JadeKing
Lieutenant

Naval bombardment?

Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:51 am

Could someone please explain how this works? I never seem capable of activating this button.
Thank goodness we don't understand the language of ravens, jackdaws, crickets, frogs, and pigs. Otherwise we'd probably worry about what they think too. Yet how many people seem more brainless than the frogs and jackdaws? Does that make any difference to us? No. We let what they say upset us and render our lives utterly miserable.
Dio Chrysostom

arsan

Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:01 am

Hi!
When you click on that button you are telling the fleet to support with his guns a land combat that happens on an adjacent land region.
The trick is that if no land combat happens, the ships will not bombard by themselves.
For example it is a very good idea to click it to support opposed landings.
Also be aware that if the enemy has guns (especially naval guns) the ships will be also fired upon and take damage.
Also not all the ships can do this kind of bombardment. Small ships (brigs, probably frigates also) don't have guns big enough for it. Its mostly a work for ships of the line.
Not sure what was your doubt about it... hope it helps.
Regards!

JadeKing
Lieutenant

Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:07 am

Ok. I think it is because of the small ships them. I was testing the 1812-1815 campaign, and now you mention it, there are no big ships in this campaign. At least not in the great lakes.
Thank goodness we don't understand the language of ravens, jackdaws, crickets, frogs, and pigs. Otherwise we'd probably worry about what they think too. Yet how many people seem more brainless than the frogs and jackdaws? Does that make any difference to us? No. We let what they say upset us and render our lives utterly miserable.

Dio Chrysostom

Pocus

Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:12 pm

I believe you have a SOL or two at Nova Scotia, range 5.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”