Grim Madder
Private

Command Point Clarification

Sun May 03, 2015 4:54 am

Can somebody please explain why I have a 35% penalty on these units.

[ATTACH]33499[/ATTACH]

My leader has 2 command points. The 1st and 2nd unit cost 1 CP each. The 3rd and 4th unit cost 0 points each.

I am told my leader needs 12 points.

Thank you.
Attachments
command points.JPG

Durk

Sun May 03, 2015 5:43 am

Yep, tough one on the surface. It is a faction issue. your commander does not have the ability to lead Native American Nations units. That is, by itself, the 35%. If you take the Nipissing unit out of the stack you will be in total command.
Not all units on your side are in the same faction.
What I would do is put the Nipissing unit by itself, as it then has no penalty as does your stack.

Grim Madder
Private

Sun May 03, 2015 6:56 am

Cheers Durk,

I thought that may be the reason, but I did not think the penalty would be that high. Also, for some reason, I thought the game told you if it was a faction issue. I must be thinking of something else :)

Thanks

arsan

Sun May 03, 2015 11:18 am

Hi!
On those French and indian wars scenarios you must be careful asigning your leaders to the stacks.
As you see on the background color of the units, the french side has two subfactions: proper french (grey) and canadian (light brown).
There is no problem if leader and units are of the same subfaction, but if they are not, the CP need will increase a lot (x4 i think).
To avoid problems on a force with canadian and french units you will need either two leaders (one of each subfaction) or a leader with the French-canadian special ability, that let him command units of both subfactions without problem.
To make things easier, having just one leader of a given subfaction on the stack eliminates any penalty these subfaction could cause, no matter how many units you put in the stack.
The same happens with the british side, as they have proper british units (red) and colonial units (orange).
Indians can be a problem too unless you add an indian leader to the stack or have a leader with the ability to command indians.

Regards!

Grim Madder
Private

Sun May 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Thanks Arsan, for the useful information!

I am still scratching my head a little though. My leader can only have De lery with him to come in under the CP cap. I thought I would be able to have the Franche unit in that stack as well.

I am preparing to do a forum assisted lets play, but wante to get my head around some of these basic issues first :)

Durk

Sun May 03, 2015 3:18 pm

Another way of thinking about the command penalty, one has to do with counting units in your faction. This is what you are calculating.

If you have any out of faction units, the penalty is automatically 35% the highest possible penalty.

Grim Madder
Private

Sun May 03, 2015 3:40 pm

This is where I am confused. Both the Franche unit and De lery are Canadian.

[ATTACH]33525[/ATTACH]

De lery is the only unit I can attach to this leader. The native is a 10% penalty and the Guyanan or Franche units are a 20% penalty.

I am just unsure as to why the Franche unit has a 20% penalty.
Attachments
command points 2.JPG

arsan

Sun May 03, 2015 10:13 pm

That's strange! What scenario are you playing? Montcalm scenario?
I just tested on my WIA instalation (Montcalm scenario, turn 1) and that same leader with those same units doesn't have any penalty. He generates 2 CP and uses only 1 (for the Cie Franche, as De lery courriers, as all courriers don't have any command cost).
Maybe the game is not correctly patched? Check what version does it show on the lower right corner when the game is loading??

Regards!

Grim Madder
Private

Mon May 04, 2015 3:06 am

I feel like an idiot. I added the weather mod last week and had trouble with it, so I deleted the game and then reinstalled it. Of course, I forgot to add the newest patches.

Apologies for wasting peoples time!!

Durk

Mon May 04, 2015 4:07 am

Well, certainly not wasted time if you figured out the issue.

By the way, mods are great, but always back up your files before trying one. Many mods cause more problems than they solve. I say that as someone who loves mods.

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”