-in trap for a sleepy GBR player????? :blink:
Should the Option check for a fort already there?
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Hobbes

Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:01 pm

lodilefty wrote:Nice!
AI gave me fits [me=GBR] with the new-soon-to-be-posted patch! ;)

One question: Option to fortify Plymouth shows up even when there is already a fort built. Seems to swallow my EP but build nothing?
Is that a designed-in trap for a sleepy GBR player????? :blink:
Should the Option check for a fort already there?

I had the same problem a month or two ago and fixed it - at least I thought I had! I'll check and fix again :bonk:

Thanks,
Chris

Hobbes

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi folks, I have updated the first post with a King Philip's War download for use if you have installed the WIA legacy Patch 1.10c or higher.
Any problems please let me know.

Cheers,
Chris

Blackcloud6
Conscript

Re: New WIA Scenario: King Philip's War

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:05 pm

Although I am six years late, thanks for making this scenario. I was wondering why KPW was not in the game. But now it is.

Return to “WIA Mods”