jforris
Civilian

Decline of national morale

Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:26 am

Hi

Is it hardcoded that the morale of the British will decline in the latter part of the revolutionary war?

I currently play britain - and I'm in 1781 and control all the objectives and most of the strategic towns/cities.

I've read that the morale is increased by winning battles and taking cities. Apart from loosing to the spanish in the south - they've taken some settlements and won some battles - but I continuosly beat the americans in the north.

I changed to the americans in the same save file, and they've got a national morale of almost 110, while the British have 66 (80 % modifier). Still, the americans hold almost nothing - and looses most of the battles.

Why is this?

I also hold the shipping lanes clear - not sure wether this will affect morale that much, but the smaller american privateers usually get fended off by my navy.

jforris
Civilian

Re: Decline of national morale

Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:02 pm

During 77/78 I really made some aggressive expansion and took all the major cities and inflicted large casualties on the americans. At top I had a national morale of 110 (105 % modifier).

Then 79/80 and it all went downhill morale wise - I didn't loose much, mostly winning, beat the french, contiunosly hammered large american stacks - still it went down.

What am I missing?

Durk

Re: Decline of national morale

Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:46 pm

It is not scripted for British morale to decline. I am not exactly sure why your NM is low, perhaps you are losing units to being out of supply? Or perhaps you suffered a major naval disaster?

I am not very informed about playing versus AI, perhaps look at your AI settings. If you have set them to give AI a lot of advantages, it does not follow the rules used in playing a human opponent. So you might change these settings.

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”