Hobbes

ChangeFixing

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:03 pm

Hi chaps, I want to fix all units that enter an area, I don't know exactly what units they will be.
Is there a way of doing this? I tried various ways but have not had any success.

SelectSubUnits Region $Isle Orleans|Faction $GBR
AlterCuSubUnit ApplyToList|ChangeFixing 1

I assume this last attempt failed as ChangeFixing is a unit rather than element command?

A free beer for anyone that can come up with a method!
Cheers, Chris

lodilefty

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:12 pm

Hobbes wrote:Hi chaps, I want to fix all units that enter an area, I don't know exactly what units they will be.
Is there a way of doing this? I tried various ways but have not had any success.

SelectSubUnits Region $Isle Orleans|Faction $GBR
AlterCuSubUnit ApplyToList|ChangeFixing 1

I assume this last attempt failed as ChangeFixing is a unit rather than element command?

A free beer for anyone that can come up with a method!
Cheers, Chris

I think you need to throw yourself on the mercy of hte Great Squirrel :blink:

hehe, you could always Block the region, so nobody can move in or out, but I suspect that isn't what you want...

Unit commands tend to only operate on specific units....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Hobbes

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:05 am

Thanks Lodi, I doubt there is a way of doing this. What I’m trying to model is the difficulties that the English had navigating the St. Lawrence River in 1690. I thought I could have a small % chance of fixing them for one turn but I can use a small cohesion loss instead. What would be really nice is a naval navigator ability. Certain areas of difficulty like the St. Lawrence could have a high cost to enter but this could be reduced if a naval commander has this ability. The naval commanders don’t seem to have much impact on the game and this would be a really useful ability.

I know it won’t be changed for BoA2 – but maybe for some future game.

Cheers, Chris

lodilefty

Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:42 pm

Hobbes wrote:Thanks Lodi, I doubt there is a way of doing this. What I’m trying to model is the difficulties that the English had navigating the St. Lawrence River in 1690. I thought I could have a small % chance of fixing them for one turn but I can use a small cohesion loss instead. [color="Red"]What would be really nice is a naval navigator ability. Certain areas of difficulty like the St. Lawrence could have a high cost to enter but this could be reduced if a naval commander has this ability.[/color] The naval commanders don’t seem to have much impact on the game and this would be a really useful ability.

I know it won’t be changed for BoA2 – but maybe for some future game.

Cheers, Chris

Doesn't "Seaman" do this?

abi_txt_Seaman
If the commander, provides a 25% move bonus to the whole fleet.

We would have to fiddle around with the terrain a bit too.....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Hobbes

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:23 pm

Hi Lodi, I suppose I was thinking of an attribute that would only be of use in certain hard to navigate areas.
Something like (if CostToEnter > X then speed up by 50% if Navigator)

I want the French to be superior at navigating the St. Lawrence due to their knowledge of the river, but I don’t
want them to have an advantage elsewhere.

Just wishful thinking really – not easy to add to the game. :)
Cheers, Chris

Pocus

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:33 pm

Hi Chris,

I think the command would work, provided you use FactionTags GBR and not Faction GBR :)

AlterCuSubUnit: Syntax is AlterCuSubUnit = [ApplyToList] [;Probability Value] [;Attempts Value] [;Convert NewUID/PrimUpg/SecUpg [ NewName] ] [;ChgSeniority Value] [;ChgHealth ValueInHits] [;ChgCohesion ValueInPts] [;ChgXPLevelValue]']);
Log(['(following on Syntax, AlterCuSubUnit = [;Kill] [;RerollActivation] [;SetFixing Value][;SetParentGroupFixing Value] [;SetHealthPerc Value] [;SetCohesionPerc] [;ChgHealthPerc Value] [;ChgCohesionPerc] [;Move Out/In/RgnUID]']);
Log(['(following on Syntax, AlterCuSubUnit = [;LeaderActive] [;LeaderUnactive] [;SkipAttribs SkipProba Attrib1 Attrib2 ...']);

The command does indeed work on elements/models, but some operations will have an impact on the whole unit, like the fixing... There is no fixing at the element level, but at the unit level it should work.

Also there is this new thingy:
SkipAttribs SkipProba Attrib1 Attrib2 ...

Basically, you declare an attribute on a model '*I_m_a_sailor_ho_ho_ho*' ... and it will 'protects' the unit from loosing much cohesion when caught in a rapid... (which would be an area you test). Could, should, work!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Hobbes

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:08 pm

I_m_a_sailor_ho_ho_ho - this I have to try :)

I will also have to keep an eye on the VIP Modding & AGE Engine Novelties forum! The black arts of the AGEOD engine are not always easy to find.

Thanks Philippe, a lot of interesting stuff here to digest and test out!
Cheers, Chris

Return to “WIA Mods”