milrevko
Conscript

Merchant Ship Dying, April 17777

Mon May 26, 2014 12:44 pm

It is April 1777, and the game is going well for me as the british
But, my merchant ships die and there is nothing I can do about it and I need them for
engagement points

We have the optional rule: The ship do not loose cohesion or supply, but they still die, I can not move them and they are not being attacked

is this a bug?

Best,
Frank

--
"No more iron cold and real to handle,
Shaped for a drive straight ahead.
Bring me only beautiful useless things"

Durk

Mon May 26, 2014 11:28 pm

A bit more information would be helpful to understand what is happening.

Do your merchant ships just turn redder and redder or do they actual disappear? It sounds like you are saying they do not show any issues with supply (they show no red), but then for no reason they just disappear. Do all ships in the sea zone disappear at once or one every turn or so? And finally, does this happen to all sea zones at the same time or is there only a single sea zone in which this happens?

When you say you have the optional rule, is this one of the settings in the option menu of the game? If so, which setting?

Finally, are you using hard attrition?

As an experiment, send a transport ship to the sea zone and add it to the merchant fleet.

Your merchant ships should not disappear unless attacked with an overwhelming force.

milrevko
Conscript

Tue May 27, 2014 11:13 pm

Durk wrote:A bit more information would be helpful to understand what is happening.

Do your merchant ships just turn redder and redder or do they actual disappear? It sounds like you are saying they do not show any issues with supply (they show no red), but then for no reason they just disappear. Do all ships in the sea zone disappear at once or one every turn or so? And finally, does this happen to all sea zones at the same time or is there only a single sea zone in which this happens?

They slowly lose cohesion until they all die
This is the third game with the same result

When you say you have the optional rule, is this one of the settings in the option menu of the game? If so, which setting?

The shipping is set to the third box to the right, so no attrition should happen to the merchant shipping, they can not me move because each merchant is locked

Finally, are you using hard attrition?

the attrition setting for the land and sea are separate settings
see attachment for exact setting

As an experiment, send a transport ship to the sea zone and add it to the merchant fleet.

I bought an extra merchant ship and sent it to the sea zone

Your merchant ships should not disappear unless attacked with an overwhelming force.

They have never[U][/U] been attack

Durk

Tue May 27, 2014 11:42 pm

I understand the losses are not due to combat.

Try using the first setting for naval shipping. It would be the default setting.

milrevko
Conscript

Thu May 29, 2014 4:51 pm

Thanks

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”