arsan

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:53 pm

In case it helps, my base setup version of WIA is 1.01e.
And i have no problems at all with the 1.04c beta patch.
Regards

Ayeshteni
Captain

Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:26 pm

Carnium wrote:One really stupid question for both of you. Is there a chance that you forgot to exit the game before applying the patch or do you have any of the game files in use/locked while applying the patch ?

Vanilla is 1.01e for me.

It is the beta patch that is the problem for us alas.

Game isn't running while patching. Don't know what you mean by in use/locked files; basically I install, download patch to root War in America directory, unzip, extract exe, double-click on exe, follow instructions to install the patch to the correct directory.

Ayeshteni
"You, O English, who have no right to this Kingdom of France, the King of Heaven orders and commands you through me, Joan the Maid, to leave your fortress and return to your country, and if you do not, so I shall make an uproar that will be perpetually remembered! Behold that I write to you for the third and final time: I shall write to you no further." - Jehanne d'Arc, Orleans 1428

lodilefty

Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:50 pm

This may be a really silly idea, but put the patch exe file somewhere other than in the Wars in America folder before you execute it.

I have no idea why or if it matters, but I have my setup and patches collected in a completely separate folder. Maybe something obscure has happened with the latest version :blink:

The patch can 'find' your game without 'being there'
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Franciscus

Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:54 am

Probably of no help, but on my PC, no errors on WIA loading - WinXP SP2, WIA digital download (do not know the version, but it was the first available :D ), patch 1.04c over previous available patch.

lodilefty

Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:02 am

Franciscus wrote:Probably of no help, but on my PC, no errors on WIA loading - WinXP SP2, WIA digital download (do not know the version, but it was the first available :D ), patch 1.04c over previous available patch.

Thanks. :)

When problem solving, we can never have too much data... :thumbsup:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Hok
General

Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:19 pm

Have you two area.ini files ? One in WIA/Alias directory and another in WIA/GameData ?

Ian Coote
Major

Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:33 pm

Hi Hok,I do have 2 Areas.ini files.Deleted the one in alias folder and tried again,but still got the same result at start up.Game still seems to run ok though,up to turn 8 with no crashes.

Hok
General

Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:41 pm

Ian Coote wrote:Hi Hok,I do have 2 Areas.ini files.Deleted the one in alias folder and tried again,but still got the same result at start up.Game still seems to run ok though,up to turn 8 with no crashes.

Send me your area.ini file when you can Ian.

Thank you !

Ian Coote
Major

Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:08 pm

Hi Hok,I think I sent it ok,let me know if you got it.

Ayeshteni
Captain

Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:28 pm

Hok wrote:Have you two area.ini files ? One in WIA/Alias directory and another in WIA/GameData ?

I also have two areas.ini files.

The one in GameData is 45.4 kb
The one in Aliases is 26.0 kb.

will zip them up and attach:

Ayeshteni
Attachments
areasini.rar
(19.25 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
"You, O English, who have no right to this Kingdom of France, the King of Heaven orders and commands you through me, Joan the Maid, to leave your fortress and return to your country, and if you do not, so I shall make an uproar that will be perpetually remembered! Behold that I write to you for the third and final time: I shall write to you no further." - Jehanne d'Arc, Orleans 1428

lodilefty

Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:31 pm

Ayeshteni wrote:I also have two areas.ini files.

The one in GameData is 45.4 kb
The one in Aliases is 26.0 kb.

will zip them up and attach:

Ayeshteni

You can try deleting the Areas.ini that is in Aliases to see if it helps.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Ayeshteni
Captain

Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:03 pm

lodilefty wrote:You can try deleting the Areas.ini that is in Aliases to see if it helps.

Alas no, as with Ian Coote I still get the same errors.

Do the areasExtInfos.ini files matter? As it seems to be also duplicated.

Ayeshteni

arsan

Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:17 pm

Hi!
In case it helps... i also have those two areas.ini files too.
But the game starts and appears to work normally :confused:
Regards

Hok
General

Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:06 am

Ian, Ayeshteni

i'll need your regions.ini file (it is in WIA/Alias directory)

Thank you !

Ayeshteni
Captain

Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:55 am

Hok wrote:Ian, Ayeshteni

i'll need your regions.ini file (it is in WIA/Alias directory)

Thank you !

Here you go.

Aye.
Attachments
regions.rar
(10.27 KiB) Downloaded 243 times

Hok
General

Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:15 pm

Ok,

We will try this :
- extract TerrainsTypes.rar in WIA/alias directory (override terrainsType.ini file)
- extract Abilities.rar in WIA/GameData/Abilities/ (override too)

and launch (/pray)
Attachments
Abilities.rar
(1.87 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
TerrainsTypes.rar
(352 Bytes) Downloaded 252 times

Ian Coote
Major

Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi Hok,yea that fixed it,no error message now,works fine thanks.You guys have got the best customer support out there.

Hok
General

Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:25 pm

Thank you Ian ! :thumbsup:

Ayeshteni, is your bug fixed ?

Ayeshteni
Captain

Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:08 am

Hok wrote:Thank you Ian ! :thumbsup:

Ayeshteni, is your bug fixed ?

No error messages. :thumbsup:

Aye.

joe
Lieutenant

Error messages

Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:36 pm

I seem to be having the same problem with my games stopped with error messages. I recently bougth version 1.01 and then up graded to 1.04c. I have no modifications. When this first happened yesterday I removed the game completely and reinstalled with the same error messages occuring.

I noticed that some people that had the exact same problems corrected their situation by extracting and replacing the two files mentioned in a previous post. I have tried to do the same but I can't get the files to extract. I have the files in the correct folders but when I look at them using note pad it is just a bunch of symbols and letters. At this point you probably realize I don't understand everything I know about downloading and replacing files.

Any help would be most welcome. ( By the way I use windows XP)

Thank you

Joe

lodilefty

Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:09 pm

joe wrote:I seem to be having the same problem with my games stopped with error messages. I recently bougth version 1.01 and then up graded to 1.04c. I have no modifications. When this first happened yesterday I removed the game completely and reinstalled with the same error messages occuring.

I noticed that some people that had the exact same problems corrected their situation by extracting and replacing the two files mentioned in a previous post. I have tried to do the same but I can't get the files to extract. I have the files in the correct folders but when I look at them using note pad it is just a bunch of symbols and letters. At this point you probably realize I don't understand everything I know about downloading and replacing files.

Any help would be most welcome. ( By the way I use windows XP)

Thank you

Joe

The files mentioned are included in patch 1.04c, so something else has happened... [they are WinRar archives, which is why you can't read them as is]

Please send an email to support@ageod.com
Attach the files in your Wars in America\WIA\Logs folder
[CENTER][/CENTER]

joe
Lieutenant

Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:42 am

Thanks Lodilefty. I'm showing my ignorance, but I went through all the logs and did not find an error message. I had loaded the game after it crashed with the error message and it has run a few turns without any errors reported. Should I still send those logs or wait until it happens again and then send?

Thanks again.

Joe

lodilefty

Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:51 am

joe wrote:Thanks Lodilefty. I'm showing my ignorance, but I went through all the logs and did not find an error message. I had loaded the game after it crashed with the error message and it has run a few turns without any errors reported. Should I still send those logs or wait until it happens again and then send?

Thanks again.

Joe

Wait for to reoccur...

..hopefully, it won't! :w00t:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “WIA Technical support / Aide technique”