lodilefty

WIA {Public Beta} patch 1.10 Release Candidate 4a = February 21, 2012

Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:59 pm

One more time!
We hope to make this offical within 1 week!

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/patch_WIA_v1.10_RC4a.zip

Changes since official patch 1.09a:

This patch is comprehensive, containing all changes since the original release of WIA [1.00b]
=======================================================================================================
[CENTER]Wars in America Update 1.10 – RC4a[/CENTER]
February 21 , 2012
[size=84]=======================================================================================================
[/size]

• 1779 Galvez Scenario: Corrected Military Control in Cuba at start to avoid starvation.
    • This change is only effective in new games.
  • Fixed bug where Pillagers were ravaging friendly regions
  • Fixed bug that prevented AutoRaise of units in scenarios with Loyalty Rule off [FIW, 1812, Native Wars]
  • Modified Leader Affinities to help AI assign Army leaders
  • 1689 King Williams War: Corrected Military Option
  • Engine updated to newest standard
[1.10 RC3]
  • Engine updated to latest standard
  • Sounds are now Aliased [see Sounds.ini in WIA\Aliases]
  • Corrected more reference errors in text, events, models and units (thank you Lafrite for the Python© script checking tools)
  • 1755 Campaign, 1755 COL Variant:
    • Added option for GBR to purchase 1 Regular Infantry for Colonial Troops [Provos in COL variant]
    • Corrected purchase cost of Regular Infantry Replacement option

[1.10 RC2]
  • 1689 KWW: Corrected several event reference errors (thank you Lafrite for the Python© script checking tools)
  • 1755 Campaign, 1755 COL Variant:
    • Fixed French notification of Spanish declaration of war.
[1.10 RC1]
  • Latest Game Engine update
  • Added Army Outliner, as seen in RoP.
  • This is a shortcut that will take you directly to your armies (3 Star Generals commanding a Stack) present on the map.
  • You see the portrait of the Army commander (face), nationality (background color and shield) and name.
  • The displayed images can be "collapsed" or "expanded" by clicking on the small star to the left of the leader's name.
  • Added parameters to GameLogic.opt to allow modification of Cohesion losses during battles (to help regulate multi-day battles)
    • Values set at defaults, so no behavior changes expected in this patch.
  • Added parameter to prevent ''premature massive retirement'' of leaders
  • 1755 Campaign, 1755 COL Variant: Changed name of the British Fleet arriving in response to Spanish declaration of War.
  • Corrected several Localized text reference omissions (thank you Lafrite for the Python© script checking tools)

[1.09b RC2]
  • Latest Game Engine update
  • Corrected Text and message errors in 1763 Pontiac's War
  • 1755 Campaign, 1755 COL Campaign: Corrected Military Control in Cuba at start to avoid starvation.
    • This change is only effective in new games.
  • Fixed the “Close Window” button on the Element Detail
  • Corrected region alias error in SubFactionsGreene.inc

[1.09b RC1]
  • Fixed Major Road definition in region 366Rappahannock – all Scenarios updated
    • This region adjustment will only take effect in new games
  • Game Engine update fixes the function of Major Roads
  • New parameters in GameLogic.opt to control effect of Major Roads
See the Read Me in your Windows Start menu for the complete change log and gameplay comments.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:57 pm

Silence is Golden!

Any reason this version should not be official, speak now!

Silence constitutes consent. :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Hobbes

Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:24 pm

Myself and Havely have been playing with RC3 without problem - probably too late to try RC4a now as I am busy with work and she needs a short break.
But RC3 certainly seems OK! (apart from the 3* army leaders going native problem). I noticed the pillage problem in RC3 so glad to hear that is fixed.

Thanks,
Chris

Ebbingford

Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:50 am

Squarian and I are playing the FIW, colonial variant, in a game started under this patch.
Something seems to be not quite right with the auto garrison. A garrison can be mustered and then fight and be destroyed, and then later in the turn another garrison is mustered. Will post a save next time I see it.
On the same note Squarian took Richmond from me and a French auto garrison unit appeared there. Again is this WAD? Should French units be able to auto garrison deep in British territory?

Here is a save, the garrison was mustered in Augusta, it was then wiped out and another garrison mustered.
Attachments
Autogarrison.rar
(347.2 KiB) Downloaded 330 times

Ebbingford

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:03 am

On another note it looks like the EP that should be spent on some options are not working properly.
I had 40 EP, I selected the 2 extra units in Halifax option for 35EP. The next turn my merchant fleets generate 4EP.
I would have thought I should have had about 9EP the next turn, plus what my strategic holdings give me.
I have actually got 21? It doesn't look right.
The save in my post above also has this in it.

squarian
Brigadier General

Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:50 am

If the French colonial bn popping up in Richmond is WAD, then I'm Wilma the Dancing Gopher.

Durk

Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:54 am

Well Wilma, I would love to see you dance.

I was bothered by the automatic garrison rule in the Seven Years Wars campaigns when I first explored the scenarios of this sub-era of WIA. I have come to believe this is an important component of the scenarios of this era.

Loyalties are in flux. Not everyone in the British colonies is English. So it represents those who are tending to align themselves with other factions of the era. The colonials were not all gung-ho to support a militarizing colonial policy. Some favored defense of home, especially those vulnerable to the depredations of Indian allies of both sides.

Neither the British nor the French thought the colonial militia were worth spending resources upon. It would not be too much of a stretch for hotheads in Richmond to disdain British promise of fidelity for the immediate succor of French arms.

As a game component, it allows the French to explore other options than a decent from the north.

So, not such a bad option.

lodilefty

Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:49 pm

Ebbingford wrote:Squarian and I are playing the FIW, colonial variant, in a game started under this patch.
Something seems to be not quite right with the auto garrison. A garrison can be mustered and then fight and be destroyed, and then later in the turn another garrison is mustered. Will post a save next time I see it.
On the same note Squarian took Richmond from me and a French auto garrison unit appeared there. Again is this WAD? Should French units be able to auto garrison deep in British territory?

Here is a save, the garrison was mustered in Augusta, it was then wiped out and another garrison mustered.

WAD. FIW does not use the Loyalty Rules [probably the only AGE scenarios outside of BoA that don't] so no check is made. Some adjustment by "Theater" is possible, but I'd like to put that on the 'improvements' list....

...unless I'm "in the mood" while dealing with:

Ebbingford wrote:On another note it looks like the EP that should be spent on some options are not working properly.
I had 40 EP, I selected the 2 extra units in Halifax option for 35EP. The next turn my merchant fleets generate 4EP.
I would have thought I should have had about 9EP the next turn, plus what my strategic holdings give me.
I have actually got 21? It doesn't look right.
The save in my post above also has this in it.

Ratz. The option event actually costs 25 EP for this, tooltip is wrong. :bonk:

40 + 4 from shipping +2 from controlled objectives = 46 - 25 = 21

Sigh. I guess I gotta go through all the ^%#%#&&%$ options and text strings to check for consistency...

Did I ever tell you that I hate tooltips that "hard code" specific costs or benefits????? :mad: :cursing: :crying:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

squarian
Brigadier General

Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:04 pm

I've had a mixed force at Augusta for several turns now. Auto-garrison militia keep popping up, I keep slamming them down. The last turn, the garrison surrendered, so I gained 1 NM - but a new garrison immediately turned up.

I can probably milk this situation for several turns to come, probably gain 2-3 NM and a packet of VP, until Ebbingford musters a force, sends it south and chases me back into the bush. Whereupon, I'll just pick another location to play whack-a-mole and scoop up some free VPs.

In the words of Abraham Lincoln, "if this is coffee, please bring me tea. If this is tea, please bring me coffee".

Narwhal

Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:22 pm

I remember that even in a previous version, Autogarrison would carry on popping up, and popping up, and popping up. In my AAR against Loki for the FIW, I seem to remember that Grandpré had a whole army after one year of siege, each new garrison bringing supply to the other dudes.

I should have reported back then, but it did not look like a bug TOO much, I just thought I was unlucky with the autogarrison, but maybe not...

Ebbingford

Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:27 pm

Squarian and I have restarted now, autogarrison is now "off". :)

Ebbingford

Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:36 am

I think if you are playing against the AI then auto garrison probably helps the AI.
Against a human opponent it should be turned off IMHO.

Ebbingford

Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:18 pm

lodilefty wrote:WAD. FIW does not use the Loyalty Rules [probably the only AGE scenarios outside of BoA that don't] so no check is made. Some adjustment by "Theater" is possible, but I'd like to put that on the 'improvements' list....

...unless I'm "in the mood" while dealing with:

Ratz. The option event actually costs 25 EP for this, tooltip is wrong. :bonk:

40 + 4 from shipping +2 from controlled objectives = 46 - 25 = 21

Sigh. I guess I gotta go through all the ^%#%#&&%$ options and text strings to check for consistency...

Did I ever tell you that I hate tooltips that "hard code" specific costs or benefits????? :mad: :cursing: :crying:

It might be worth having a look at the cost of the highlanders unit as well.
It says they cost 25, but I'm guessing it's less than that really. ;)

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Bug

Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:17 am

I'm playing the FIW scenario as the French. I took Halifax from the Brits, I have had it for a few turns. The British then used the EP option to call home for new merchants which arrived in Halifax under French control.

Edit: In the log it does say that I captured a fleet in Nova Scotia, so technically its not a bug, more like an exploit. A free ship in my harbor feels like a cheat.

Ebbingford

Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:28 am

Playing as the Brits, FIW Colonial, against the AI.
I have just had the message that new bateaux have been built. When I clicked on the message I found that they have been built in Frontenac, which is still French controlled.
Save and backup attached if needed.
Attachments
bateaux.rar
(502.6 KiB) Downloaded 310 times

Ebbingford

Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:47 am

In the above save there is also a message about Fort Stanwix which is to be built.
The next turn it is with the result that I now have both Fort Bull, a size 1 stockade and Fort Stanwix, a size 1 fort, in the same region of Oriskany.

lodilefty

Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:00 pm

Cardinal Ape wrote:I'm playing the FIW scenario as the French. I took Halifax from the Brits, I have had it for a few turns. The British then used the EP option to call home for new merchants which arrived in Halifax under French control.

Edit: In the log it does say that I captured a fleet in Nova Scotia, so technically its not a bug, more like an exploit. A free ship in my harbor feels like a cheat.

Hi, Welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:

Yup, event doesn't test ownership of Halifax. :bonk:
Fixed for next patch! Thank you! :)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:53 pm

Ebbingford wrote:Playing as the Brits, FIW Colonial, against the AI.
I have just had the message that new bateaux have been built. When I clicked on the message I found that they have been built in Frontenac, which is still French controlled.
Save and backup attached if needed.

Fixed: another 'legacy' event from BoA that didn't check for ownership. :blink:

Ebbingford wrote:In the above save there is also a message about Fort Stanwix which is to be built.
The next turn it is with the result that I now have both Fort Bull, a size 1 stockade and Fort Stanwix, a size 1 fort, in the same region of Oriskany.

Fixed: forgot to add check for Stockade when setup changed Fort Bull to a stockade. :bonk:

All in new patch setup [coming soon to a theater near you]

Thank you! :thumbsup: :love:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:29 am

I got this weird issue with some starving natives... I am playing as the French in the FIW against the AI. The native tribes south and west of Oswego joined my side via event. They never joined the British, I didn't attack them. I think everything was fine until the natives got recalled for winter, I can't say for certain. I didn't notice anything was wrong until I read in the log that several units died of starvation.

The problem is that at some point the native villages by Osewgo lost ownership; they now list as 'controlled by no one' in the mouseover. Moving units into those provinces has no effect.
Attachments
Starving Natives.zip
(1.15 MiB) Downloaded 302 times

lodilefty

Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:27 pm

Cardinal Ape wrote:I got this weird issue with some starving natives... I am playing as the French in the FIW against the AI. The native tribes south and west of Oswego joined my side via event. They never joined the British, I didn't attack them. I think everything was fine until the natives got recalled for winter, I can't say for certain. I didn't notice anything was wrong until I read in the log that several units died of starvation.

The problem is that at some point the native villages by Osewgo lost ownership; they now list as 'controlled by no one' in the mouseover. Moving units into those provinces has no effect.

The "controlled by noone" is fixed in next patch version. I'll use your save to check it again.

Edit: Confirmed. Fixed in soon-to-be-released patch. :D
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve WIA”