Carnium

Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:23 pm

The game is nearing its end and both sides are struggling for victory.
[color="Red"][SIZE="4"]
Brave Rangers pulled off a heroic victory against all odds :w00t: [/size][/color]

[SIZE="4"][color="Red"]All out assaults against last native strongholds, while Pontiac is away besieging Fort Michilimackinac[/color][/size]
Attachments
Final assault.jpg
Heroic victory.jpg

Hobbes

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:28 pm

August/September '66. As Carnium has posted - a disappointing turn for Pontiac. The rangers put up a hell of a fight at fort de Chartres!
Pontiac goes for broke and prepares for an assault against the Michilimackinac settlement.

Attachments
AAR55.jpg
AAR56.jpg
AAR57.jpg

Hobbes

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:21 pm

September/October '66. The gates of hell are certainly open now!
Hopkins' brave rangers seem to have been imbued with a battle frenzy after their victory. They throw caution to the wind and actually sortie forth
from de Chartres and take the fight to the Indians. A very risky strategy as the defense of the fort is all important to the British, but these rangers,
so ably led by Hopkins, become the new Immortals. They are forced back to the fort but leave another sixty Indian dead in their wake.

Bradstreet, defending a settlement that offers no protection to his men, defeats a force of over 1,000 assaulting braves led by chief Pontiac.
Indian hopes of victory are fading fast.

Kiashuta, laying in ambush at Chalahgawtha, manages to turn the tide and defeat a superior British force!
I am sure another attempt will be made and Dalyell's detachment looks to be moving in to reinforce Browning.

It's down to the last turn and unless the Indians can defeat the British elsewhere they will need to keep hold of Chalahgawtha or suffer defeat.
Attachments
AAR60.jpg
AAR59.jpg
AAR58.jpg

Hobbes

Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:43 pm

October/November '66. A last, desperate attempt against Hopkins' rangers results only in more Indian deaths.

Pontiac fares little better at Michilimackinac. The British bastions hold firm.

Cornstalk, unable to make more than a spoiling attack, may have unbalanced the British enough to prevent an attack against Chalahgawtha.

The British hold on to all of their major forts but are a spent force at Chalahgawtha. It is a close run thing but Pontiac takes a minor victory!

It's a surprising victory as I thought I would take at least one of Michilimackinac or fort de Chartres and the British would take Chalahgawtha.
I'm still wondering what happened to Bouquet, I assume he was killed or injured in battle? That may have made quite a difference.

Carnium has been a great opponent - and he is playing against a player with a great advantage as I know the scenario so well.
I have found a new friend on the forums and look forward to a King William's War AAR in a few months
(and also the World Cup game on June 23rd ;) ).

There are quite a few changes to post in the next patch which I hope will be the final one. After that King William's War - and I really hope a Peloponnesian game.
Attachments
chief-pontiac-2.jpg
AAR64.jpg
AAR63.jpg
AAR62.jpg
AAR61.jpg

Ebbingford

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:38 pm

Nice AAR :thumbsup:

Hobbes

Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:05 pm

Thanks Ebb! :)

Hobbes

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:50 pm

I just had the thought that the last turn we played probably wasn't the last turn as the result had already been decided the turn before.
You can see from the event log above that the Minor Victory notification was the first event that fired.
Probably not easy to change this but it must cause a lot of confusion in AGEOD games that are as closely fought as this one.

It is not until the turn after this that you get a notification that the game has ended.
It would be a nice addition to the game to give players a clearer notification of the last turn if possible.

I realise now that when a scenario gives the text that there are zero turns left that the game is over.
But there is no message to give an indication of which side has won at this point.
I have always played on for another turn feeling a little confused. Carnium has obviously done the same thing so I assume I am not an idiot to do this.
If two experienced players can be confused by this I assume many players are?

P.S. in the last AAR we seemed to realise this! But I'm just noting the confusion :blink:
Attachments
AAR65.jpg

Carnium

Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:00 pm

Hobbes wrote:I'm still wondering what happened to Bouquet, I assume he was killed or injured in battle? That may have made quite a difference.

Carnium has been a great opponent - and he is playing against a player with a great advantage as I know the scenario so well.
I have found a new friend on the forums and look forward to a King William's War AAR in a few months
(and also the World Cup game on June 23rd ;) ).

There are quite a few changes to post in the next patch which I hope will be the final one. After that King William's War - and I really hope a Peloponnesian game.

Thanks for the kind words Hobbes :thumbsup:
It was a real joy playing and testing the scenario with you. Those two games were my first taste against the Human opponent as I am strictly a solitary player and it gave me a complete different taste of the game that I knew.
Poor Bouquet was one of the few causalities in the battle he initially won posthumously. A lucky strike for the Indians I guess.
Strange that your battle report did not show that he was killed :confused:

Hobbes

Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:30 am

Carnium wrote:Thanks for the kind words Hobbes :thumbsup:
It was a real joy playing and testing the scenario with you. Those two games were my first taste against the Human opponent as I am strictly a solitary player and it gave me a complete different taste of the game that I knew.
Poor Bouquet was one of the few causalities in the battle he initially won posthumously. A lucky strike for the Indians I guess.
Strange that your battle report did not show that he was killed :confused:

It certainly gives a different experience playing PBEM. Snag is I find it difficult to get up much enthusiasm for games against the PC now.
Bouquet's death was very fortunate for me! :indien:

Cheers, Chris

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America AARs”