Flop
Major

Crash in Lord Dunmore's War

Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:36 pm

This has happened to me 3 times now. It happens when I've loaded some troops onto a ship and ordered the ship to move and unload the troops. The next turn the ship had moved, but hadn't had time to unload the troops yet. I decided I'd rather have the troops go somewhere else, but when I tried to manipulate them, the game crashed.

Anyway, I realise I'm supposed to send some files to Ageod's support department, but I'm not sure which files and where to find them. You may want to consider making a sticky with instructions.

I'm sure this bug should be easy to recreate, since I restarted several times and had the exact same thing happen (yeah, I know, I changed my mind about where to send the troops in each game. I'm still learning ok. :) ).

lodilefty

Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:51 pm

Sorry you are having problems. :(

If you got the "Serious Error" message, and answered "yes", you will find a file in your Wars in America folder named [color="Red"]AgeCrashInfo.zip[/color] Just upload that here or email it to support@ageod.com

If you did not get the message asking you to send the files, then zip all the files in WIA\Logs, as well as the saved game files in WIA\Saves. Then email or upload here...

Good suggestion re: post a sticky :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:19 pm

Hi!

I've tried many things to recreate your CTD, but cannot. :confused:

Exactly what orders did you give on turn that caused CTD?
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Flop
Major

Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:24 pm

Are you using version 1.01f? The guy from the support department said he couldn't recreate it either, and that it might have already been fixed in the betapatch he was using.

Anyway, I've had this happen in the indepence war campaign too. It happens when I order a fleet with troops loaded on to move and disembark. Sometimes there is enough time for the ships to move to their destination, but not enough for the troops to disembark, in which case they'll be separated from the ships and they'll be standing in the river zone with a move order to the land province they're disembarking to. If I change my mind about having them disembark there and try to drag them back onto the ships, the game crashes (actually, I believe it crashes no matter where I try to drag them, but I'm not sure).

lodilefty

Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:36 pm

Yes I'm also testing the next beta, that could be why :o

Good news is we appear to have fixed it in the upcoming patch! :thumbsup:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “WIA Technical support / Aide technique”