lodilefty

WIA {Public Beta} patch 1.09b Release Candidate 1 = December 1, 2011

Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:37 pm

For your enjoyment:

<link removed>

This patch is cumulative since version 1.00b

=======================================================================================================
[CENTER][size=100]Wars in America Update 1.09b – RC1 [/size][/CENTER]
December 1, 2011
=======================================================================================================

• Fixed Major Road definition in region 366Rappahannock – all Scenarios updated
    • This region adjustment will only take effect in new games

• Game Engine update fixes the function of Major Roads
  • New parameters in GameLogic.opt to control effect of Major Roads
For complete update information, see WIA Updates.rtf or click on "ReadMe" in your Windows Start Menu
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:07 pm

oops!

Copy thread doesn't update the posting date! :wacko:

Enjoy!!!!! :w00t:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

KG Erwin
Lieutenant

Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:05 pm

Thanks, Lodilefty. This patch came quicker than I expected. You're staying on top of the game, indeed. Good work! :thumbsup:

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:17 pm

In previous versions I think CP were not accumulative as far as I remember.
Clinton's army with 2 *** star generals produce 63 CP and as I add * star generals it just adds up. This army is consist of 15 k men.

[attach]16655[/attach]
Attachments
WIA 2011-12-02 23-07-30-03.jpg

lodilefty

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:15 pm

Baris wrote:In previous versions I think CP were not accumulative as far as I remember.
Clinton's army with 2 *** star generals produce 63 CP and as I add * star generals it just adds up. This army is consist of 15 k men.

[attach]16655[/attach]

Hmm, loks like the default Command Cap no longer applies. :(

There is a param I can add, if I knew the value! :)
Partzheimers. Can't recall.... :wacko:

Help me! Does anyone recall what the Max CP was?
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:20 pm

lodilefty wrote:Hmm, loks like the default Command Cap no longer applies. :(

There is a param I can add, if I knew the value! :)
Partzheimers. Can't recall.... :wacko:

Help me! Does anyone recall what the Max CP was?

..or not!

Manual says:
The total number of Command Points that can be provided by Leaders in a single Force is effectively unlimited.

I guess we're too used to AACW, NCP etc....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:35 pm

Ok thanks lodilefty :) But as far as I remember there was a limit :tournepas , anyway,
But I always thought strategic rating of a leader is especially important in such cases to maintain higher CP's. George Washington especially have high rating so shouldn't he command larger formations then the British. And with limitless CP's, colonial and British troops effect less from command penalties.

Durk

Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:16 am

Baris,
Limits were always more open limited only to total commanders in the stack in this game. Very different from other games.
Commanders are so high in capacity, a few other leaders and a large stack, Washington and others.

Pocus

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:49 am

I don't think were was ever a limit in BOA1 or 2... But me too suffer from zimmerit. Oops, mannerheim ? Argh, don't even remember my disease! :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Panama Red
Lieutenant

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:19 am

Remember you are talking about elements in BoA or WiA being significantly SMALLER than al the other games.

We are talking about Companies in BoA / WiA versus Battalions, Brigades or Divisions in all the other games. As a result, a leader will have much larger influance in BoA / WiA that the other games.

lodilefty

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:12 pm

Yes, after a brief interlude with a Senior Moment:

WIA does not have any CP limit, as stack size is only limited by Logistics and the infamous "Sanitation" events... :D
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Xaloc
General of the Army

Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi fellow WiA players,

first of all, forgive my poor English, as I don't speak nor write it well.

Playing the 1755 Camping Colonial as France, I received a message in which the Spanish garrison in Cuba was out of supply. The territory is Neutral (I'm in turn 4, august 1755), but when i went there, I noticed that there was no supply in fact. I'd post a savegame, but I don't know how to do that, sorry.

This is the only Spanish garnison with this issue, I've checked the others and all of them have supply.

lodilefty

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:45 pm

Xaloc wrote:Hi fellow WiA players,

first of all, forgive my poor English, as I don't speak nor write it well.

Playing the 1755 Camping Colonial as France, I received a message in which the Spanish garrison in Cuba was out of supply. The territory is Neutral (I'm in turn 4, august 1755), but when i went there, I noticed that there was no supply in fact. I'd post a savegame, but I don't know how to do that, sorry.

This is the only Spanish garnison with this issue, I've checked the others and all of them have supply.

Your english is very good! :thumbsup:
I really need to see thte saved game.

Try this (in english only, sorry):
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Send_Saved_Game
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Xaloc
General of the Army

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:12 pm

Thanks lodilefty, but definitely I'm afraid I can express myself better in Catalan or Spanish! :thumbsup:

OK, let's see if I manage to send the files correctly.

Now it's January, 1756, and due to the lack of supply, almost all the garrison of Cuba has been eliminated. I have the game in Spanish, but if you put the mouse over Cuba, you'll see it has a supply level of 0.

And in other order of things, it would be possible to fix the name of the units when you restart a saved game? I think this happens in the '75 campaign but when I load the '55 one, all the given names of the beginning of the scenario has benn reverted to "XXXXX's Brigade" or "XX Expeditionary Force" etc.

Many thanks again!
Attachments
1755 Campaign_COL~FRA.zip
(2.59 MiB) Downloaded 231 times

lodilefty

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:01 pm

Xaloc wrote:Thanks lodilefty, but definitely I'm afraid I can express myself better in Catalan or Spanish! :thumbsup:

OK, let's see if I manage to send the files correctly.

Now it's January, 1756, and due to the lack of supply, almost all the garrison of Cuba has been eliminated. I have the game in Spanish, but if you put the mouse over Cuba, you'll see it has a supply level of 0.

And in other order of things, it would be possible to fix the name of the units when you restart a saved game? I think this happens in the '75 campaign but when I load the '55 one, all the given names of the beginning of the scenario has benn reverted to "XXXXX's Brigade" or "XX Expeditionary Force" etc.

Many thanks again!

Thank you! Excellent information. :thumbsup:

The name change is part of the new game engine, and cannot easily be changed.
If you edit the group name by <alt><left-click> on the group, it should stay with that name.

Cuba supply is a real bug. We didn't give Military Control to Spain at the start in setup, and locked units cannot add control, so they starve. :bonk: :(

No fix possible in an ongoing game, but you can start over with the attached files.
Extract into folder WIA\Scens
2 files will be overwritten
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Xaloc
General of the Army

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:52 pm

Got it, lodilefty! thank you.

Yes, I change the formation names manually, it was just a little flavour detail with no real influence in the game.

Cheers! :hat:

KG Erwin
Lieutenant

Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:56 pm

Are there any more changes we should be made aware of, and will 1.09 be made an official patch soon? I've been playing out the FIW Colonial campaign and have noticed no problems so far.

lodilefty

Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:29 am

KG Erwin wrote:Are there any more changes we should be made aware of, and will 1.09 be made an official patch soon? I've been playing out the FIW Colonial campaign and have noticed no problems so far.

Nothing huge to fix :w00t:

Official soon, but after RoP and AACW. :)

Sorry to be slow, but the team is small... :(
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:27 pm

Update posted!

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=224486&postcount=1

Thank you for your inputs! :love:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve WIA”