JadeKing
Lieutenant

Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:52 am

[color="Red"][SIZE="6"]July 1813[/size][/color]

[color="red"][SIZE="4"]The West[/size][/color]

Brock’s small force was not successful at evading Hulls army:

My regular infantry unit was wiped out, while the artillery and supply wagons were captured by Hull. Just to make things worse, Brock got injured and is now resting in Ft. Dover for three turns :cuit:
With his defeat I have no option but sending the rest of my units in York to Kingston. Hopefully I can build a strong army here that can stop any further advance from Chris.

The troops I sent to Kingston earlier, should begin to receive replacements now. I got a whole lot of fresh recruits as I haven’t realy been able to use them before:

Dearborn’s army finally took Ft. Eire:

[color="red"][SIZE="4"]The East[/size][/color]

Pike attacked my army at Ft. Ticonderoga, but it wasn’t the great victory I hoped for :(

It was very even, but they retreated before I could really deal out some damage.

His attack has made me change my plans in this theatre, as their might be a little hope of totally destroying their army the next couple of turns.
I expect Chris to send the army south to Albany to recover their wounds, as they must suffer from very low cohesion after this battle. With a depot in the city, they are also capable of recovering strength looses. So I really want to stop them from reaching the city, and defeat them now, so I can end the war in the east.

My plan is to use John Brant along with my irregulars to delay Pike using small Feint attacks. He should be able to reach the region south of me, before Pike moves away. Prevost will follow with another probe attack, with the same goal of delaying their movement and inflecting cohesion damage. DeRottenburg will then move east, along the very fine roads that have been built here, and move into Albany. It will take him 34 days, but if my attacks from Brant and Prevost succeed, he might be able to get here before Pike.
Rialls force is ordered to join Prevost, but they won’t be able to reach them this turn I’m afraid. Tecumseh is sent to take command instead of Riall as he is a fast mover, and might speed things up.

My highlander in Quebec is sent by ships to St John. The other highlander unit in Halifax also begins a voyage to join the front. I got my main fleet from London up here, so all the units I get from engagement points, are going to be sent to Quebec now. But I still lack transport capacity, so I can only send one unit a time which is very frustrating :grr:

Thank goodness we don't understand the language of ravens, jackdaws, crickets, frogs, and pigs. Otherwise we'd probably worry about what they think too. Yet how many people seem more brainless than the frogs and jackdaws? Does that make any difference to us? No. We let what they say upset us and render our lives utterly miserable.
Dio Chrysostom

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:27 pm

[color="Red"][SIZE="6"]August 1813[/size][/color]

[SIZE="4"][color="red"]The West:[/color][/size]

Chris finally seems to have begun a large offensive in this area. He easily took Amherstburg and Port Talbot along with undefended York. But that was to be expected so it doesn’t disturb me that much :siffle:

My troops are finally getting some rest in Kingston, so I can begin building a new strong army in this region. My current force already has a power rating of 235, but it stills needs to be stronger if I am to resist a US offensive.

Brock and the militia at Ft. Dover are placed outside the city, so they have a chance to retreat when engaged. It is very important to get Brock back in command of one of my armies, as he is the best I got!

[color="red"][SIZE="4"]The East:[/size][/color]

My little manoeuvre to destroy Pikes army failed, and It really got no chance of being succesful as their force is just too powerful:

Beside this army they have a force in Albany with 129 power rating. So I have to abort any hope of taking this city in the near future. They are simply much superior to me, and I just hope they can’t see how weak Prevosts army really is. Its power rating has dwindled to 23, after the strength and cohesion damage they have taken through their last actions. So I will try and get them back to Plattsburg, where I will build a depot with my Bateaux ships, and begin gaining renewed strength.
Rialls force is already located here, and the highlanders at Saint John are also sent here. I need all the men can get to defend this city!!

I would have liked to send DeRottenburg west towards Ft. Niagara, to surprise the US forces. But with the news of Pikes large army, I have to keep them in this region so I am not overrun instead. So he will retreat back to Ft. Stanwix, where he will keep an eye on the situation, and react swiftly to any US movement.

A new force has also been sent from my dear old Britain:

Very useful troops and they will immediately be transported south to join the front.

The US fleet at Lake Champlain wasn’t destroyed like I thought earlier. So I will try and hunt them down again, so they can’t spy on my forces and disrupt any troop transport here.

Tecumseh is sent to Kingston to take command of the irregulars I have here. He could set up some ambushes if the US sends a force towards Kingston, and give them a nasty surprise :indien:
John Brant is sent to join DeRottenburgs army with the same mission.

[color="red"][SIZE="4"]The war so far:[/size][/color]

The last couple of months haven’t really developed like I had hoped for. I have been surprised by the large number of troops the US has received through events, and has been forced on the defensive. I don’t really have the men to take any offensive actions anymore, but I am still forced to do so, as Chris is getting more victory points than I each turn. So he could actually just sit back and defend what he has, if that is what he wants. I hope he will try something though so he might expose himself somewhere, but he has played very safe and intelligently until now, so I am not that optimistic :(
I will get more troops from Britain, when the war with Napoleon is nearing its end, but I am not sure how many or when they will arrive. But the war is probably going to be decided in the last turns, as I cant see any side being able to completely destroy the others armies, as it stands now.

Thank goodness we don't understand the language of ravens, jackdaws, crickets, frogs, and pigs. Otherwise we'd probably worry about what they think too. Yet how many people seem more brainless than the frogs and jackdaws? Does that make any difference to us? No. We let what they say upset us and render our lives utterly miserable.

Dio Chrysostom

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:00 pm

[color="Red"][SIZE="6"]September 1813[/size][/color]

Chris has combined Dearborn’s and Harrison’s army in York. I don’t expect him to move away from here, as he already control the objective and strategic cities he need to win. The offensive is up to me, while he can concentrate on defending what he got.
He might make a move to Kingston, if he thinks I have a weak force here, but as shown below my army has gained good strength over the past turns:

Some of my units still have room for more replacements, so I will remain here for at least one more turn. The exception is Tecumseh which will take my Indians and two Canadian riflemen, and set up an ambush along the path from York to Kingston. He can also spy on the defences at York, making it easier to plan my future actions.

Brock wasn’t attacked liked I expected, so he is still locked for a turn at Ft. Dover. But next turn he will be ready to take command again, which will be a big boon for my cause :sourcil:

On the eastern front I was able to retreat towards Plattsburg with Prevosts force. Chris didn’t attack me so he probably had a bad intelligence report, making him unable to see how weak I was. (Good recognisance and intelligence reports are really important in this game. It can win the war for you, and I really wish I hadn’t thrown away my Indians like I have, as they are the best for this job :bonk: )

I am playing with the new patch, so I am finally able to move ships through Montreal and into Lake Ontario. This is extremely important, as it opens up a whole lot of new strategic possibilities. Before the patch I was thinking of sending DeRottenburg by foot towards Ft. Niagara. A march that would have cost a lot of attrition, leaving me very vulnerable when I would finally arrive. Now I will move my army to Sackett’s Harbour instead, where they will wait till I can get some ships south to transport them. Gleig’s army is also transported by ships to Sackett’s Harbour, with his invaluable artillery and supply wagon. From there I can send an amphibious attack, to Ft. Niagara, Ft. Eire or York. Perhaps even all three depending on the defences.

I am still worried though that Chris might send his huge army in Albany to Plattsburg, where Prevost’s army needs a few turns to regain strength. But since he probably doesn’t know where DeRottenburg is, and the strength of this army, I am confident he will remain in the city. I will use Brant and the two Voltiguers in DeRottenburgs army, to set up ambushes on the road to Sackett’s Harbour. I think he might try and send a small force this way, so it would be nice to give him a nasty surprise if he does :D

Dio Chrysostom

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:55 pm

[color="Red"][SIZE="6"]October 1813[/size][/color]

My ambushes with Brant and Tecumseh proved useful, as Chris moved small forces towards Kingston and Dayton this turn:

Both battles went well considering my inferior numbers, and it should stop Chris from making further advances.

I am still waiting for my ships to arrive in Sackett’s Harbor, where they will be transported to Ft. Niagara along with Gleig’s men. I can also see that Chris has built a depot in the fort, which makes it even more urgent to get there fast. Otherwise he will be able to reinforce his army, making it much harder to take my lost territories back.

Brock has finally recovered from his wounds, and will move to Kingston, to take command of the army here. My plan is to move this army towards York, at the same time Gleig’s army is transported to Ft. Niagara. Hopefully this will surprise Chris, and let me catch him off guard.

Tecumseh will continue setting ambushes while Brant is moved to Sackett’s Harbor to join my expedition to the Niagara.

A new army from Britain has also arrived:

I will try and get the troops west to take part in my offensive here, while Douglass will move to Plattsburg. I will relocate prevost to Sackett’s Harbor, as I need his “siege expert” ability, to take down Ft. Niagara. Drummond is then sent to Plattsburg to lead this army, and Brant will also be sent here latter, as I otherwise would suffer from insufficiently command points.

A depot has also been built in Plattsburg, so my units can begin getting replacements here.
I will generally play defensive in this area now, and instead concentrate my effort in the west. There are more important cities in that area, so it seems foolish to waste too much energy just on Albany.
So if I can just keep hold on Plattsburg for now, I will be happy ;)

Dio Chrysostom

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:22 pm

[color="Red"][SIZE="6"]November 1813[/size][/color]

Dearborn retreated back to York as expected, and has combines forces with Harrison’s army.
Pike has moved to Ft. Stanwix where William Hull has joined him. But with winter coming I doubt he will make any further advance.
Winter is also ruining my plans, as it is too risky sending my army west now, so both Prevost and Brock will remain at their present locations.

I will however send a lone ship to the Niagara mouth, where I will scout on the defences of Ft. Niagara. If it is ill defended, I might send my army here despite of the bad weather. It would be nice to collect a few more victory points through the winter, as I am trailing by 112 at the moment.

Drummond’s army in Plattsburg suffered from poor sanitation, so they haven’t regained much strength this turn. I will try and move some troops south to Ft. Ticonderoga, to avoid these problems in the future.

Tecumseh and Brant have taking winter quarters, so I will have to do without them for 5 turns.

Dio Chrysostom

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:44 pm

[color="Red"][SIZE="6"]December 1813[/size][/color]

I can’t believe my luck :nuts: Pike’s army has moved to Sackett’s Harbor and laid siege to the city. The landscape is frozen, and his army is already in a bad shape:

I don’t know why Chris made this move. He probably couldn’t see the large army I have in the city, and thought it would be an easy target. But It is surely a big mistake, which I want to take advantage of. So I immediately order my huge army to take positions outside the city, and make an “all out attack” (I hope this ROE will decrease my enemy’s retreat chances, but I am not sure?).
I really hope I can destroy their army this turn, and I might even pursue them though the winter landscape if they manage to retreat early. Only complete annihilation is satisfactory :mdr:

I was also able to take a look at the defences around The Niagara. They have some decent armies here, but not so numerous as I thought.

Dio Chrysostom

Siekster
Sergeant

Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:12 pm

I am curious to see how your attack works out. His march in the frozen wilderness was ill advised, but an attacker receives moderate penalties for attacking in frozen weather, and severe penalties for attacking in the wilderness, which may hurt your advantage. I am cheering for ya, so I hope it works out :-)
"You underestimate my powers!!!"

-Anakin Skywalker, moments before jumping and having three of his extremities hacked off by a lightsaber...

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:39 am

[color="Red"][SIZE="6"]January 1814[/size][/color]

Pike managed to escape my army, so no battle took place this turn. But to my luck he withdrew into the mountains where a blizzard is raging, which will inflect serious attrition :cuit: And not only that, he also left behind his three supply wagons, which will leave him without any shelter and maybe also supplies. Poor army :non: I nearly pity them :D

I will try and capture the three wagons by placing two small forces outside the city. They can be used to build a depot here which could prove useful later, as I will station quite a few troops in this city.

Else everything is quit, and I can enjoy the winter landscape!

Dio Chrysostom

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:18 pm

[color="Red"][SIZE="6"]February/March 1814[/size][/color]

Not much happened in April. I wasn’t able to capture the supply wagons the US army left behind, so I had to use my own to build a depot in Sackett’s Harbor.

In March winter is waving, and some movement is possible again. But Prevost’s army in Sackett’s Harbor lost a lot of cohesion and some strength the last turn. I got no message about poor sanitation, but I can’t see what else should have caused it. So until they can regain strength, I will just send an irregular unit commanded by Drummond east to scout the area.

My armies in Plattsburg and Kingston remains passive, but hopefully a Grand Invasion can be excecuted next month :)

Dio Chrysostom

Bleedinbob
Private

Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:35 pm

Just wanted to let you know that I am really enjoying this AAR. Great job on the screens and descriptions. Have not picked up BOA2, yet, but you are doing a great job at letting me see it's features.

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:59 pm

"BleedingBob"

Thanks for your kind words :hat:

Dio Chrysostom

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:05 pm

[color="Red"][SIZE="6"]April 1814[/size][/color]

Snow is still stopping me from making any grand operations. It just won’t end, and it can be quit frustrating as time is not on my side :grr:

Drummond’s small skirmishers were able to unveil the strength of Pikes army:

They don’t seem to have suffered much from attrition, but they have also been reinforced by another force it seems. So I think I will go back to my old plan, and concentrate on the western theatre with York, Ft. Niagara, Ft. Eire and Detroit. To keep an eye on their movements I send Tecumseh to Ft. Niagara, so I will know where to strike when time comes.

Brant got frostbite in a blizzard it seems, and is locked for another 4 turns at Ft. Dover :cuit:

The sea route from Halifax to Quebec seems to be favoured by good weather, so I will begin transporting some of the units I have here to the front.

Dio Chrysostom

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:23 pm

[color="Red"][SIZE="6"]May 1814[/size][/color]

Winter has finally passed in most regions, so I will send some cavalry south to take a look at the defences at Albany. A good number of my units in Plattsburg are also moved to Ft. Ticonderoga, so I can reach Albany quickly if the odds look good.

Prevost and three units are transported to Kingston from Sackett’s Harbor. I will combine a grand force here, and try to launch an amphibious invasion on either Ft. Niagara or Ft. Eire. The two forces the US have here doesn’t scare me, and I think if it is executed right, it will be a great success:

Some troops in Montreal are also sent by foot to Kingston, as the rivers are still frozen hindering any naval movement.

(I must also apologies for the very little action that has taken place lately. But I promise the next couple of turns are going to be much more interesting :dada: )

Dio Chrysostom

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:42 pm

[color="Red"][SIZE="6"]June 1814[/size][/color]

[color="red"][SIZE="4"]Niagara area:[/size][/color]

Once again I suffer the ill effect of having a large number of troops stationed at one place. This time poor sanitation problems strike in Kingston, forcing me to once again hold back my invasion plans :grr:

There are 13 turns back, and I am trailing by 217 victory points. So I can’t afford to sit back much longer, if I am to win this war. And I really only have until November 1814, as it is impossible to do anything in the winter months. So I cross my fingers that I am spared from these disease outbreaks the next turn :sourcil:

An important event which I didn’t really take notice of when it happened, was Brocks loose of seniority after his defeat at Presqu’ile. This means Prevost is my highest ranking officer, and that he will be in charge of my army in Kingston. I really need Brock, so Prevost is sent to Ft. Ticonderoga, to take command of this army instead. I will really miss his siege expert and master logistician skills (+1 siege point when attacking forts, and -25 stack supply consumption). But Brocks great offensive/defensive abilities combined with his charismatic trait (+5 maximum cohesion bonus), is more important.

Napoleon has finally been defeated and exiled to Elba, which means I am receiving a large number of troops and replacements from now on. I just hope it isn’t too late!!

The troops I got this turn:

The men in Quebec are sent to Kingston and some on forced march, as I don’t have the time to wait for them.

[color="red"][SIZE="4"]Albany:[/size][/color]

My cavalry was able to spot the defenders in the city, and they have a very capable force, as shown on the map. This is in addition to Pikes army which must be located at either Dayton or Ft. Stanwix. But I might still try to take the city as I need all the victory points I can get!

Dio Chrysostom

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:10 pm

[color="Red"][SIZE="6"]July 1814[/size][/color]

[color="Red"][SIZE="4"]Niagara theatre:[/size][/color]

The invasion can begin :p ouet: My army in Kingston is finally in good shape, so they are boarded onto my fleet and sent west.

Brock will command my main army:

He will launch an amphibious invasion on Ft. Eire, where Hulls army seems to have left. He will be supported by a small force in Montreal, which will arrive too late though to be of use in the immediately assault:

Tecumseh and Gleig will land in Burlington:

Gleig will take the regulars and join Brocks army later. Tecumseh will use his irregulars to set an ambush here, if the US army in York is sent east to attack Brock. This will give Brock some time to recover himself after the assault on Ft. Eire, and prepare himself for the next move.

DeRottenburg will stay in Kingston where he will be joined by General Riall. They will take some of the men I have gathered here, and head to York if the US army moves away from here. They can hopefully give Chris a good surprise, if the opportunity arises!

I am still receiving a lot of reinforcements in Quebec, and they will be sent to Montreal from where they can join the front later. I am really lacking in transport ships at the moment, which can be very frustrating when you have all these units just dying to get into combat :p leure:

[color="red"][SIZE="4"]Albany:[/size][/color]

The sacking of Washington event has happened, giving me a great navy and land force at the Chesapeake Bay:

I will unload my land forces at New York City, where they will be joined by General Douglass and General Scheaffe.
They will try and take New York early on, and later move north to help my assault on Albany. With this army combined with Prevost’s army in Ft. Ticonderoga, I should outnumber the defending force by a good margin.

One thing that is troubling me is the location of Pikes army. He might have joined Wilkinson’s army in Albany, but I think he is hiding somewhere else. Perhaps in Oswego?
I will send out my cavalry to scout the city, so I am not getting a nasty surprise later.

Both Drummonds and Prevost’s army remains stationary, but Proctor takes the two irregulars in Drummond’s army and march west towards Ft. Niagara. They can provide good support for Brock, who needs all the men he can get!

Dio Chrysostom

Siekster
Sergeant

Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:57 pm

The excitement is killing me!!!

-Anakin Skywalker, moments before jumping and having three of his extremities hacked off by a lightsaber...

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:07 pm

[color="Red"][SIZE="6"]August 1814[/size][/color]

I have to admit I have made a huge mistake. I haven’t kept track on which objective cities were my own, and which were US. I need to control Plattsburg, Albany, Ft. Niagara, Detroit and Vincennes to win. So York and Ft. Eire is really not that important. They will give me victory points but unless I achieve some great victories, I think that race is gone. So I should concentrate on conquering all my objective cities instead, and forget about all the other. This will change my plans a little, but I am still in a good position I think.

[color="red"][SIZE="4"]Niagara Theatre:[/size][/color]

As always things didn’t quite develop like I had planed. The US had its fleet patrolling the Niagara Mouth, so I was attacked before I was able to unload my army:

Their cohesion was very low, so I had no trouble sending them to the bottom of the lake. But the moment of surprise is lost, and another turn goes by without making any conquest :non:

The only troops that did unload were the small detachment from Montreal. Not that great actually, as they have no leader and so is very vulnerable to any attack. But Brock should be able to join them in just one day and Gleig in 5. So it’s not that big a concern I think. Brant will also be sent to join the force.

I first wanted to take Ft. Eire, but since it is not an objective city to me, I will not make an assault. I will instead try and organize my different forces here, and combine them into one large army. They will then be sent to Ft. Niagara, where Hulls army is sure to give me a grand battle :p

Tecumseh is still going to set an ambush at Burlington, as I don’t want the US army in York to interfere with my plans. My army in Kingston will also receive different orders after my last revelation. Instead of targeting York they will be transported by ships to Detroit, to make a surprise attack here. The city is not very well defended, as it lies far from the frontline, so hopefully it will be an easy target. Admiral Yeo from my Ontario fleet will take command of my navy in Lake Huron instead, as the US only got one lone Bateaux left in Lake Ontario.

[color="red"][SIZE="4"]Albany[/size][/color]

Instead of wasting time on New York, Douglas's army is sent north just outside Albany. Prevost and Drummond are also sent just outside the city, so I can attack it next turn. Leaving them one region away will give me time to recover the cohesion looses from the long march, before engaging in battle.

Pikes army was also spotted in Oswego, and it might be sent to help out Wilkinson in Albany. It could also go north to Montreal which will be open to attack, after I have moved Drummond away from Sackett’s harbour. But I think he will move to Albany. He knows it is in danger after my new army has landed at New York, and it would be really bad news to me if he joins forces here. I need to take Albany if I want to win the war, and an army with an overall combat strenght of 1000, will be really hard to break down :rolleyes:

Dio Chrysostom

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:23 pm

[color="Red"][SIZE="6"]September 1814[/size][/color]

[color="red"][SIZE="4"]Niagara theatre:[/size][/color]

Chris moved Harrison’s army away from York to attack me at Ft. Eire. But he was soundly defeated. First by Tecumseh and then by Brock:

I hope his defeat means he will retreat back to York, so I can concentrate on taking Ft. Niagara and defeat Hulls army. But I am getting worried about my supplies. I only have 70% of my ammunition left and 75% of my general supplies. The only way I can get supplies now, is from transport ships and supply wagons, since the region itself isn’t rich enough to feed me. So my fleet in the Niagara Mouth is sent to Kingston, to transport supply wagons and more troops to Brocks army. I also have a bateaux in Montreal which will bring a regular unit and two artillery brigades to my force.

I did think about attacking Hull this turn, but since Brock isn’t activated, I am by all means forced to wait. But this gives me a chance to get Tecumseh and the troops from Montreal to join Brock, so it isn’t that bad perhaps.

DeRottenburg and Riall will continue to board my fleet at Lake Toronto.

As expected Pikes army moved into Albany and joined Wilkinson’s army here. I should have done more to prevent this, as they have a really awesome force here now:

I have also gathered some good armies here, and more men are joining them from various cities, to max out my command limit.
The problem now isn’t having inadequate forces, but having enough commanders to lead them :8o:

I will also use Cockburn’s fleet to transport the men in Halifax here. They will probably be too late to participate in the attack, but they will be good reserves to have later.

I will probably be forced to call the attack next month, to avoid getting stuck in a hard winter. In snow I wouldn’t be able to take as much advantage of my superior artillery, as the battle would start at closer range. But in clear terrain and fair weather, they can be really devastating. Especially with Douglass artillerist ability (20% combat bonus for all artillery elements in the army).
So I prey to God that there wont be an early winter, which the snow in Canada otherwise suggest :sourcil:

Dio Chrysostom

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:33 am

[color="Red"][SIZE="6"]October 1814[/size][/color]

[color="red"][SIZE="4"]Niagara and Detroit[/size][/color]

Chris seems to have spotted my boarding of troops in Lake Toronto, and is heading to Detroit with Harrison’s army. I hope I can block Lake Saint Clair with my fleet, so he is trapped in Canada, but I will probably have to defeat the US fleet anchored at Port Talbot first. But if everything goes well, I should be able to take Detroit before winter sets in, and can then prepare a journey south to Vincennes from there.

There’s a grand battle in wait at Ft. Niagara :dada: I have given all my irregular units to Tecumseh and Brant, and will use them to soften up Hulls army, before Brock sets in with a sustained attack. I don’t know if this is a good idea, but an irregular army is able to reach Ft. Niagara in just 7 days, while Brock with all his artillery will use 17 days. That will greatly decrease the battle efficiency of my troops, so sending the irregular in front at least seems like a good idea :sourcil:

My armies and their posture are shown below:

This is what I am up against:

I will have a good advantage from my generals, as both Brock and Tecumseh has 5 in offensive skills, while Hull has 2 in defensive. My generals also have the charismatic trait giving all my units +5 maximum cohesion.
I should also have a more experienced army, as I don’t remember having fought Hull before, while many of my troops gained good experience from the Battle of Buffalo:

They have the advantage of being entrenched in a forest, while I also have to cross the Niagara Falls. But I still think I have a good chance to win this battle.

More troops are sent from Kingston to Ft. Eire, so I have some reserves if the attack should fail.

This is going to be a really bloody month! I have lined up all my three armies, and the destiny of Albany is finally to be decided.

My great armies are shown below:

And here is the wall I have to get through:

As you can see the US army is not in their best shape! They have suffered from poor sanitation, and this is really going to be in my favour ;) I had feared one of my armies would suffer from the same event, but God must be on my side :rolleyes: All my troops are fresh and ready for glory :nuts:

I will set all armies on “all out attack” as I really need to decide this now. Drummond should arrive one day before Prevost and Douglass, so hopefully he can stand his ground and not run away before reinforcement arrives.
The US army is commanded by J. Wilkinson. Last time I met him was at Mobile, and then he was a 4-2-2 General. Not that impressive, so I hope he will stay in command of the entire US army. But Chris might split his troops into smaller forces, so he can gain advantage of his more superior commanders like Zebulon Pike.

As mentioned in my earlier post, Douglass artillerist ability will be of great benefit in this battle. The terrain is clear, so I can use them for max efficiency, and the defenders get no defensive bonus from this terrain. They are entrenched though, and both Douglass and Prevost will have to cross minor straits, so they receive some bonuses here.

Overall I think it is going to be a very even battle. The poor sanitation event for the US army should put the odds in my favour. But I won’t be too optimistic, as that has disappointed me before :siffle:
But it is sure going to be interesting!

The troops from Halifax will be unloaded at Kingston. This should leave Wilkinson with only the mountains to the southwest to retreat to if he is defeated.

Dio Chrysostom

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:46 pm

[color="red"][SIZE="6"]November 1814[/size][/color]

Total disaster:

I really didn’t see this coming. But the crossing of the Niagara Falls and the entrenched forest terrain, must have given a great boost to the defenders. Now I have no other choice than to assault Ft. Eire, build a depot here, and begin gaining strength for a second attempt.

Harrison was also able to get into Detroit before DeRottenburg and his men could arrive. So I have to cancel the attack, and instead hold winter quarters at Amherstburg.

It’s not all bad news though. The “New Orleans expedition” event has triggered, which gives me a strong navy and naval force, at the Bataria Bay:

With these brave men I might still have a chance to win the war. I will use the transport ships in the fleet to sail my soldiers up the Mississippi River, all the way to Vincennes. If I can take that city quickly, I might be able to use this army to take Detroit as well. The problem is that my warships aren’t able to enter rivers, so if the US has a fleet patrolling here, it might very well be a short trip. The river could also freeze, but I don’t think it is that likely so far south. If I can get just halfway I will be very happy!

[color="Red"][SIZE="4"]Albany[/size][/color]

The US has withdrawn into the fort like cowards, so I will have to make an assault instead of engaging them in open field battle. But it seems they are still suffering from poor sanitation as their overall combat strength is only around 600. I have combined all my armies into one stack with a combat strength of 1540. So I hope I will be more successful here than at Ft. Niagara.

Dio Chrysostom

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:16 pm

[color="red"][SIZE="6"]December 1814[/size][/color]

Ft. Eire was captured with ease:

I have to start recovering my looses, so I build a depot at Ft. Eire, so I can begin drawing replacements for my troops. It is also needed to generate enough supply to my large number of men present here. At the moment the province can’t feed all these troops, so I need a depot to stop me from starving to death.

Admiral Cochrane’s fleet is continuing up the Mississippi River.

[color="Red"][SIZE="4"]Albany[/size][/color]

I have to send more bad news back to my superiors in Britain. Despite inflecting serious casualties on the defenders, my men wouldn’t stand their ground and got routed:

So I have to retreat back to Fishkill, and try to recover my strength. But so will the US army, and I am sure they got more replacements than I do :p leure: I only got 6 line infantry and 1 light infantry left. Not much to cover the combined looses from Ft. Niagara and Albany.

Dio Chrysostom

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:31 pm

[color="red"][SIZE="6"]January 1815[/size][/color]

Not that much to report on. I have taken winter quarters, and is just trying to get some replacements for my lost troops.
I have to move some units away from Amherstburg, as the city can’t supply all my men here. I have already lost one entire unit to starvation :non:

My fleet on the Mississippi River continues their voyage to Vincennes unopposed. I was quite certain the US had some ships here, but so far I haven’t encountered them. Thank God :)

Dio Chrysostom

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:10 pm

[color="Red"][SIZE="6"]February 1815[/size][/color]

I am still just trying to get replacements for my troops. No movement except for my fleet, which continues towards Vincennes. There is a blizzard though further upriver, so I can’t make much progress this turn. Hopefully the weather will be better next month!

Dio Chrysostom

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:52 pm

[color="Red"][SIZE="6"]March 1815[/size][/color]

It really looks quite hopeless now! The rivers leading to Vincennes is still frozen, so I have to wait at least another turn before reaching the city. This means Brocks army will not only need to take Ft. Niagara, but is also needed to assault Detroit. So I have to order another attack across the Niagara Falls and hope for the best. If I am defeated again, the war is lost!

My army in Albany remains where it is. I have not received any more replacements, so I can’t see how I am able to defeat the combined defences of Albany, which has a power rating of 1400. But a miracle might happen :rolleyes:

Dio Chrysostom

Siekster
Sergeant

Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:44 am

1 week.... I am having Jade King AAR withdrawals....

CristoFire-Ice
Brigadier General

Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:03 pm

Hi! Now that the game is over and that I have no news of my opponent, I am allowing myself to read this very well done AAR.

JadeKing played very well and didn't give me many opportunities. He let me accumulate too many victory points too fast, maybe, and I was a bit lucky too :sourcil: . But it is a very interesting campaign for both sides and I really had fun. Thank you for the game! :coeurs:

I am now available for any other campaign game! :niark:
[color="DarkOrange"]"- Il est à vous ce boulet?" [/color]:grr:

CristoFire-Ice
Brigadier General

Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:13 pm

JadeKing says he got a stalemate screen but I got a victory screen (824 vs 381)

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:25 pm

[color="Red"][SIZE="6"]April 1815[/size][/color]

Brock was defeated ones again:

I got no chance of winning the war now, and I have to admit my defeat :p leure:

But the war was really lost a lot earlier, when I failed to stop Pike and Wilkinson to join forces in Albany. That was really a devastating mistake. But some misunderstanting of what was my own objective cities and which was Chris, also drove me down the path of defeat. I spent too much time and energy on cities that I shouldent have given so much attention. But at least I have learned a lot, and will be better equipped for my next game now :sourcil:

The victory screen actually shows it was a stalemat. I am not quite sure why this is so, as he has a great lead in victory points, which I thought would give you a minor victory. But it seems casulties also has something to say in this matter.

But anyway the game is over, and I have no illusion of my defeat. I have to shamefully return to great Britain and take my punishment, which I am certain wont be mercyful :non:

Dio Chrysostom

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:27 pm

Chris:

That seems strange :confused: But I think yours are the correct one, though I am sad to admit it ;)

Dio Chrysostom

CristoFire-Ice
Brigadier General

Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:30 pm

Actually, your screen is correct too. I didn't manage to reach my objectives. So I decide it is a draw game :niark:

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America AARs”