barbu
Captain

"Cuba Invasion"? Nope.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:28 pm

The evt_nam_WarSpain_GBR event in 1755 Campaign.sct leads to the creation of a "Cuba Invasion Fleet" (many ships + land units). However Cuba cannot be entered. Instead, New Orleans appears as an objective. I'm not suggesting that the fleet should be renamed as to contain a clue about New Orleans - as far as I know, New Orleans was not occupied by the British during the 7-years war. However changing the name of the force to "Carribean Reinforcements" might have a less confusing effect. I have personally waited for several turns for Cuba to become enter-able, but no.

Come to think of it, maybe the bug is the other way around. Perhaps New Orleans shouldn't become an objective, but rather Cuba should, in which case the name of the force is OK, but the objective addition is bugged.

lodilefty

Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:19 pm

What patch version are you running? :confused:

Cuba should unlock when Spain enters the War with event evt_nam_WarSpain that brings in Spanish forces at Cuba and Pensacola. British forces enter next turn, so the French event had to fire...

British fleet cannot enter Cuba port as it belongs to the enemy, so must move to the Ocean region that is in the Cuba OMB (Sea of Cuba) and unload onto the beach....

If the Brits still cannot land amphibiously, then I'll need your saved game, including \Backup(n) folders to the turns before French event (2 turns before British event)(depending on how many turns you processed, this could be many subfolders)

Reference: http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Send_Saved_Game , but probably more than two \Backup folders...

In any case, it is not a good thing for the AI to have an Objective that requires Amphibious moves, so we'll rename the fleet per your recommendation... :thumbsup:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Narwhal

Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:47 am

I might add :

- That this army has no commander, which is sad
- That the French player is not warned of the arrival of this force.

lodilefty

Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:05 pm

Narwhal wrote:I might add :

- That this army has no commander, which is sad
- That the French player is not warned of the arrival of this force.

WAD
...nor is either side notified of any arriving reinforcements...

...nor will they be.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

barbu
Captain

Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:24 pm

My bad :bonk:

The box of Cuba contains 2 regions: "Cuba" and "Sea of Cuba".

"Cuba" is un-enterable.

"Sea of Cuba" is enterable, once Spain enters the war.

What fooled me was that the "Cuba" region contains a lot of water :D and I believed that this was the way to go for a landing force. Until now, I didn't even know there was such a thing as the "Sea of Cuba" region.

So, apologies, Lodilefty.

Narwhal

Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:24 am

lodilefty wrote:WAD
...nor is either side notified of any arriving reinforcements...

...nor will they be.

I seem to remember that the French is not even warned that Spain declared war on his behalf.

But if it is WAD, fine.

lodilefty

Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:51 am

Narwhal wrote:I seem to remember that the French is not even warned that Spain declared war on his behalf.

But if it is WAD, fine.

Not WAD. :(
Fixed for next release. :thumbsup:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve WIA”