lodilefty

WIA {Public beta} Patch 1.10c RC2a = October 14, 2012

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:32 pm

Barring catastrophic issues, this will become the Legacy patch.

This patch is comprehensive, containing all changes since the original release of WIA [version 1.00b]

• Game Engine [updated to version 121011]

• You can now disembark troops from a fleet trapped in ice.
    • Cavalry will no longer assault Forts, even if breached
    • Siege improvements [supplementing rules added in version 1.08]

• Besieged forces will now take attrition hits every turn, in proportion of their number and how the siege roll went (anti over-crowding rule).
      • If too many breaches accumulated, then a surrender roll is always possible (whatever the presence of a depot, super elite troops, etc.)
      • Each breach will make the besieged consume an extra 5% of his normal supply usage. The purpose of this rule is that by upping the supply usage, you'll have more chances to have your supply depleted enough so that the depot (or supply wagon) can't provide its 'surrender protection' to the besieged force. For the rationale, just consider that the breaches are also making depots and stocks explode or be wasted, as you get shelled pretty heavily, etc...
      • Fixed a bug where a lone sneaky leader could prevent a siege to happen, even if siege indicator was correctly shown
    • A retreating army can now split static units (abandon them) to escape better
    • If an attack is called off without routing (aka AutoRetreat), the attacking forces will revert to defensive posture but won’t retreat in another region.
    • A too low cohesion can make a stack call off an assault, aggressive leaders will have a tendency to force the troops though.
    • Added Overcrowding rule:

• The overcrowding rule exists to penalize (rather substantially) forces that are too numerous to defend adequately in-cityscape structures (mostly cities and forts). As with other rules, the engine is not prohibiting in 'a hard way' troops to be stationed en masse in a given structure, as it would pose very large problems to handle for the interface, then the AI. Instead, it follows the philosophy of 'you can do it, but that's not optimal'...
      • See Wiki article at: http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Overcrowding_Rule
    • Exported several additional Game parameters [see \Settings .opt files]
    • Enabled new Main Menu Options:

• 120 DPI fonts
      • Dynamic Borders [caution: may cause slow map scrolling]
    • Reduced “away from home” move penalty [affects Militia and Irregular Units that have a defined “home area”]
    • Fixed a bug whereby a unit under siege could always escape from the region using a specific sequence of Movement orders, Passive posture, and Evasive Move Special Order settings
    • Enable Dynamic Borders to view the boundary between controlled areas. [may affect map scrolling speed] See Main Menu – System
  • Events

• 1755 Campaign [original and COL variant]

• The Spanish transport at Penacola now unlocks when Spain enters the war
    • 1689 King William's War

• Added check for absence of an existing fort to the French Option to build a fort at Quebec
  • Graphics, Text, Models and Units:

• Includes all Models, Units and Graphics for King Philip's War mod
    • Changed all Leaders with “Entrencher” ability to have “Defensive Engineer”
    • Spansh Naval units now all have 0 Command Cost
    • Latest version of LocalStrings__AGE.csv included
    • Corrected several text references for Units and Models

• Unit UID 700 $Unit_ShortName_GBR_ArtPW
      • Model UID 711 $Model_ShortName_ING_UncasKW
    • Unit Home Area changes

• Rangers, Mountain Boys and Couereurs now “at home” anywhere in North America
      • American Riflemen and Morgan's Light Infantry are “at home” anywhere in North America
    • Completed a review and update of AutoRaise rule assignments to Units.
  • Documentation

• The Strategic Maps created by Emx77 are included. Thank you!!!
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Taijian
Private

Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:10 pm

Thank you!

This should be save game compatible with RC1, right? Asking because I'm in the middle of a War of 1812 PBEM.

Hobbes

Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:33 pm

Hi Taijian, as far as I know it should be compatible. I don't remember a patch that wasn't at least.

Cheers,
Chris

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:09 am

About this forum: How can we change the color of the fonts?
The patch changes are written black on black.
Edit: Ok I can switch to VB4 Default Style (very bottom left), instead of DarkVision, to be able to read.
It seems the DarkVision style needs to be mended (exemple the main white font on DarkV is changed by black one on default style, so the black font on DarkV could be auto changed by white or yellow).

lodilefty

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:02 pm

ERISS wrote:About this forum: How can we change the color of the fonts?
The patch changes are written black on black.
Edit: Ok I can switch to VB4 Default Style (very bottom left), instead of DarkVision, to be able to read.
It seems the DarkVision style needs to be mended (exemple the main white font on DarkV is changed by black one on default style, so the black font on DarkV could be auto changed by white or yellow).

Sorry about that! I was testing an experimental color setup and oops!!! :bonk:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Taijian
Private

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:43 pm

lodilefty wrote:Barring catastrophic issues, this will become the Legacy patch.

So I guess this is the last chance to get changes/issues with the game to your attention?

Having recently played the Revolutionary War scenario (1775), I have some questions that I would be grateful for you to address before finalizing the patch.

1) Could you include an explanation of the 'Foreign Entry' mechanic in the RW in the patch notes? This could include the clarification of the events after FE hits the limit (posted elsewhere on this forum), but I mean the actual mechanic governing the gain of FE 'points'. In AACW this is explaned (in the manual/wiki), but for WIA I am not aware of such an explanation. That would make it easier for players to evaluate the utility of the decisions available to influence FE generation.

2) In the 1812 scenarion we're currently engaged in, the FE counter has also moved. Is this WAD?

3) Going back to the RW - I know that there are events in place that penalize a GBR player for a) not controlling theatres and b) not destroying the Continental Army. For balance reasons, could you also include such events for the USA player in case he chooses to abandon theatres? In my recent game the US player withdrew all of his forces to Dorchester Heights and Richmond, build level 3 depots and just turtled there. Very difficult to dislodge, but the quintessential winning strategy - he knows the French are going to come sooner or later, due to loyalty influence on supply production and movement speed, the British cannot effectively shadow these monster armies with their own troops, and there's no penalty for abandoning 90% of the colonies to the British.

4) In the FIW, we found that the game can effectivly be won on victory points simply by conquering Louisbourg. The VP reward to the British and the penalty to the French are so large that pretty much everything else that happens in the scenario is irrelevant, barring some really major stupidity/incompetence on the part of the British player. IIRC my VP lead of 300 points turned into a 100 point deficit simply by virtue of the city changing hands, even though I managed to evacuate most of the garrison (fixed guns cannot be moved, so those surrendered). So maybe you could take a look at this balance issue?

lodilefty

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:06 pm

Taijian wrote:So I guess this is the last chance to get changes/issues with the game to your attention?

Having recently played the Revolutionary War scenario (1775), I have some questions that I would be grateful for you to address before finalizing the patch.

1) Could you include an explanation of the 'Foreign Entry' mechanic in the RW in the patch notes? This could include the clarification of the events after FE hits the limit (posted elsewhere on this forum), but I mean the actual mechanic governing the gain of FE 'points'. In AACW this is explaned (in the manual/wiki), but for WIA I am not aware of such an explanation. That would make it easier for players to evaluate the utility of the decisions available to influence FE generation.

2) In the 1812 scenarion we're currently engaged in, the FE counter has also moved. Is this WAD?

3) Going back to the RW - I know that there are events in place that penalize a GBR player for a) not controlling theatres and b) not destroying the Continental Army. For balance reasons, could you also include such events for the USA player in case he chooses to abandon theatres? In my recent game the US player withdrew all of his forces to Dorchester Heights and Richmond, build level 3 depots and just turtled there. Very difficult to dislodge, but the quintessential winning strategy - he knows the French are going to come sooner or later, due to loyalty influence on supply production and movement speed, the British cannot effectively shadow these monster armies with their own troops, and there's no penalty for abandoning 90% of the colonies to the British.

4) In the FIW, we found that the game can effectivly be won on victory points simply by conquering Louisbourg. The VP reward to the British and the penalty to the French are so large that pretty much everything else that happens in the scenario is irrelevant, barring some really major stupidity/incompetence on the part of the British player. IIRC my VP lead of 300 points turned into a 100 point deficit simply by virtue of the city changing hands, even though I managed to evacuate most of the garrison (fixed guns cannot be moved, so those surrendered). So maybe you could take a look at this balance issue?

1) Yes
2) It has no effect in the scenario, so ignore it.
3)&4) Sorry, too much to change: Modder opportunity...
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve WIA”