Schwarzer Herzog
Colonel

1812 Campaign English side

Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi.

I have played some times, by pbem and alone against the IA, the 1812 Campaign and I think the distribution of the points is not fair for the english side.

I played like US against the IA, I did nothing, no movements, and I won with a good advantage over the english side, it can be tested.
I probed to play against the IA doing nothing all the campaigns with 2 sides and only the 1812 campaign and with the US side has this amazing result.

My rival in PBEM (US) has not tried anytime an attack against Canada and he has won with more than double points than me. He has 3 of his 7 objetives and me 1 of 6. Washington, Baltimore, Harrisburg, Mobile are english too.

I have some proposals to get a better distribution of the points :
- The defence of Canada could be more important for the english side, Montreal and/or other canadian city could be an objetive for the english.
- The control of the Atlantic trade could give more points (that's the main reason of the declaration of war of the US).
- The quantity (or the weight) of the US cities could be not too important for points. Mainly some cities of South like Wilmington, Charleston, Savannah or Norfolk.

Thanks for the reading :)

Hobbes

Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:51 pm

I played as English in an 1812 PBEM game and can only say I found it VERY difficult.

Cheers, Chris

Carnium

Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:57 pm

Here is another (a bit old) topic about improvements for this nice scenario:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=9871

Return to “Help to improve WIA”