Ebbingford

Double messages and no show by mentioned force.

Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:57 pm

Playing with 1.10RC4, PBEM game
Playing as the Brits I have just had the message that Tarleton and Watson have raised forces for the crown. This message appears twice, and when I click on it I get taken to Charleston which is still rebel controlled. No sign of Tarleton and Watson anywhere.
Save and backup attached.
As a side note when I took the option to raise some elite replacements earlier in the game, none showed up, neither did the regular replacement. I haven't got a save of this.
If I read it correct you should get one or the other, shouldn't you? 30% for elite, 70% for regular?
Attachments
1775EbbSq.rar
(883.63 KiB) Downloaded 289 times

squarian
Brigadier General

Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:04 pm

In the same save, various American elements will not restore hits, despite being at 100% supply, on depot, with replacement chits available, for multiple turns.

lodilefty

Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

I'll look, but why aren't you running 1.10 official?
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Ebbingford

Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:15 pm

We had already started before the official 1.10 patch came out.......
Perhaps we should restart?

Ebbingford

Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:21 pm

squarian wrote:In the same save, various American elements will not restore hits, despite being at 100% supply, on depot, with replacement chits available, for multiple turns.

IIRC replacement chits are not needed for this. The amount of hits that are restored is a factor of how much supply is available to that unit. If a town is producing say 50 supply per turn and all your forces there use 49 per turn, then hits will be recovered slowly. If your forces only use 20 of the 50 supply available then hits are recovered more quickly. I'm not sure if winter lessens the amount as well. You should see the state of my forces!!! :blink:

lodilefty

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:16 pm

Wow, what a messy event! ["Legacy" ported from BoA, so commands have subtly changed]

1. Tarleton/Watson are there in your save, in region Manque [more on this to come]
2. There is no real check for region control at Charleston, so they appear in last selected region [more on this..]
3. A separate GenMsg command was in there, which caused double message, centered on Charleston [more on...]
4. The region selection was in Conditions, ]more...

So:
After checking for region Charleston with "NoEnemy", the first message was generated
Then, per code WAD, the next adjacent region without enemy was selected. adjacent to Charleston
The we enter Actions
Generate second message, centered on region next to Charleston
Then, the Loyalty of Area GA was adjusted, thus selecting and changing each region one-by-one
Guess what? The last region adjusted was Manque
Then Tarleton and Watson were created!!!

Fixed:
Remove the double message
No longer require Charleston clear per se [still do "British in South, etc. checks]
Check the $Deep_South for owned [controlled] cities
Select randomly one of these, with bias toward larger cities
Create Watson/Tarleton
then, adjust Loyalty in GA

voila! The boys appeard in Savannah on one test, Wilmington on another!

==================================================
Re supply/regaining hits
No replacements are needed to regain hits, but examining one extreme situation [I won't name it, so's not to divulge any extra intelligence to your enemy], there are huge numbers of damaged forces, and supply units that are not yet filled up. Just barely enough supply to slowly fill the wagons, so probably not enough to repair very many hits. Also, Port blocked by foul weather.

Spread out!
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve WIA”