arsan

Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:03 pm

Mmmm... i would say yes, more or less ;)
Specially the first one: Wilderness terrain, a French group of Indians and irregulars (nearly as big as the opposition) and with excellent leaders lying in ambush against and incoming british regular force low on cohesiona dn with bad leaders... i bet they woudl get whipped on WIA as they were on history. :wacko:
Probably on the game the battle loses will be more evenly matched but if you take into account the hits the British will sustain while retiring... :thumbsup:
Cheers!

Carnium

Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:38 am

I am still playing The American Revolution scenario and to my surprise this happened Image

My foreign involvement was -6 and I was winning the war by a HUGE margin as the USA only had Pittsburgh.
So France and Spain entered the war nevertheless and all the Spanish possessions were still non activated i.e. blacked out as before.

This must be a bug :blink:

lodilefty

Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:51 am

Carnium wrote:I am still playing The American Revolution scenario and to my surprise this happened Image

My foreign involvement was -6 and I was winning the war by a HUGE margin as the USA only had Pittsburgh.
So France and Spain entered the war nevertheless and all the Spanish possessions were still non activated i.e. blacked out as before.

This must be a bug :blink:

It's the way the event is written: Must enter January 1782.
That's WAD :blink:

..but I agree it's not a good WAD. :( :bonk:

Let us look at what we can do.... :w00t:

Also, please take a look at the AI save game [click on the icon in Load Game] and tell us if the American FE is also -6

I think the GBR FE display is bugged [but upcoming patch is fixed], but it doesn't sound like USA FE should be high enough for this to occur.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Carnium

Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:41 am

lodilefty wrote:
Also, please take a look at the AI save game [click on the icon in Load Game] and tell us if the American FE is also -6

I think the GBR FE display is bugged [but upcoming patch is fixed], but it doesn't sound like USA FE should be high enough for this to occur.

Here is the same situation from the other side.I checked the saves back to October 1781 and USA had intervention level set at 100%.
The Spanish possessions are,as you can see, still "blacked out". Do the Spanish never really enter the war even if the message tells you they do ?

lodilefty

Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:05 pm

OK, so it's WAD, since FE reached 100 [the GBR value display is fixed for upcoming patch 1.05]

Spanish regions and troops will unlock 12 months later.

We still need to study the history 'what if?":

What if the USA did very poorly [essentially what you see]?
Would the political climate in Europe have led France and Spain to declare war anyway?
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Carnium

Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:31 pm

lodilefty wrote:OK, so it's WAD, since FE reached 100 [the GBR value display is fixed for upcoming patch 1.05]

Spanish regions and troops will unlock 12 months later.

We still need to study the history 'what if?":

What if the USA did very poorly [essentially what you see]?
Would the political climate in Europe have led France and Spain to declare war anyway?

How come they managed to reach a 100 FE if they were losing on all fronts and I was also using the options to hinder Benjamin Franklin activities in Europe ?
Also they had FE at 100 in October till January (I have no later saves).Is it possible that the US FE is bugged too ?
My opinion is that French and Spanish would not risk the war for a losing side.After all the French wanted to cooperate and support the rebels and not fight the war on their own.
Game play wise this is a hard decision as maybe it would be fair for the US side to get some help via foreign intervention if they just hold long enough.
Maybe a condition where US MUST hold a big and important port would be required too as in my game the French army was disembarked ... in the southern swamps (see my second picture for this move) :D
What do you (and others think) ?

lodilefty

Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:05 pm

Carnium wrote:How come they managed to reach a 100 FE if they were losing on all fronts and I was also using the options to hinder Benjamin Franklin activities in Europe ?
Also they had FE at 100 in October till January (I have no later saves).Is it possible that the US FE is bugged too ?
My opinion is that French and Spanish would not risk the war for a losing side.After all the French wanted to cooperate and support the rebels and not fight the war on their own.
Game play wise this is a hard decision as maybe it would be fair for the US side to get some help via foreign intervention if they just hold long enough.
Maybe a condition where US MUST hold a big and important port would be required too as in my game the French army was disembarked ... in the southern swamps (see my second picture for this move) :D
What do you (and others think) ?

There are many other "built in" FE gains for USA, so no, I don't think it's bugged. :blink:

What happens though, is after FE=100 you get 'French Alliance', which starts a series of probability 'dice rolls' for the French to 'enter' [declare war]. These dice rolls are heavily modified by GBR control of the 4 'colonies' areas [New England, Middle States, South Central, Southern]. Control is via GBR ownership of Objectives and strategic cities.

IIRC, the French were 'looking for any excuse' to get into another North American war with GBR, to get the fur trade back...
The Spanish would only 'follow along' if the French actually went to war...

So, in the game, with Franklin simply getting to Europe, the French can still join an Alliance, but not declare war! Sort of a middle ground, where some supplies etc. get sent, but no troops or fleets.

..and, all of this is easily moddable, which we can do together... :w00t:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Carnium

Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:19 pm

lodilefty wrote:IIRC, the French were 'looking for any excuse' to get into another North American war with GBR, to get the fur trade back...
The Spanish would only 'follow along' if the French actually went to war...

So, in the game, with Franklin simply getting to Europe, the French can still join an Alliance, but not declare war! Sort of a middle ground, where some supplies etc. get sent, but no troops or fleets.

..and, all of this is easily moddable, which we can do together... :w00t:

True. And it is nice to have some French troops in the game after all.
Maybe it would work ok if the US side would automatic get some extra FE at the end of every year that they hold out. So the British side would have to act swiftly and avoid long war in order to prevent French intervention and then the FE would be less scripted. That also reminds me that I haven't seen any US-French alliance message as the British side.
Any chance for the US side to be able to "buy" French supplies and other help like volunteers ?
Your suggestion is great.. as long as you do the modding and I do the testing :D
Any ETA on the new patch/community mod ?

squarian
Brigadier General

Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:53 am

Is there something wrong with the mod attachment here on the first page? Clicking on it, in either Firefox or IE8, all I get is a blank webpage with the following address:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6132&d=1234877921

Right-clicking to save file/target just gets me a gif image of the link.

:confused:

Ebbingford

Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:17 am

squarian wrote:Is there something wrong with the mod attachment here on the first page? Clicking on it, in either Firefox or IE8, all I get is a blank webpage with the following address:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6132&d=1234877921

Right-clicking to save file/target just gets me a gif image of the link.

:confused:

Teething problems with the new server I suspect, hopefully it will all be sorted soon.

squarian
Brigadier General

Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Ebbingford wrote:Teething problems with the new server I suspect, hopefully it will all be sorted soon.

Seems likely, yes. In the meantime, does anyone want to send me the zip file? Please! PM me and I'll get you an address. Just d/ld WIA - champing at the bit, y'see.

:w00t:

lodilefty

Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:04 pm

squarian wrote:Seems likely, yes. In the meantime, does anyone want to send me the zip file? Please! PM me and I'll get you an address. Just d/ld WIA - champing at the bit, y'see.

:w00t:

Link in first post is working for me now! :D
[CENTER][/CENTER]

squarian
Brigadier General

Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:39 pm

lodilefty wrote:Link in first post is working for me now! :D

Me too, now. :thumbsup:

lodilefty

Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:28 pm

Community mod [and it's offspring ;) ]now included in patch 1.05 :D
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “WIA Mods”