CatoTheYounger
Sergeant

Best Setting for stonger AI

Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:46 am

Having played this game for only a week, and through trial and error of learning the game on the fly, I have come to a conclusion about the AI setting.

First thing is to use FOW for yourself, but allow the AI to see everything. This has led to proper gradual buildup and response from the AI to my movements. I leave winter attrition above average and I allow the AI +2 on detection.

I am a huge fan on the FIW, both the game and the history. The difficulty of supply, movement, winter, and increasing British resources create authentic historical challenges. I am quite the Frankofile, So the moment Montcalm is on the scene it is off to organize the Regulars for an assault on Fort William henry followed by a push to Albany.

You can do this sooner, but you can also get quickly countered and retreating with winter setting in can be a disaster. Best to wait until the master is on the scene.

Aerosol
Conscript

Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:06 pm

There really is nothing quite so immersive and satisfying as managing a campaign in the AGEOD engine under all the vagaries and constrains of 18th century warfare. The way I describe it to my wife is that whereas chess is a complex game, it is at the end of the day an abstracted representation of strategic and operational decision-making in warfare but an AGEOD game is multi-dimensional chess and presents warfare in all its maddening complexity with few abstractions (at the strategic and operational level).

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”