lodilefty

WIA {Public Beta} patch 1.10 Release Candidate 3 = February 1, 2012

Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:50 pm

Hopefully, this will be official soon!!!

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/patch_WIA_v1.10_RC3.zip

This patch is cumulative since version 1.00b

Changes since 1.10 RC2:

=======================================================================================================
[CENTER]Wars in America Update 1.10 – RC3[/CENTER]
January 28, 2012

=======================================================================================================

• Engine updated to latest standard
  • Sounds are now Aliased [see Sounds.ini in WIA\Aliases]
  • Corrected more reference errors in text, events, models and units (thank you Lafrite for the Python© script checking tools)
  • 1755 Campaign, 1755 COL Variant:
    • Added option for GBR to purchase 1 Regular Infantry for Colonial Troops [Provos in COL variant]
    • Corrected purchase cost of Regular Infantry Replacement option
See Read Me in your Windows Start menu
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:07 pm

Moved from beta to public beta!
Enjoy! :D
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Carnium

Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:56 pm

Thanks Lodi :D

Ebbingford

Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:37 am

Am I correct in remembering that the general rule of thumb to work out how much supply is generated by a region is roughly 5x the amount given?
For example, Crown point with a harbour says current supply level of 3. This should be enough to supply a force with a supply usuage of up to about 15 per turn. (Unless the harbour is blockaded by ice of course.)
In my current game as the French against the AI in the Colonial faction version I have a force of Indians and courriers in Crown point, the supply level is 3, the harbour is clear and I have 100MC of the region. My force has a supply usuage of 8 per turn. They should be getting plenty of supply but if I click on the supply filter in the bottom left hand corner the region is shown in red, not enough supply!!

As a follow on to this I see Indians are pillageing friendly regions, OK maybe WAD. But they are also doing it to their own regions, the region where their village is. Is this an effect of the pillager trait or is it also a supply filter issue?
For example the Cowetee are locked in their region of Coweta which has a supply level of 2. The two indian units locked there have a supply usuage of 2 each per turn, in theory there is plenty of supply in the region. Yet it is pillaged and also shows as red, not enough supply, if you select the supply filter button. This is on turn 3 of the campaign.

I can post a save if needed, or am I missing something or forgetting something?

lodilefty

Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:36 pm

Ebbingford wrote:Am I correct in remembering that the general rule of thumb to work out how much supply is generated by a region is roughly 5x the amount given?
For example, Crown point with a harbour says current supply level of 3. This should be enough to supply a force with a supply usuage of up to about 15 per turn. (Unless the harbour is blockaded by ice of course.)
In my current game as the French against the AI in the Colonial faction version I have a force of Indians and courriers in Crown point, the supply level is 3, the harbour is clear and I have 100MC of the region. My force has a supply usuage of 8 per turn. They should be getting plenty of supply but if I click on the supply filter in the bottom left hand corner the region is shown in red, not enough supply!!

As a follow on to this I see Indians are pillageing friendly regions, OK maybe WAD. But they are also doing it to their own regions, the region where their village is. Is this an effect of the pillager trait or is it also a supply filter issue?
For example the Cowetee are locked in their region of Coweta which has a supply level of 2. The two indian units locked there have a supply usuage of 2 each per turn, in theory there is plenty of supply in the region. Yet it is pillaged and also shows as red, not enough supply, if you select the supply filter button. This is on turn 3 of the campaign.

Are the groups in the "red areas" gradually depleting their supply?

As for Pillage, now you have me worried...

Post save please, so we have a good example.

[WIA is a different supply "Simple" supply system, and as such has its own set of code vs. ACW, RoP, etc.]
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:29 pm

This is a repeat of a post that I put in another thread. I'm repeating it here in case I put it in the wrong place.

Something seems slightly amiss in the way music is getting played.

The intro music mp3 isn't playing when you fire up the game. What plays instead is the first piece of music on the sound list.

I haven't played around with it enough to be able to give an exact description of what's going on, but the music options seem slightly disrupted. When you fire up the game it doesn't seem to respond to the music options (disabled, long, short, no delay), and seems to react to them as either disabled or no delay (not competely sure about that).

I have a feeling that whatever was done on the sound side had some slightly unintended side effects. No intro music is no big deal, but the quirkiness in the response of the music option buttons is a bigger issue.

I only ran a quick rather than exhaustive test, but I did it with unmodded versions of the sound configuration files.

(And if it makes any difference, I'm using Windows XP Sp3)

Ebbingford

Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:11 am

Here is the save... :)
Attachments
supplyfilter.rar
(393.72 KiB) Downloaded 324 times

Pocus

Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:12 am

Ebbingford wrote:Am I correct in remembering that the general rule of thumb to work out how much supply is generated by a region is roughly 5x the amount given?

please post yes, with all backups so I can see why they pillage.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Ebbingford

Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:20 am

The save is in the post above your post. :)

Narwhal

Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:13 am

Am I wrong in assuming it should be save-compatible with 1.09a ?

marechalCAMBRONNE
Lieutenant

Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:14 pm

Bug report

In my 2 games with the 1755 colonial scenario with the french, there is no canadian militias that are levied after 1756. It's a major bug if I want New France to survive :p

lodilefty

Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:33 pm

marechalCAMBRONNE wrote:Bug report

In my 2 games with the 1755 colonial scenario with the french, there is no canadian militias that are levied after 1756. It's a major bug if I want New France to survive :p

If the militia don't "go home" at year end, you won't raise more. The "pool" size is limited.

If, however, you have few Militia on-map Militi and none show up in April, you need to post a saved game for us to examine....
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Send_Saved_Game

:)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

marechalCAMBRONNE
Lieutenant

Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:45 pm

Is it a new feature? I never saw New France limited to 2 militias battalion that have been trained by Levis...And I have done this scenario 20 time at least

This is from my PBEM game

I have tested in solo without giving any order and it is the same thing in 57 and after.
Attachments
PBEM.rar
(798.81 KiB) Downloaded 318 times

Bruit Bleu

Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:06 pm

lodilefty wrote:As for Pillage, now you have me worried...

I think there is a problem with supply and pillage :

Image Image

The save and 4 turns backup are attached (1775 Campaign US vs IA, begun with previous RC patch).
I played a moment without being annoyed (here we are in 1778), but famine is going to win where brits didn't.
Attachments
south.jpg
north.jpg
1775 Campaign0.zip
(4.58 MiB) Downloaded 316 times
TYW Baroque music mod

« Dulce Bellum Inexpertis »
Erasmus

lodilefty

Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:16 pm

Bruit Bleu wrote:I think there is a problem with supply and pillage :

Image Image

The save and 4 turns backup are attached (1775 Campaign US vs IA, begun with previous RC patch).
I played a moment without being annoyed (here we are in 1778), but famine is going to win where brits didn't.

Yes, Pocus found and fixed this bug. :thumbsup:
In pre-beta, awaiting one more minor buglet fix.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:54 pm

marechalCAMBRONNE wrote:Is it a new feature? I never saw New France limited to 2 militias battalion that have been trained by Levis...And I have done this scenario 20 time at least

This is from my PBEM game

I have tested in solo without giving any order and it is the same thing in 57 and after.

Something is awry. Bughunt in progress. Please be patient.

Thank you for reporting this! :thumbsup:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

marechalCAMBRONNE
Lieutenant

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:53 pm

Merci. It would be interesting to see if I can face those impossible odds :p

marechalCAMBRONNE
Lieutenant

Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:35 am

Maybe it can be relied to the event message I got for the first time in 1756 I think, saying that the militias would be called to defend their home. I saw no more militias levied after that

lodilefty

Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:02 pm

marechalCAMBRONNE wrote:Maybe it can be relied to the event message I got for the first time in 1756 I think, saying that the militias would be called to defend their home. I saw no more militias levied after that

That's actually the event that starts the AutoRaise process:
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/AutoRaise

Militia before that arrive by scripted events.

Stay tuned. :)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Bruit Bleu

Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:35 pm

Quoted from a french topic :

lodilefty wrote:This was fixed for the 1755 Campaigns in the beta patch, but not for 1779 Galvez. :bonk:
We will fix this in the next update. Thank you for reporting! :thumbsup: :love:
[The 1775 Campaign appears to be correct.]

The supply bug I report a few posts above is about the '75 campaign. So is it WAD or not ? Or are you refering to some other bug ? :confused:
TYW Baroque music mod

« Dulce Bellum Inexpertis »
Erasmus

marechalCAMBRONNE
Lieutenant

Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:57 pm

lodilefty wrote:That's actually the event that starts the AutoRaise process:
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/AutoRaise

Militia before that arrive by scripted events.

Stay tuned. :)

How does the event is working with my favorite scenario of 1755? And I thought it may be broken.

lodilefty

Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:20 pm

Bruit Bleu wrote:Quoted from a french topic :

The supply bug I report a few posts above is about the '75 campaign. So is it WAD or not ? Or are you refering to some other bug ? :confused:

Yes, it was a Military Control bug in Cuba. I just loaded the 1775 campaign, and Cuba control is OK....

...Galvez will be fixed next patch, similar to the fix for 1755.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

marechalCAMBRONNE
Lieutenant

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:49 am

Another bug with the same game. When I use Train Elite Infantry, with the french, I get no regular and no elite...

Hobbes

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:29 am

Hi Lodi, the email I sent last night was rubbish (I was looking at the wrong script report!)
The actual problem I can see is with the option event evt_nam_FRA_QFortKW_ON in KWW Military options
The line :-

EvalRgnStruc $Kebec|FRA|STRUCDEF $Stockade

should be :-

EvalRgnStruc $Kebec|FRA|STRUCDEF $Depot

Also the evt_nam_FRA_QFortKW_Check should also be :-

EvalRgnStruc $Kebec|FRA|STRUCDEF $Depot instead of $Stockade

and the following line from the same event should be removed :-

RemoveStructure ByDefUID $Stockade|ALL|$FRA

This came about due to a last minute change - removing the stockade from Quebec due to the problems with having a city and stockade in the same region.

Are you able to change your version of the script?

Thanks, Chris

lodilefty

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:55 am

Hobbes wrote:Hi Lodi, the email I sent last night was rubbish (I was looking at the wrong script report!)
The actual problem I can see is with the option event evt_nam_FRA_QFortKW_ON in KWW Military options
The line :-

EvalRgnStruc $Kebec|FRA|STRUCDEF $Stockade

should be :-

EvalRgnStruc $Kebec|FRA|STRUCDEF $Depot

Also the evt_nam_FRA_QFortKW_Check should also be :-

EvalRgnStruc $Kebec|FRA|STRUCDEF $Depot instead of $Stockade

and the following line from the same event should be removed :-

RemoveStructure ByDefUID $Stockade|ALL|$FRA

This came about due to a last minute change - removing the stockade from Quebec due to the problems with having a city and stockade in the same region.

Are you able to change your version of the script?

Thanks, Chris

I'll get them! Thanks! :thumbsup:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:17 pm

New version posted:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=229374&postcount=1

Thank you for your support! :thumbsup:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve WIA”