Canon
Lieutenant

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but.....

Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:56 am

In the latest Quick Fix for the Legacy Patch I can no longer enter structures on the move. The button that allows you to enter the settlement at the end of your move refuses to be pushed in. Before the Quick Fix it was fine.

Pocus

Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:44 pm

The BOA2 executable is using latest common code which underwent some cleaning about special orders, there was some inconsistencies there and there. Now, and it is WAD, only bombard can be used when the stack is not active. If this the case for you?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Canon
Lieutenant

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:13 pm

Pocus wrote:The BOA2 executable is using latest common code which underwent some cleaning about special orders, there was some inconsistencies there and there. Now, and it is WAD, only bombard can be used when the stack is not active. If this the case for you?

Yes and no. The restriction on non activated leaders is working, as most special orders are not available (but enter structure [which is available] cannot be used).

But even with an active leader, Ambush, Enter Structure, and Force March all appear to be available but refuse to be "clicked", and therefore cannot be used.

The other special orders (Build Fort/Depot, Destroy Fort/Depot, Promote, Evade Combat, Transport Unload, Sortie, etc.) all appear to be working fine.

Hobbes

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:20 pm

If I understand this correctly a stack can't now enter a structure if it has an inactive leader (on the move)?
If so that doesn't reflect any real world situation and will just lead to the unrealistic jettisoning of inactive leaders from stacks before a move.

It is always a problem when an inactive leader gives more of a penalty than no leader at all if the leader can be removed from the stack.
Worse if the penalty is not realistic.

Cheers,
Chris

Hobbes

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:33 pm

Canon wrote:Yes and no. The restriction on non activated leaders is working, as most special orders are not available (but enter structure [which is available] cannot be used).

But even with an active leader, Ambush, Enter Structure, and Force March all appear to be available but refuse to be "clicked", and therefore cannot be used.

The other special orders (Build Fort/Depot, Destroy Fort/Depot, Promote, Evade Combat, Transport Unload, Sortie, etc.) all appear to be working fine.

This rings a bell. I'm sure there was a problem in the past with special orders showing as available but not being clickable.
Enter structure should always be an available option though - inactive leader or not.

Canon
Lieutenant

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:57 pm

Hobbes wrote:If I understand this correctly a stack can't now enter a structure if it has an inactive leader (on the move)?
If so that doesn't reflect any real world situation and will just lead to the unrealistic jettisoning of inactive leaders from stacks before a move.

It is always a problem when an inactive leader gives more of a penalty than no leader at all if the leader can be removed from the stack.
Worse if the penalty is not realistic.

Cheers,
Chris

I've always wondered why un-led stacks are activated, because then it leads to gamey problems of splitting up leaders and troops when on the move to arrive faster. But I realise that there would be other problems if it was reversed, so I'm content with how it works.

Hobbes wrote:This rings a bell. I'm sure there was a problem in the past with special orders showing as available but not being clickable.
Enter structure should always be an available option though - inactive leader or not.

Enter Structure is shown to be available at all times, activated or not, but cannot be clicked either way.

Hobbes

Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:28 pm

It would be best if any leaderless stack acted as if it was led by a 0-0-0 inactive leader. A stack without a leader should not be able to do things that a stack with an inactive leader cannot. There are still problems in so much as an inactive leader can be dumped out of a stack in favour of an active subordinate but it would be better. If the main leader in a region starts a turn inactive maybe all other subordinate leaders in the same region should also be set to inactive even if they are not part of the stack - snag then that small independent forces in the region suffer.

lodilefty

Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:54 pm

Confirmed bug.

I see that the Forced Matrch, Enter structure, and Ambush show available but cannot be selected, regargdless of leader status [with/without leader, active or not]

Pfui.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Pocus

Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:26 pm

Good catch, again it was because the code checks things more consistently now and these 3 ones were not tested properly everywhere... Will fix that asap, sorry.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

lodilefty

Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:37 pm

Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Canon
Lieutenant

Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:33 pm

Once again, many thanks!!! Never seen a company provide a fix in two days! Well done!!!

Pocus

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:54 am

We would not do half of that if Lodi was not around... Cheers to the volunteers I say!!

Return to “Help to improve WIA”