Hobbes

UID problem

Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:02 pm

Hi chaps, the problem I have at the moment has stumped me for hours.

I keep getting the error :-

TListModels.GetData container for models definitions has some discrepancies, for UID 556.

This pops up before a log is made. I have deleted the 556 model and pasted the one after that into the 556 position and still get the same error.

I know it must be something daft but I can't see anything wrong here. I suppose I will have to start all my models again one by one after 555 to see what happens but if anyone has any idea of what might cause this please let me know!

Also, can anyone tell me how I renumber the UID when using Open Office? If I delete a row all the UID's after this become invalid with #REF! This isn't causing my problem (I think) as I get around it with delete, copy and paste and all the numbers are in sequence but it would be good to know.

Thanks, Chris
P.S. I uploaded the files I'm using - maybe someone can see the error?
I'm sure it will be embarrasingly obvious!
Attachments

[The extension xls has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

lodilefty

Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:27 pm

Neither side in you scenario has faction [color="Red"]INF[/color] assigned...

In line 39 of the Setup tab, you must state GBR|[color="red"]INF[/color] [not ING]...

...or, change the faction tag on model 556 and unit 645 to [color="red"]ING[/color]

...or use GBR|ING|INF to be safe. Just remember, a Faction can't be used by both sides...

Models/units factions should be consistent, or wierd things happen. I believe that a major error occurs when a 'SubFaction' is simply not defined or is defined incorrectly in the Setup [or event] as you are seeing...

Also, I'm not sure, but the Movetype for model 555 may need to be $Wheeled [that might be restricted in the code].
I actually looked there first, because often you will get an error for '556' when the problem is in '555'. Wierd, dunno why.

As for correcting the UID formula? You got it. Copy the formula from the last 'good' cell down until everything looks sequential...
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Hobbes

Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:48 pm

Thanks Lodi, it seems then it's the INF in the model nation tag that has caused the problem. I'll try this out and let you know how I get on.

:coeurs:

Chris
P.S. Pocus did tell me how to renumber the UID's in XL a few months ago for something else but I've lost the email - and not sure if the same thing would work for OO.

Hobbes

Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:46 pm

I've tried everything and I still get the same error. There were a few oddities with IND/INF etc due to a change I had made but all seem fixed now.

The movetype for 555 has been $Medfoot for some time without problem so I doubt that is it.

I've not had much chance to have a good look. Hopefully this weekend I will.
I'll just have to build them up from scratch I think if I can get it to load again.

I probably made too many models so I don't know which one has caused the problem. I see nothing wrong with 555 or 556 now.

There is no restriction on INF/IND or ING being with GBR I assume?

Cheers, Chris
Attachments

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:08 pm

As for correcting the UID formula? You got it. Copy the formula from the last 'good' cell down until everything looks sequential...

Working over NCP DB EXL files it happened me too to loose the proper UID sequence...... Usually it was sufficient to digit the proper next sequence number in place of the first UID cell reporting question marks or error notification and press execute to see all UIDs assuming correct numbers..... at worst you have to manually digit proper numbers in few wrong UID cells at very bottom of the EXL file.

BTW, I notice You are quoting and working over WiA EXL files, probably from WiA DB.... How and where did you get them?
Ney: The army will not move!
Napoleon: The army will obey me!
Ney: The army will obey to its Generals’ orders!

[SIZE="1"]Fontainebleau, April 1814[/size]

Hobbes

Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:28 pm

jastaV wrote:As for correcting the UID formula? You got it. Copy the formula from the last 'good' cell down until everything looks sequential...

Working over NCP DB EXL files it happened me too to loose the proper UID sequence...... Usually it was sufficient to digit the proper next sequence number in place of the first UID cell reporting question marks or error notification and press execute to see all UIDs assuming correct numbers..... at worst you have to manually digit proper numbers in few wrong UID cells at very bottom of the EXL file.

BTW, I notice You are quoting and working over WiA EXL files, probably from WiA DB.... How and where did you get them?

Philippe told me this for EXL :-

Select two cells with UID, then put the mouse at the bottom right of the lower cell. You should see a kind of handle appears, take it and without releasing it, extend the selection downward. Excel should "re-renumerate" intelligently the cells.

Doesn't seem to work for OO but I do see a sort of handle.

The DB for WiA I thought would be released by now. Should be soon I imagine?

Cheers, Chris

lodilefty

Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:33 am

Hobbes wrote:I've tried everything and I still get the same error. There were a few oddities with IND/INF etc due to a change I had made but all seem fixed now.

The movetype for 555 has been $Medfoot for some time without problem so I doubt that is it.

I've not had much chance to have a good look. Hopefully this weekend I will.
I'll just have to build them up from scratch I think if I can get it to load again.

I probably made too many models so I don't know which one has caused the problem. I see nothing wrong with 555 or 556 now.

There is no restriction on INF/IND or ING being with GBR I assume?

Cheers, Chris

Actually, I discovered something today abouut 'NativeTags'. [while fixing Galvez] ;)
Try changing the INF/IND to ING for anything in the GBR-led factions.
Similarly, INF for any French factions.
..and IND for any in the USA faction....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Hobbes

Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:31 am

lodilefty wrote:Actually, I discovered something today abouut 'NativeTags'. [while fixing Galvez] ;)
Try changing the INF/IND to ING for anything in the GBR-led factions.
Similarly, INF for any French factions.
..and IND for any in the USA faction....

Lodi, are you saying that maybe INF doesn't work under GBR? (It means Indian - (F)rench then I'm assuming).

If this is the case it may be the cause of my problem. I changed all the Indian units under GBR from ING to INF when I started to get the problem. But I did this as there were some models I needed that were available only under INF.

I miss Pocus popping up with the answers every few minutes. I might send you his Christmas present this year :) I would certainly like to buy you a pint if this solves the problem Steve!

Cheers, Chris

lodilefty

Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:10 am

:D

So make new models!!!! Just make them ING ;)

Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, or a really good Brandy :w00t:
[kidding - not sure what import laws we'd encounter :blink: ]
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Hobbes

Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:58 pm

Yes! I've finally understood what is going on. I thought it would be something dumb on my part. I was overwriting the files in the model directory but if you change the model name you get 2 versions with the same UID! I just thought I had made a mistake on the spreadsheet so I didn't think about this. :bonk:

Thanks for all the help, after nearly a week I can make progress again.

Chris

Return to “WIA Mods”