paw1776
Captain

CreateStruc

Sun May 17, 2009 10:53 pm

Hello,

I am getting an error in my Event. Pretty sure it is CreateStruc as I did not understand:

CreateStruc
[INDENT]SetType = StructureAlias
SetLevel = StructureLevel
SetName = Name[/INDENT]

Here is my code:
See .jpg
Attachments
CreateStruc.JPG

Gray_Lensman

Mon May 18, 2009 4:02 am

This one I can't help you on... It's brand new and I don't believe it's used at all in AACW. Maybe Pocus will help out if he notices this thread.

lodilefty

Mon May 18, 2009 12:23 pm

Are you tryting to 'build' a city after the start of scenario?

Try same syntax as Fort or Depot from any scenario setup or event....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

paw1776
Captain

Tue May 19, 2009 6:16 am

Lodi,

I understand how I get a Structure_Stockade, Structure_Settlement, or Fort or Depot.

So I will try City and see if it works.

Thx!

Pocus

Tue May 19, 2009 9:18 am

CreateStruc is there since BOA1, as there are structures since the origin of the engine :) just check a cities.inc and you'll see the syntax that CSVSplitter generated:

CreateStruc
SetType = $City
SetName = New York City
SetLevel = 20
Apply
CreateStruc
SetType = $Port
SetName = _genName
SetLevel = 20
Apply

(each line translates to a line in the XLS file... what is after = go in the param0 column)

As for your second question (in PM but I reply there so that everyone can benefit from it), you can change the level of a structure, but the cost in settlers is not integrated in the command, as for now the AGE engine is not geared toward a civ-like style of game -(this would be feasible easily if you had access to the VGN code :) ).

So you need to have an event checking in some regions of interest (the settlement locations...) if there is 4 settlers units (you can do a selection on the number of elements of a particular type). Then if the condition is met, you can change the level of the settlement with that

ChangeStrucLevel = <SelectionType Value>;<LevelChange>

if you want to select a 'settlement' then selection type can be by alias so use the literal value 'ByDefUID' and then the UID of the settlement as in the structures folder.

If not clear, Lodilefty got some explanations about that some days ago iirc.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “WIA Mods”