Durk

1759 Annus Mirabilis

Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:51 am

I am playing this scenario for the first time. It has a nice tight focus for both sides.
Always fun to take on a new scenario.

ArmChairGeneral
AGEod Grognard

Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:55 am

I love this scenario and its variants, it is my favorite out of all the scenarios in all the AGEOD games I have played (the West 1862 scenario in CW2 is my number two). The action around Ft. Carillon is where all the various sub-systems (supply, movement, combat, weather, attrition, naval movement etc.) finally came together and clicked into place for me. After this scenario I finally GOT the system and was able to understand what could be done and what couldn't, and how to leverage the rules to accomplish my goals.

Which side are you playing? I like the French side slightly better, but the Brits/Colonials are really fun to play too.

Durk

Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:46 pm

I can see why you enjoy this scenario. Though this is my first time in the scenario, I play the French, I look eagerly to replay. I really like scenarios which parse the long campaigns into focused play at the critical moments. I can see that it is a superior game for understanding (needing to use) all the sub-systems.

I actually like the 1862 Grand Campaign best, but likely for the same reasons you like the West Campaign.

We had the grand battle on the Plains of Abraham, but no leaders died and it was an inconsequential result.

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”