Pocus

BOA2 - Feature focus : #9 Good, Useful Interface (GUI)

Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:07 pm

The Graphical User Interface (GUI) has been significantly enhanced since BOA1. For the old grognards there, you will discover that BOA2 now features several key resolutions, all with custom graphics made by our artists, so that you can take the maximum of your computer screen. In addition to a bigger map to see in higher resolution, you’ll also get longer Messages and Units panel. This proves very useful when manipulating large stacks.
For new users, rest assured: BOA2, as with all AGEOD games, support ALL resolutions made on earth. Even mighty 2536 pixels wide, or weird resolutions are automatically supported, in Windowed or Full Screen mode, with borders or without, at your leisure.
Is that all? Nay Sir! Because you also get several benefits added to our engine since the initial release of BOA1. For example, you can alter the brightness of the map, and/or of the units, if you find the snow of New England too hard on your eyes for example.
But veterans of the previous AGEOD games want more… Something really novel in the GUI of BOA2, never seen in any other AGEOD games? Yes, we can do that: the Stack List. In addition to the Unit List, which list … units, one by one in the ledger, you now get an alternate view listing your stacks. You can sort these stats on many parameters, and you are also able to filter the ones of particular importance to you. Where are my stacks with few supply, where are the ones with a Command Penalty? The Stack List allows you to check that easily.

Talking about User Interface, the best is yet to come. Something huge will be announced tomorrow in the Feature Focus #10. Stay tuned, it is a truly major addition to the game!

1600x1200 Screen:

1280x1024 Screen:

The Stacklist:

Darkened Map (adjusting Brightness Level):

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

mp84
Private

Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:09 am

Looks great,

Curious question, but can we see actual unit numbers on the screen in terms of their strength? Like the way it is in AACW and NCP?

MP

GShock

Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:40 am

2 days!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We ain't going down!

Fatboy
Sergeant

Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:31 am

I assume that we still have the existing list of units by type (leaders, infantry, cavalry...) on another tab?

Pocus

Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:45 pm

Indeed

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Fouche
Captain

Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:56 pm

All I can say is --- [color="Red"]fantastic[/color]...cannot wait till this game becomes available!! :coeurs: :coeurs:

Pocus

Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:00 pm

I'm in the process of writing feature #10. I'm still harboring a smile on my face before even posting it :)

GShock

Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:14 pm

/me drools

1 and a half day more.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We ain't going down!

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”