OldSchool
Private

BoA vet needs help w/WiA

Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:27 am

Since WiA is even more challenging than BoA, I need some advice with starting the "We hold these truths" and other longer scenarios.

Specifically, playing as the Colonials, do I keep Washington and the Continentals dug into Dorcester Heights as was the case historically? As there is no guarantee that the Brits will abandon Boston by ship for the South, Washington's own troops may eventually be surrounded and seiged instead by other large Brit armies roaming the map.

If I could just start the game off right I think my chances will be improved because I'm getting my ass kicked by "Athena".

Durk

Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:58 am

OldSchool wrote:Since WiA is even more challenging than BoA, I need some advice with starting the "We hold these truths" and other longer scenarios.

Specifically, playing as the Colonials, do I keep Washington and the Continentals dug into Dorcester Heights as was the case historically? As there is no guarantee that the Brits will abandon Boston by ship for the South, Washington's own troops may eventually be surrounded and seiged instead by other large Brit armies roaming the map.

If I could just start the game off right I think my chances will be improved because I'm getting my ass kicked by "Athena".

It depends a bit if you are playing 1775 or 1776, but mostly I think of this as the way to play the opening.

Keep enough units with Washington or another leader around Boston. Send the rest to New York to preempt a British decent. Remember the main fight is not just yet. If you do not wish to risk offensive posture, send the whole force to Albany and entrench. Or, send all of Washington's Army to Philly and prepare for the defense of the Middle state.

Washington is in trouble, find a safe place to thwart the British.

OldSchool
Private

Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:20 pm

Durk wrote:It depends a bit if you are playing 1775 or 1776 ...

It's the '76 scenario after the contest at Bunker Hill when Washington's army is in a defensive posture entrenched upon Dorcester Heights just South of Boston without actually laying seige to Boston.

Durk

Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:39 am

Leave Washington and most of the Colonial army at Dorcester Heights. You might catch the British fleet. If the Brits send some forces south, you nail Boston.

Send your better leaders to New York, Albany and the deep South.

You can strip your forces by half and send them to New York. If the Brits attack, oh well.

It is a guessing game

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:27 pm

hello !

or send leaders in the south to organize the war in Carolina, Washington to Philadelphia and an army with the others leaders (2stars) to survey Boston and New York, beware when the Brits came in spring.

:wavey:
[color="#FF8C00"][/color]Eylau 1807

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

Durk

Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:32 am

Right, nice plan.

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”