Mosby
Lieutenant

Rabble in Arms.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:08 am

My attempt at a British aar for the '75 to 83 campaign.

While I'm going to try to get a few turns every day, I'm trying to get my provisional work started, so I may miss a day here or there.

Anyways, this should help me stay on track, as I often get lost with what I was trying to do, and have to start over, or lose interest and start something else. I've had awful luck as the brits, with the rebel army just generally seeming to be much better than myself.

Here's for a fun game!
"Have you got the rascal?" "No but he has got you!"

Mosby
Lieutenant

Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:14 am

Before I really begin, I first have to rethink my plan though. Before, I would usually go for what I thought was the most important objects, the major cities of Boston, New York, and Philly. I know from reading this and that, that I should've been going after Washington and his army, but I thought if I could just keep those cities, I would somehow be alright and this would go my way.

I've learned that this just doesn't work, at least the way that I do it. My plan will now be focused on causing as much damage to Washington as I can, hopefully destorying any threat fast enough to take what I want without having to worry that something will fight back.

I think I'll still have to wait until 76 or even 77 to really get going, as I don't want to rush and make a mistake. Hopefully this will give me enough time to get in a few good years of kicking the rebs around before they get too strong.

Mosby
Lieutenant

Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:14 am

First off, this game is pretty normal, with everything set to normal, except a slight edge given to the AI for FOW. I feel that the game is balanced pretty well, and seeing as how I have a hard time beating it already, I don't feel that Athena needs any help.

My plan is a change from what I've tried to due before, and it's one born out of frustration. It seems that I just never have enough people to find and destroy Washington, so every force I get will be sent upstate to deal with him, and they won't leave until the main US army is destroyed.

I feel that there is no sense in trying to fight in more that one theater if I don't have control of the first one. It might be a bit gamey, but there my forces and I can do with them what I want! :D

Anyways, it's June now, and nothing major is going on. Howe and his army come a bit early, and get sent up to Cambridge to take out a small force as well as keep it from turning into a hangout for an enemy force later on.

Howe's fleet moves to Halifax to wait until the new recruits are sent over, while the small fleet that was in Boston moves to Philly to take out anything trying to leave.

Carleton and his force moved down from Montreal to take Ft. Ticonderoga, Dunmore is moved to Norfolk...everything else is quiet.
Attachments
June 75.jpg

Mosby
Lieutenant

Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:36 am

July, 75.

The Cambridge fight goes well, but Howe get's no time to rest because the huge American force decides to go after him, bypassing the Boston army, and moving just one region away from Howe. (I didn't know that there was a region there, but that little area is kinda goofy, so I'm not bothered by it.) Howe moves to Portsmouth, to go against Arnold and a few militia.

I decide to chase after the force with Grant's army, but I forgot that you have to go through the Heights to get anywhere, and there is still a tiny little group of rebs there, so I don't know if he'll make it to Howe in time or not. (If the rebs could ignore my army, I don't see why I couldn't do the same.)

My Montreal army under Carleton moves closer to Tico now, just one region above it. They picked up the other general and the inf. in Chambly, as well as the unlocked indians as well. All that's facing them there are one militia group.

Dunmore will sit in Norfolk until I can get some more help down his way. He can usually fight off anything that tries to kick him out.
Attachments
July 75.jpg

Mosby
Lieutenant

Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:07 am

Aug. 75

Howe took out some of Arnolds army, but not all of it, so he goes under siege...doesn't really matter though, Howe is inactive this turn, so I'm just going to have him sit there and take a breather. He also got a promotion, so now he's commander in chief.

I was right about Grant, he got stuck fighting in the Heights, winning a battle and putting it to siege, but he's moving to is whatever Boston used to be, where the main American force under Thomas is at. I'm pretty sure that the only reason I couldn't ever win against them before is because they were entrenched, so now that their not, I figured why not? :thumbsup:

In other news, Tico is going to fall this turn. Dunmore sits around. Torie dudes in Georgia also sit around.....probably too hot to do much else.

The only thing I don't like is this guy named Clarke. He looks like he's just going to kill a bunch of indians who weren't doing anything. What a jerk.
Attachments
Mean dude..jpg
Aug. 75.jpg

Mosby
Lieutenant

Washington's first trick

Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:41 am

Gage wins a major battle against Ward, fighting off 8k troops with only 3k. Really not sure what happened though, this part of the map is really hard to see just what's going on.

Gage (who I've been calling grant, my bad I've also been playing some ACW) will move to boston for the winter, Howe will go to Salem and hopefully won't be attacked by the magician know as Washington.

This guy appeared last month, and went to the Peabody region, where it seems all the other rebel stacks went as well. He has a GIGANTIC stack now, and still has enough left over to give Old Put a 100 point army as well. I really just don't get how he can do that...it seems like everything I've done these last few turns was all for nothing. Oh well, I guess I'll just get going again once all my stuff arrives.

Tico fell, for about ten seconds before my stack of 900 lost to a stack of 80............... :mad: . It looks like it was because of low cohesion, but that's just crazy!

Nothing else really goes down. The indians lose once, but then win to stay alive. Fort 96 is attacked like it always is, and wins like it always does.

Fingers crossed about Howe. Hopefully he can stay alive to see 76.
Attachments
Sept 2.jpg
Sept..jpg

arsan

Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:01 am

Good to see a WIA AAR! There aren't many around! :thumbsup:
By the way, you can show the pictures directly in the post instead of put them just as attachments.
Click on the "Edit post" button and then on the little arrow to the right of "manage attachements" button and juts click on the picture name on the list :thumbsup:
I think it will look better that way :)
Cheers!

Mosby
Lieutenant

Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:19 pm

Alrighty, I'll give that a try from now on.

Thanks.

arsan

Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:09 pm

Mosby wrote:Alrighty, I'll give that a try from now on.

Thanks.

You can do it also on the messages you have already posted, just editing them :thumbsup:
but of course if you want to! Its your AAR!
I'm just trying to be helpful, not to impose anything on you! :)
Regards!

Mosby
Lieutenant

Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:26 am

Actually, I don't know how to do that. I don't have the little arrow next to the manage attachtments button.

I see a insert pic up top, but it asks for a url address which I don't have, as I'm just uploading the pictures straight from my comp. Could that be it?

Mosby
Lieutenant

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:34 am

The passing of September to October was a quiet one, with no battles taking place, and save the movement of Howe and Clinton (Gage left, so no more name mistakes due to him) into a position exactly like what I started with.

Clinton's new command may still be cut short as Wasington's army eyes him down...I'm debating on whether or not to move him north so that when the snow hits Washington will have to suffer a bit to get to him.

Carleton made it to Chambly, where he'll probably sit for a good portion of the war, because I just don't see the need for anything crazy up there. He may link up with the guys from Ft. Niagara.

All the guys from Georgia move to 96, they get to wait it out until Washington can be taken care of.

That will take care of posts until the spring thaw.

In the end, a iffy start to the first year. I didn't achieve my goal of weakening the rebels force, but I didn't lose any crazy amounts of men.
Attachments
Oct 2.jpg
Oct. 75.jpg

Mosby
Lieutenant

Let's do this!!!!!

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:21 am

During the winter....Howe almost dies due to a lack of supplies. I don't know why, as there was a depot there...oh well. It forced him to move to the heights to snag some supplies (don't think it worked, but it does in ACW, so I thought I would give it a try). He and his army take a beating, but survive. Yeesh.

June 76

In this historically eventful year, I fully expect to destroy this force that doesn't deserve a name. The rebel army went through some changes during the winter, with Washington leaving into the north, giving command to Lee. The army shrunk as well, due to several small attempts to beat Clinton, none of which worked.

It is in this turn that not only Gentlemen Johnny arrives, but Cornwallis as well, with the former setting up shop with Clinton north of Boston, and Cornwallis south with Howe in the Heights. Leslie came over last turn into Boston itself, along with Kynph......sen guy.

The plan is for Clinton to stay put with a small force in Salem...I really don't like that dispirited leader trait. Johnny will move just north of the Peabody region to cut off that line of retreat. Howe/Cornwallis will stay put to cover the south, and Leslie will move to Lee's position. Leslie isn't activated this turn, so the real fun will have to wait until July.

arsan

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:08 am

Hi Mosby!

A picture is worth a thousand words! :D

Click on the little triangular arrow marked in red on the picture and a drop down menu with the pictures already attached to the post will appear (as you see on my example). The just click on the name of the picture you want to show and it will be inserted on the post (like the picture bellow is). :thumbsup:
Cheers!

(i will delete my post afterwards to not hijack your AAR ;)

[ATTACH]8069[/ATTACH]
Attachments
insert pictures.jpg

Mosby
Lieutenant

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:26 pm

That little arrow, gotcha.

That really does help quite a bit, thanks again Arsan!

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Aar

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:54 pm

Please don't be discouraged by an attempt to embarrass you to use pics! I usually read the text and ignore the pics. Can't see them very well. t :)

Rafiki

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:56 pm

tagwyn, noone's embarrassing anyone; Mosby is already including pictures with his posts, and arsan is being very forthcoming in showing Mosby how to better integrate the images in the AAR posts.
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Embarass?

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:01 pm

Arne: In your opinion! You are an opinionated rascal sometimes you know? t

Rafiki

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:15 pm

Takes one to know one, I guess.

[color="Blue"]Let's not hijack Mosby's thread anymore, shall we? If you feel a need to discuss this any further, PM me.[/color]

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Mosby
Lieutenant

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:31 pm

just happy that people are reading it.

It really doesn't bother me at all, in fact, it pushes the reply count up, to make it seem like it's popular or something :) .

I'll be putting up some more posts tonight...have a few more interviews to get through first.

Mosby
Lieutenant

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:12 pm

July 76

We see a victory, but not the entire defeat of the main rebel army. Lee loses a whopping 1600 men, while Cornwallis lost a mere 500. This pushed Lee out of my planned encirclement, but I am hot on his heels, and will do everything I can to keep him in my sights and into battles.

[ATTACH]8073[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8074[/ATTACH]

Tico will be assaulted this turn as well, other than that things should be quiet. I have the option to once again send over troops and mercs, so I choose those as well as some replacements.

I'm starting to feel the need to take objectives like New York or Philly and such, but I know that isn't the way I'll win, so I'll just have to keep myself on track.
Attachments
Battle July 76.jpg
July 76.jpg

Mosby
Lieutenant

Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:54 am

I'm starting to feel myself get bored with Ageod games...it's the lack of actual control that's bothering me. Battles that in my mind should have been total victories came back as major defeats. A thousand men losing to less than one hundred is unacceptable in my mind.

I know that Ageod games cover a different type of war than what I want, focusing on what it would be like to be the top dog, rather than a lowly general or whatever.

It's games like Rome Total War, or Crown of Glory that draws my attention. They let me focus on both the tactical battles allowing me to really come closer to my men, as well as MORE options for the entire war itself, like what to build where. I'm certaintly not bashing any of AGE's games, for I know that there will always be a time where I will come back to this, but it's just not now.

I'm sorry if I insulted anyone by saying this, as well as those who were reading this aar. I just have to take a bit of a break from this game for a bit. Thank you to everyone who helped me, Arsan in particular.

Rafiki

Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:05 am

The day we start considering honest opinions and constructive criticism/feedback presented in a non-offensive way as "insults", is the day I no longer am admin of these forums :)

Sorry to hear that you'll be taking a break, but looking forward to the AAR's continuation in the future :thumbsup:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

TiFlo
Captain

Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:12 pm

Yeaaah, another WIA aar!! :happyrun:

YEAaah.... Ok, just read your last post. I'm sorry to see you bored, but I'm sure no one will blame you for that. After all, to each his own, and you're definitely not alone here. I do alternate between both kinds of games, and the breaks always ensure a fresh come back.

Happy gaming, cheers :hat:
[CENTER]« Quel pays ! Quels hommes ! Quelle guerre ! Non, ma chère maman, votre enfant n'est pas fait pour habiter cette contrée barbare. »
[/CENTER]
[CENTER] Louis-Antoine de Bougainville, 1758
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[CENTER][color=DarkGreen]WIA 1.05 Patch[/color]
[/CENTER]

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America AARs”