Smooth4111
Conscript

Re: Command Point penalties

Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:59 am

Thanks!

Hobbes

Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:22 pm

Durk wrote:Not sure I have an answer as to the opposing force, but FoW is my guess too.

Find the Img link at the top when posting for pasting an image.

Hi Durk. I still don't get this. I used to upload images to the website and then somehow link to them and insert (many have now disappeared unfortunately after forum changes). That was a long time ago. Now I can add a URL but the link has to be clicked on rather than the picture just being displayed. How do you paste an image? Not Ctrl V between the Img brackets it seems. I am getting old!

Chris

Durk

Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:54 pm

It no longer works or is not working. I cannot paste

Hobbes

Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:41 pm

Naturamix has posted a few inline images fairly recently in the CW2 AAR forum so maybe there is still some way of doing it. It's certainly not obvious how to manage it though. A shame, as posting images used to help keep the forum alive.

Nikel

Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:51 am

It is only possible, since the forum change, in some subfora like, AAR, help to improve or technical support.

Hobbes

Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:00 pm

Thanks Nikel. I thought it was just an age thing with me. Even though I'm a computer programmer by profession things seem to get more difficult to work out as one gets older - although I also think that is partly to do with losing touch and not being as arsed to work things out anymore :)

Taillebois
General of the Army

Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:34 pm

Hi Hobbes,

I just happened by and saw you mention you tried making a mod for AJE.

There is a Charlemagne mod for AJE:

viewtopic.php?f=316&t=53090

----------
PS - I can't even win these games on the easy settings let alone understand how to install a mod. I tend to play a few turns, get despondent at my losses, read a bit of history and think I'll try again some other day.

I must have played the AACW Manassas and NCP Waterloo scenarios a hundred times.

Nikel

Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:10 pm

Hobbes wrote:P.S. I spent three years trying to make the Aurelian scenario for AJE. I had a lot of problems with the game and some in life. But the main reason I had to give up on it was that I could never get the bloody barbarians to attack as they would have done historically. That was so frustrating. I thought at the time there should be a way of instructing Athena that an AI interest of 100 in the script should be an all out attack to a specific target. But again probably a simplistic idea and not workable. I hated to have to give up on that after so long and with the work others had put in also.

Cheers,
Chris

Watching videos is an easier task than creating scenarios. If you are still interested in Aurelian's exploits, this series (3 united in 1), by History Marche channel is excellent in graphics and historical narrative ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3-9TQU0VrM

Hobbes

Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:08 am

This is the first time I have seen Bohémond's mod. I assume it was never completed? I feel his pain. AJE is not an easy game to mod. It should be easier. A lot easier. I still have nightmares! I saw the Aurelian YouTube video and have put it into a place to watch "one day" :) When I go to bed I just think of "Wars in America".

Cheers,
Chris

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”