lodilefty

Interim update version 3

Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:52 pm

Latest cumulative efforts.
We plan to include these changes in next patch unless serious issues arise ;)

==============================================================================
BOA2 : War in America Interim Update 1.06 ver 3
December 30, 2009
==============================================================================
[color="Red"][SIZE="5"]This update must only be applied to WIA version 1.06[/size][/color]

All changes are cumulative since patch 1.06
Items with * are new in version 3

Fixed: Several German Leaders, and USA Glover had weight = 1. Corrected to Weight = 0
Fixed: Alias for Unit 498 = Henri Bouquet for 1755 series [now is: uni_GBR_Bouquet2]
Fixed: Spanish Army 'Unit Bullet' for on-map display
Fixed: Short name in unit Admiral Rodney was showng as Pigot

Changed: Training Officer no longer needs to command a group to train troops [trains while anywhere in stack, similar to Drill Master]

Map Adjustments
*Changed: Port at region 255 Winooski now accesses only region 748 Lake Champlain - center [used to also access 790 Lac Champlain]
*Changed: Port at region 136 Utanvas now accesses only region 754 Bass Islands [used to also access 753 Lake Erie]
*Changed: Region 136 Utanvas and Region 134 Cedar now have NavalInterdict link to prevent 'port to port' direct movement

Update: added UserInterface.opt for VGN compatibility in future patches
Update: added InCityScape = 1 to all Structure files for future VGN compatibility in patches

Added: Aliases for future CIC ability

1755 Campaign
. Reworked text for replacement events to make it clearer what is arriving.

1775/76 AI Help and Game Balance
. Modified AI-GBR purchase Supply option to test for favorable location [free of enemy troops] prior to purchse
. Reduced Aggression bonus for the Boston Evacuation AI event
. Added War Weariness events to penalize Human GBR vs USA AI games. Events start in 1780: Each turn that a 'Colonies' Region is uncontrolled, GBR loses VP and NM
. Added 'Army in Being'. Starting 1780, every 3 months if USA still has >30 Regular + Elite + Dragoon troops and Washington is alive, GBR loses VP and NM

1775/1776 Campaign
. Changed purchase Supply option locations for USA to owned City in PA. Will then search Middle States only if all PA cities are GBR. Then searches all NewEngland locations only if all Middle States cities are GBR.
. Renamed Elijah Clarke's partisan group from Clark's to Clarke's
. Fixed Marion's Partisan group arrival
. Galvez Forces appear immediately unlocked now
. Reworked replacements: fixed bi-annual Militia repl bug; reduced USA Artillery repl; added USA Supply replacements; removed USA Skirmisher repl [no units use this family]
. Reworked text for replacement events to make it clearer what is arriving.
. Fixed Admiral Rowley arrival event to remove 33% chance to arrive in a landlocked region.
* Added replacements events for USA Skirmishers [Riflemen] and USA Light Infantry. {Light Infantry is low probability}
* Inconsistency of family type between Model and Unit corrected for Light Infantry and Riflemen. {Riflemen are now $famSkirmisher, Light Infantry are now all $famLightInf}{Light Infantry also become subtype $Regular}
* Added National Morale boost to USA when France gets involved. Bonuses at announcement of Alliance, Declaration of war, and shortly after French troops arrive. Boost given only if USA Morale is < British Morale.

1812 Campaign
* Inconsistency of family type and subtype between Model and Unit corrected for many units and models. Replacements adjusted accordingly.
* Reworked text for replacement events to make it clearer what is arriving.
* Added General Robert Ross to the Chesapeake Expedition in 1814
* For AI: Helper event for 1814 Chesapeake Expedition and 1814 New Orleans Expedition
* Randomized date of Napoleon's exile to Elba and tied massive 1814 GBR reinforcements to the exile.
* Randomized Napolen's return and the subsequent removal of GBR replacements.
* ING faction Tecumseh and Brandt Units and Models added
* Resolved duplicate Unit definitions for Voltigeurs [uni_GBR_1812Lit3]
* Unblocked Gibraltar to allow another GBR port for refit. Increased strength of Gibraltar garrison.
* Revised "Americans in Canada" event to count Militi in addition to Regulars at Richelieu
* Added 'garrison' Indian Tribes to villages. Removed several villages in South
* Added depots at Detroit, St. Augustine, FL and York, Canada
* Strengthened Amherstburg Garrison [GBR] and Mobile Garrison [GBR/SPA]
* Reduced most USA depots to level 1; Reduced Montreal Epot to level 1

Pontiac's War
* Unit and Model added for J. Campbell
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Introduction of the 1755 "Colonial Faction", with 3 new scenarios [duplicates of existing FIW scenarios/campaign]:

== GBR Provincials and Militia are now a Sub-faction, with Command Penalties applied if in a stack without leaders of same faction or with the "Colonial" command ability [Similar penalty to USA/FRA/SPA or GBR/GER in 1775/76]

Fixed: Nova Scotia Militia is now COL faction [was still GBR]
Fixed: Kings Royal Rifle Corps [60th Royal Americans] should be GBR Regular. Attempt to create COL version caused error.

1755 Campaign - COL faction
. Rework of scenario using new COL faction for the British Provincials and Militia
. Added AutoGarrison commands

1756 Montcalm
. Rework of scenario using new COL faction for the British Provincials and Militia

1759 Annus Mirabilis Colonial
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

File size 735,101 bytes
Unzip directly into your Wars in America folder.
Several files and directories will be overwritten.
JSGME format compatible.

Compatibity with saved games is questionable:
several events are rewritten and may conflict with prior version saved games.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Hobbes

Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:09 pm

Great stuff Lodi - and thanks for adding the correct Campbell.

Chris

arsan

Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Cool! Thanks! :thumbsup:
It seems i should try the 1812 campaign one of this days to enjoy all the new tweaks ;) :D

Cheers!

lodilefty

Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:14 pm

arsan wrote:Cool! Thanks! :thumbsup:
It seems i should try the 1812 campaign one of this days to enjoy all the new tweaks ;) :D

Cheers!

I ran thru 1812 before most of these changes: Hobbes was right! GBR was way beyond difficult! Athena handed me various pieces of my anatomy! :blink:

Just started a new game as GBR: a bit better, but I'm in trouble already!!! :wacko:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Carnium

Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:23 pm

Great work Lodi :thumbsup:
Will test if a LOT when my current PBEM game with Hobbes is finished.
Or should I say when I lose yet another PBEM game :D

Carnium

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:15 am

Playing 1775-1783: The Whites of their eyes scenario as the British against the American AI and after 20 turns on default settings with a little detection bonus for the AI, I must say that the improvements are working great as the AI is WAY more aggressive than it used to be (=I am used to see it) and they are moving the forces really well. They even attacked Canada two times in 20 turns :thumbsup:
However there are three things that I am not sure if they are WAD or simply bugs:
- American AI tends to attack the unactivated Northern and Southern tribes A LOT. Why are these settlements so interesting for the AI anyway?
- in December 1775 I had amnesty for soldiers Middle States and South Central declared but I have 100% not chosen those options as I was working on equipping the natives (screen attached)
- In August 1776 I had the event Another British contingent lands in the North and they.... landed in FLORIDA (screen attached)
Attachments
North.jpg
Amnesty.jpg

lodilefty

Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:44 pm

Carnium wrote:Playing 1775-1783: The Whites of their eyes scenario as the British against the American AI and after 20 turns on default settings with a little detection bonus for the AI, I must say that the improvements are working great as the AI is WAY more aggressive than it used to be (=I am used to see it) and they are moving the forces really well. They even attacked Canada two times in 20 turns :thumbsup:
However there are three things that I am not sure if they are WAD or simply bugs:
- American AI tends to attack the unactivated Northern and Southern tribes A LOT. Why are these settlements so interesting for the AI anyway?
- in December 1775 I had amnesty for soldiers Middle States and South Central declared but I have 100% not chosen those options as I was working on equipping the natives (screen attached)
- In August 1776 I had the event Another British contingent lands in the North and they.... landed in FLORIDA (screen attached)

= I think the AI sees the Indians as 'easy pickins' and is dealing with the 'Indian Problem' :blink:
= I see nothing obvious in the code on these options. Can you post a saved game please? :confused:
= We added me extra landing sites to the random list. The text is too specific. Will examine best fix! Thank you! :thumbsup:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Carnium

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:32 pm

lodilefty wrote:= I think the AI sees the Indians as 'easy pickins' and is dealing with the 'Indian Problem' :blink:
= I see nothing obvious in the code on these options. Can you post a saved game please? :confused:
= We added me extra landing sites to the random list. The text is too specific. Will examine best fix! Thank you! :thumbsup:

- Indians are trully easy picks but this way the British side gets a lot of them which is not good for the American AI in the long term.
- hm, I am way past this events. Sorry no saved games for this ...for now :bonk:
- just a text that Another British contingent lands in the North America would do the trick :D

Carnium

Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:15 am

Another little bug, thius time with Banastre Tarleton who is shown as Provincial commander (in orange), but if you look at his unit he is shown as British commander (in red). Best option would be to make him a British commander with Anglo-Colonial commander trait.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banastre_Tarleton
Attachments
Tarleton.jpg

PhilThib

Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:51 am

It's not a bug...he is British but in a combined unit with a colonial unit, so he takes the color of the arrached unit :cool:

Pocus

Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:37 pm

arrached, ouch it must hurt :neener:

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Carnium

Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:17 am

PhilThib wrote:It's not a bug...he is British but in a combined unit with a colonial unit, so he takes the color of the arrached unit :cool:

Thanks, it really works as designed as he has no penalties when leading British and Colonial units.
Here is something that has caught my attention yesterday.
An US artillery unit in French West Indies. It seems that the unit was automatically deployed there upon the purchase, but the French are not yet in war and the unit is kinda trapped there.
See attached picture for details.
Attachments
Vacation in French West Indies.jpg

lodilefty

Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:16 pm

Carnium wrote:Thanks, it really works as designed as he has no penalties when leading British and Colonial units.
Here is something that has caught my attention yesterday.
An US artillery unit in French West Indies. It seems that the unit was automatically deployed there upon the purchase, but the French are not yet in war and the unit is kinda trapped there.
See attached picture for details.

Wierd! :confused:
That unit is supposed to arrive there with the French Alliance event, but the region is scripted to unblock in the same event! [not new to this update - it's been that way all along!!]

Do you have a save of the turn when French Alliance was announced? :)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Carnium

Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:02 pm

lodilefty wrote:Do you have a save of the turn when French Alliance was announced? :)

Not sure if it has even fired yet. The foreign intervention is at 100% and it probably should. Maybe I have missed it somehow.
I will zip my savegame in a few hours and you can take a look if you wish.

**** EDIT ***
Savegame here:
http://www.filefront.com/15358503/1775-Campaign0.7z/
OR
http://www.zshare.net/download/71243140aa337462/

lodilefty

Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:17 pm

Carnium wrote:Not sure if it has even fired yet. The foreign intervention is at 100% and it probably should. Maybe I have missed it somehow.
I will zip my savegame in a few hours and you can take a look if you wish.

**** EDIT ***
Savegame here:
http://www.filefront.com/15358503/1775-Campaign0.7z/
OR
http://www.zshare.net/download/71243140aa337462/

Thanks, I'll look at this. :D

Note: the event to notify GBR of the French Alliance is bugged! That could be why you never saw it! Will fix! :blink:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Carnium

Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:52 pm

lodilefty wrote:Thanks, I'll look at this. :D

Note: the event to notify GBR of the French Alliance is bugged! That could be why you never saw it! Will fix! :blink:

Thanks Lodi :thumbsup:
Saved game has a lot of previous turns in it and removed the replays to cut on size.

This bug might explain why I am doing so well in my campaign :D

lodilefty

Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:05 pm

Carnium wrote:Thanks Lodi :thumbsup:
Saved game has a lot of previous turns in it and removed the replays to cut on size.

This bug might explain why I am doing so well in my campaign :D

Nah, the bug was only in an event that gives GBR the message.

...I backed up to the turn you noted, and FWI is unblocked!!!!! :blink: :confused:

ARGH! It only indicates you were trying to move a stack there and at least one unit is incapable of making the trip!!! No bug!

Now, to help Athena get that unit 'off holiday' :w00t:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Carnium

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:39 pm

lodilefty wrote:Nah, the bug was only in an event that gives GBR the message.

...I backed up to the turn you noted, and FWI is unblocked!!!!! :blink: :confused:

ARGH! It only indicates you were trying to move a stack there and at least one unit is incapable of making the trip!!! No bug!

Now, to help Athena get that unit 'off holiday' :w00t:

Ewww :bonk:
How do I get that unit off holiday, by playing one turn as the Americans?

lodilefty

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:42 pm

Carnium wrote:Ewww :bonk:
How do I get that unit off holiday, by playing one turn as the Americans?

You can ty that, but getting transport there and back will take longer than 1 turn.... and you must be sure it's "landed" before you switch back. :(

If it was me, I'd ignore it... :blink:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

squarian
Brigadier General

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:47 pm

Any way to easily check whether interim patch 3 is applied correctly? A file I could check or something? When unzipped to Wars in America folder, I ended up with a separate "Interim" folder with its own WIA subfolder, etc. Copy-Pasted that over the original, but I'm still wondering. TIA.

arsan

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:32 pm

Hi!
For example, you can check on
C:\Program files\Wars in America\WIA\Events
And look for the 1776 Campaign.sct file
If its time stamp is form December 30 2009 you are good to go! :thumbsup:

lodilefty

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:01 pm

squarian wrote:Any way to easily check whether interim patch 3 is applied correctly? A file I could check or something? When unzipped to Wars in America folder, I ended up with a separate "Interim" folder with its own WIA subfolder, etc. Copy-Pasted that over the original, but I'm still wondering. TIA.

We could supply the updates as "install executble" files similar to patches.
Then you don't woory about unzipping to wrong location... :(

...easy to supply both ways actually. :w00t:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:42 pm

squarian wrote:Any way to easily check whether interim patch 3 is applied correctly? A file I could check or something? When unzipped to Wars in America folder, I ended up with a separate "Interim" folder with its own WIA subfolder, etc. Copy-Pasted that over the original, but I'm still wondering. TIA.

Arrgh! You're right, the zip was prepared incorrectly! :bonk: :o

First post contains corrected format to install. Otherwise, content is same! :D
[CENTER][/CENTER]

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:43 am

Tarleton was a nasty bloke who got what he deserved!!! t

squarian
Brigadier General

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:40 pm

Must be a typo, tagwyn - I'm sure you meant to say "a dedicated officer who loyally did his duty to King and country".

:D

SlyBelle
Corporal

Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:45 am

I just picked up WIA and was wondering if it was recommended and safe to install the latest interim patch. Also, any timetable when the next "official" patch would be available? I prefer to use the official versions versus beta, unless we are a long time away from official release.

Thanks!

Rafiki

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:54 am

The intererim patches from Lodilefty are as official as they can be, short of coming from Pocus' own workstation. You can safely install it :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Return to “WIA Mods”