bardosy
Conscript

Bugs in 1.01f

Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:47 am

Hello there!

I played with v1.01f at weekend and I found these bugs:
(I played as British in big (104turns) campaign)

1., Before I activate the "Royal Pardon", I got 4-7% Tory royalty near Boston. But After Royal Pardon I got -8 (minus eight) and -11%... :( I guess, it's a bug.

2., It's possible not a bug, but I don't understand. I stamp lot of times the "Send more merchants" and the engine approve this (so I got message: more merchants wait your orders in England.) But I never got merchants... Not in England, not in Halifax, nowhere... :( (

3., Sometimes I got a strange (technically) message with lot of underline (_) like in a programming language, like this ENG_BTR_techUpgrd....

PhilThib

Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:57 am

We'll go through all these and check thoroughly points 1-2. We shall keep you posted here.
Point 3 is a missing text. :wacko:

bardosy
Conscript

Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:53 am

Thank you!
I just post these, to help you improve this fantastic game!

I attached a screenshot about the minus value of Tory loyal...
Attachments
WIAbug.jpg

Hok
General

Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:16 am

Thank you for the screen.

bardosy
Conscript

Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:55 am

About problem 2.,

I continue the game without useing this option (because it was useless when I report the bug). But later I got a lot of EP and no option to choose only "send more merchants", so I tried it again, and now I got a merchant ship to Halifax.
I was happy and I use this option when I could, but sometimes I got brig or any light warship and not a merchant. It's OK? It's a feature?

Hok
General

Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:06 am

bardosy wrote:About problem 2.,

I continue the game without useing this option (because it was useless when I report the bug). But later I got a lot of EP and no option to choose only "send more merchants", so I tried it again, and now I got a merchant ship to Halifax.
I was happy and I use this option when I could, but sometimes I got brig or any light warship and not a merchant. It's OK? It's a feature?

It's two different options, one for merchant ships and another for warships.

Are you sure you activate only "More merchant" ?

bardosy
Conscript

Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:36 am

Yes, I'm sure. When I used the send more ship, it's working nice (I got warship in Halifax). But when I used send more merchants option, I got strange resolution: in the early game I got noting (not a brig, not a merchant). In the late game (now) I got merchant or a brig...

lodilefty

Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:11 pm

bardosy wrote:Yes, I'm sure. When I used the send more ship, it's working nice (I got warship in Halifax). But when I used send more merchants option, I got strange resolution: in the early game I got noting (not a brig, not a merchant). In the late game (now) I got merchant or a brig...

We'll need your save game from a turn where nothing [or warship] shows up when you bought merchants. The turn of arrival, and one turn previous will be enough :)

I did find that the text for merchants mentions London, but they actually arrive in Halifax. That will be corrected.

Thank you for the reports :thumbsup:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

bardosy
Conscript

Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:44 pm

I guess, I have no more the savegame when I got noting, because (if I recognize right) the game delete the older save files. And I don't know how can I check what save files is the good (when I request the merchant and when I got a Brig) without lose my current position. If I use 'Home' key, it rollback one month... but lose the current month, isn't it?

lodilefty

Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:21 pm

bardosy wrote:I guess, I have no more the savegame when I got noting, because (if I recognize right) the game delete the older save files. And I don't know how can I check what save files is the good (when I request the merchant and when I got a Brig) without lose my current position. If I use 'Home' key, it rollback one month... but lose the current month, isn't it?

Yes, but the game save up to 24 turns. The file will be huge if you include all, but perhaps it can be emailed to support@ageod.com
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Return to “WIA Technical support / Aide technique”