lodilefty

Manual errata

Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:19 pm

Please post here any corrections you'd like to see in the manual.

Thanks!
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Hobbes

Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:19 pm

16.1.2 :-
an increased chance for successful ‘March to the Sound of the Guns’ checks

should be removed.

Cheers, Chris

Rafiki

Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:33 pm

Moved the stuff about National Morale Coefficients into a thread of its own, since it went a fair bit outside manual errata; can be found here: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=9612

Still, if the manual doesn't explain it, it might warrant a paragraph and a table or suchlike :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Pocus

Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:40 am

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Carnium

Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:58 am

Cougar_DK
Conscript

Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:21 am

Just started reading the manual and has of now found these small things:
  • 2.4 Saving Games
    The text "Players also have the option of restoring the previous 24 turns of any Saved game but note that a Saved game is lost
    once an ‘older’ turn of that game is restored" is repeated two times
  • 4.1 Tour of Main Screen
    The Austerlitz scenario? :siffle:

Primasprit

Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:38 am

Page 51: Note: In order to receive an entire element as a replacement for an element that has been lost, the receiving unit may
not be a component of a Division. It must be located on the map as a Force independent of any Division or Corps.

This sentence should be removed from all manuals. :)

GShock

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:05 am

(6.3)

Am surprised about the promotion system...the mannual states there's no such promotion system as seen in other ageod games but well....there is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We ain't going down!

GShock

Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:42 am

Note mentions DIV/Corps. Suppress.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We ain't going down!

GShock

Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:55 am

Final post on the subject (and sorry for the repeated posts but they are to ensure that peeps hitting the "new posts" button see there's an update in this thread):

I completed the scan of the pdf manual and there seem to be no further discrepancies. I am positive i read in the manual about "blockade box and shipping box" and since there's no blockade box (as in AACW) this should be fixed.

I was unable to find this text in the pdf search but am too lazy to go back on the printed pages. If the manual has been "patched" then ok, otherwise this is the only thing remaining to assign a chapter to. I will probably get there at the next re-reads of the manual.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We ain't going down!

PhilThib

Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:42 am

I can send you the MS-Word version if you wish (not before Monday though) :niark: :siffle:

GShock

Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:29 am

I was unable to find the word "Blockade Box" in the manual, again...both at reading the printed pdf and with the pdf search...at this point i think i must have dreamt it...

I did find something new though.

5.1 -> hitting CTRL key should display manpower of a unit like in AACW but this doesn't seem to work...perhaps the feature is disabled or perhaps i hit one ctrl instead of the other? If the latter case is in place, then the exact key should be specified.

EDIT: The number of men appears in the stack recap on top of unit box differently from AACW where each unit displays its numbers. Don't know if this is WAD but the CTRL key works indeed to show the total manpower.

Notes 10.5 and 1.6 likely contain a section to refer to that wasn't indexed at the time the pdf was created. This explains why the text "Erreur ! .... " appears in these two notes.

I have completed the scan on the manual and i am relatively sure there's nothing else missing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We ain't going down!

Return to “Help to improve WIA”