Hobbes

Changing Structure Faction

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:18 pm

Hi folks, If I change region control it does not change the control of structures in the region and I am unable to remove certain structures through event - an Indian Village for example.

So a problem is that if a scenario uses scorched earth and a side changes faction it will destroy its own village.

I can place a settlement on the site of the destroyed village - but just thought I would post a note about this small problem. If anyone has a better idea let me know.

Another snag is this chain of events will throw up some quite confusing messages to players.
Thanks, Chris

lodilefty

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:03 pm

Hobbes wrote:Hi folks, If I change region control it does not change the control of structures in the region and I am [color="Red"]unable to remove certain structures through event - an Indian Village for example.[/color]
So a problem is that if a scenario uses scorched earth and a side changes faction it will destroy its own village.

I can place a settlement on the site of the destroyed village - but just thought I would post a note about this small problem. If anyone has a better idea let me know.

Another snag is this chain of events will throw up some quite confusing messages to players.
Thanks, Chris

It is WAD that Indians cannot capture Forts and Cities
If they are not capturing the others when empty, there may be a bug

If you are changing MC via Event, you likely have to remove the structure with FACALL param, then build anew....

Remove Village by event and replace with new structure [note the SelectFaction right after use of FACALL. It is really necessary to do that ;) ]:
[ATTACH]10502[/ATTACH]
Attachments
remove village.jpg
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Hobbes

Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:50 pm

Hi Lodi, this is a surprise to me. I didn't think I would be able to remove a village using the RemoveStructure command. I assumed I wouldn't be able to remove structures that are set up in the Cities_control tab. But I tried it and it works! This is a lot better - and all the odd messages have gone.

The only snag is that there doesn't seem to be a way of adding a new Indian village although I can add a settlement which is fine.

In your example :-

GBR Fort Edward Fort 1 NULL etc works to build a fort but
GBR Fort Edward Village 1 NULL etc will not build an Indian village

This will give :-
=> Unknown keyword at line nnnn Village

The same line using Structure_Settlement instead of Village works OK.

Thanks, Chris

lodilefty

Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:19 pm

Hobbes wrote:Hi Lodi, this is a surprise to me. I didn't think I would be able to remove a village using the RemoveStructure command. I assumed I wouldn't be able to remove structures that are set up in the Cities_control tab. But I tried it and it works! This is a lot better - and all the odd messages have gone.

The only snag is that there doesn't seem to be a way of adding a new Indian village although I can add a settlement which is fine.

In your example :-

GBR Fort Edward Fort 1 NULL etc works to build a fort but
GBR Fort Edward Village 1 NULL etc will not build an Indian village

This will give :-
=> Unknown keyword at line nnnn Village

The same line using Structure_Settlement instead of Village works OK.

Thanks, Chris

Try Structure_Village or Structure_IndianVillage
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Hobbes

Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:13 pm

Hi Lodi, I tried Structure_Village and it works. I wasn't really expecting success with this one.

Many thanks,
Chris

lodilefty

Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:28 pm

Hobbes wrote:Hi Lodi, I tried Structure_Village and it works. I wasn't really expecting success with this one.

Many thanks,
Chris

:D :thumbsup:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “WIA Mods”