stockwellpete
Sergeant

Just got this game . . .

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:13 pm

A couple of questions . . .

i) regarding patches; my version of the game is 1.06c; I see there is a new official patch 1.10e that I can download and I should also download a fix 1812campaign.zip. Is that correct please?

ii) regarding the manual; my version has "Version 1 for WIA 1.00"; should I print that off or is there a later version? There is thread about the manual but I am not clear what I should understand from it. Thanks.

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:21 pm

Hello stockwellpete ! of course, you have to download the last patch 1.10e. I don't know the fix 1812 campaign zip ?

I don't think there is much change in the manual.

:wavey:
[color="#FF8C00"][/color]Eylau 1807

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

stockwellpete
Sergeant

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:31 pm

FENRIS wrote:Hello stockwellpete ! of course, you have to download the last patch 1.10e. I don't know the fix 1812 campaign zip ?

I don't think there is much change in the manual.

:wavey:

OK thanks. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing anything obvious. If you look at the thread about the new patch it has this exchange . . .

Originally Posted by Taijian

Ahem, I really hate to bring this up, but in changing the 1812 event file, you forgot to change the events' max occurence to 1... Now the British get those reinforcements and replacements EVERY turn...

Gah... try to fix it qwik means break it qwik....

Not quite that simple, but the attached should fix it:
Give it a try and let us know here....

Extract into \WIA\Events
1 file overwritten
1812 Campaign.zip

FENRIS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:46 pm

Thanks ! I miss this file 1812 Campaign.zip. !!

:thumbsup:
[color="#FF8C00"][/color]Eylau 1807

"Rendez-vous, général, votre témérité vous a emporté trop loin ; vous êtes dans nos dernières lignes." (un russe)

" Regardez un peu ces figures-là si elles veulent se rendre !" (Lepic)[color="#FF8C00"][/color][I]
[/I]

stockwellpete
Sergeant

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:03 pm

What do you have to do to activate the file? Do you need something like Winzip or something else? I am not sure how to add it to my game.

Durk

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:56 am

This is a script file. So do this.
1. Unzip it
2. Copy or cut it
3. Open the file folder for the game, chase down the WIA, Scripts files
4, Drop the file into the Scripts folder.
That should do it.

stockwellpete
Sergeant

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:09 am

Hello Durk. I have had a go at doing it but I am not sure if I have done it correctly. I downloaded jzip which is a free thingy for unzipping files. I then downloaded the script file, cut it and put it in the WIA script folder. It is now showing as a "Windows Script Component" in the folder but all the other scripts there are shown as "Configuration Settings". So I don't know if I have done it correctly. I am not very good with computers, I'm afraid.

lodilefty

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:00 pm

stockwellpete wrote:Hello Durk. I have had a go at doing it but I am not sure if I have done it correctly. I downloaded jzip which is a free thingy for unzipping files. I then downloaded the script file, cut it and put it in the WIA script folder. It is now showing as a "Windows Script Component" in the folder but all the other scripts there are shown as "Configuration Settings". So I don't know if I have done it correctly. I am not very good with computers, I'm afraid.

It must be dropped into the \Events folder, not the \Sc ripts folder! Cut and paste!
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

stockwellpete
Sergeant

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:54 pm

lodilefty wrote:It must be dropped into the \Events folder, not the \Sc ripts folder! Cut and paste!

Ok thanks, that looks better now.

stockwellpete
Sergeant

Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:02 pm

Making quite good progress with this game - supply is a bit difficult to understand but I have now found an AAR that has helped. The manual says nothing much about building forts or depots though which has made things a bit tricky too. Overall though, I think the game is beautifully designed and exceptional value given all the different scenarios it includes (really like the King William's War scenario).

anjou
Lieutenant

Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:06 am

stockwellpete wrote:Making quite good progress with this game - supply is a bit difficult to understand but I have now found an AAR that has helped. The manual says nothing much about building forts or depots though which has made things a bit tricky too. Overall though, I think the game is beautifully designed and exceptional value given all the different scenarios it includes (really like the King William's War scenario).

Looking for PBEM? :)

stockwellpete
Sergeant

Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:08 pm

anjou wrote:Looking for PBEM? :)

Sorry, but I am fairly hopeless at this game. I know how to move things etc but I have no idea of an overall strategy other than to try and reproduce what actually happened in real life. I think I will stick to single player for the time being.

anjou
Lieutenant

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:55 pm

stockwellpete wrote:Sorry, but I am fairly hopeless at this game. I know how to move things etc but I have no idea of an overall strategy other than to try and reproduce what actually happened in real life. I think I will stick to single player for the time being.

No worries!

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”