Sun May 31, 2009 4:36 am

Hello,

If you find an event not working, do you have to rebuild all:

Setup.csv --> script.ini
event.csv --> event.sct
ciities.csv --> cities.inc
additional events.csv --> additional.sct

resave main .scn file

Or, can you just fix the additional events and replace the additional.sct in the event directory. Since the additional events are included as part of the events.csv.

I guess what I am asking is can you fix as you go so you can just test events.

Primasprit

Sun May 31, 2009 9:38 am

Hi paw1776!

You don't need to rebuild the scenario file if you change one of the event-files.
You need to rebuild the scenario if you change one of the files which are included in the scenario (for example the cities.inc).

Cheers
Norbert

paw1776
Captain

Sun May 31, 2009 10:06 am

Primasprit,

So, that means I do not have to resave the .scn file as long as I don't change the 3 main files. Setup, Events, cities.

That is good!

I will try tonight. I am putting most of my non static events in different includes which are referenced in the main events.

Thx!

Primasprit

Sun May 31, 2009 10:15 am

You can change everything you find in the "Events"-folder without rebuilding the scenario.
If you change anything which is in the "Includes" folder you need to rebuild the scenario.

Cheers
Norbert :cwboy:

lodilefty

Sun May 31, 2009 12:07 pm

In fact, to debug, I've directly edited the targeted xxx.sct files with a text editor.

You don't even have to exit the game! Just back up one turn [or whatever is needed to get to 'prior' to event firing] and rerun the turn to test event. Even the 'main' scenario event can be tested this way, as the event [sct] files are reread every turn. I've even added a new 'referenced' sct file this way!

When set, I then edit the xls Event tab, resave just that tab as csv, split and test again one last time....

Saves beaucoup time :D
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

paw1776
Captain

Sun May 31, 2009 10:09 pm

Thx!

Return to “WIA Mods”