lodilefty

WIA Patch 1.10e - Official Legacy = November 13, 2012

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:15 pm

A legacy patch for the legacy patch:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/downloads/latest/Patch_WIA_v1.10e.zip

This patch is comprehensive, containing all changes since the original release of WIA [version 1.00b]

Quick fix to the patch above (need patch above). Not fully official but should work without issue:
The attachment Patch_WIA_1.10e_QF2.zip is no longer available

• [size=100]Python script checks run [thank you LaFrite!][/size]
    • Duplicate Aliases resolved in Move Types, Terrains, Sounds, Colors, Ability Kinds, Models and Units
    • Aliases corrected:
      • Settings file AI.opt
      • added $SPA in Various.ini
  • Setups
    • Removed the setups for the ''original'' 1755 Campaign, 1756 Montcalm scenario, and 1759 Annus Mirablis scenario, leaving the ''COL'' faction variants intact.
      • The improvements made in the ''Colonial Faction'' variants are numerous, and were not consistently included in the originals, resulting in some aberrant situations. Currently, resources are not available to reconcile the differences and correct the original setups.
      • The Database will still include these older variants for modding purposes, and the game will still include the Events files for these scenarios to allow ongoing games to be completed.
  • Events
    • 1812 Campaign: corrected the timing of British reinforcements in 1814 after Napoleon's Exile.
  • Text
    • Latest verssion of LocalStrings__AGE included

See the Read me for complete change log
Attachments
Patch_WIA_1.10e_QF2.zip
(4.52 MiB) Downloaded 2108 times
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Taijian
Private

Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:55 pm

Ahem, I really hate to bring this up, but in changing the 1812 event file, you forgot to change the events' max occurence to 1... Now the British get those reinforcements and replacements EVERY turn...

lodilefty

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:29 pm

Taijian wrote:Ahem, I really hate to bring this up, but in changing the 1812 event file, you forgot to change the events' max occurence to 1... Now the British get those reinforcements and replacements EVERY turn...

Gah... try to fix it qwik means break it qwik.... :bonk:

Not quite that simple, but the attached should fix it:
Give it a try and let us know here....

Extract into \WIA\Events
1 file overwritten
The attachment 1812 Campaign.zip is no longer available
Attachments
1812 Campaign.zip
(7.16 KiB) Downloaded 1441 times
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

picaron

Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:48 pm

:thumbsup:

Gracias

:wavey:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

Taijian
Private

Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:16 pm

lodilefty wrote:Gah... try to fix it qwik means break it qwik.... :bonk:

Not quite that simple, but the attached should fix it:
Give it a try and let us know here....

Extract into \WIA\Events
1 file overwritten
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20705[/ATTACH]

OK, I tried the new fix and this one seems to work - both judging from looking at the code, and from actually trying it out with my save.

Thank you for your quick reaction! :)

Wilhelm Klink
Conscript

Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:37 am

Thanks for the patch.
Quick question, what do the changes regarding the setups actually mean? I'm a bit confused, here.

lodilefty

Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:25 pm

Wilhelm Klink wrote:Thanks for the patch.
Quick question, what do the changes regarding the setups actually mean? I'm a bit confused, here.

When first published, there were 4 Scenarios for the French and Indian Wars: 1755 Campaign, 1756 Montcalm, 1756 Montcalm 'Roi Louis' variant, and 1759 Annus Mirablis

As time went on, it seemed unfair that the French paid a 'Command Penalty' with their Canadian Troops, while the British moved along on friendly terms with their Provincial troops and Militia.

We created the "COL" faction, 'moved' all the Provos, Militia and Colonial leaders to it, and gave a few British leaders the 'multi-command' ability. This nicely simulates the friction [even disdain] between British Regulars and the Colonials [which started a real major fracas 10 years later!!!!!]

4 new Scenarios were created, at first identical to the 'originals' except for the new faction. The originals were kept in the game.

Most of the feedback from players [and admittedly a personal preference] led to many improvements in the "Colonial variants'.
I'm embarrased to admit that the improvements were not incorporated into the originals.

Theory of the missing villages in the original:
At some point, a 'crossover' of city structure setups occured, and the newer Settlements and Stockades fron "COL" were omitted.

Now, my priorities are directed elsewhere, and the time needed to properly clean up and update the original 4 scenarios just isn't available...

So, in consultation with the "owners", we chose to remove the old, flawed scenarios and move on.
The Database files for the older versions are still included in the DB available in modding forum, for anyone who wishes to use them....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Linstock
Corporal

Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:34 pm

So lodilefty, just to be clear, you're suggesting we play the FiW Colonial Variant?

lodilefty

Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:59 pm

Linstock wrote:So lodilefty, just to be clear, you're suggesting we play the FiW Colonial Variant?

Yes.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Linstock
Corporal

Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:58 pm

Cheers, good man.

Wilhelm Klink
Conscript

Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:11 pm

lodilefty, thank you for that detailed reply. Much appreciated.

Carnium

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:25 pm

Thanks for the hard work Lodi :thumbsup:
I am playing it again to see the changes (1756 Colonial variant as France) and here are a few bugs.
Text and tooltip do not match ( tooltip text is right - probably a mixup)
[ATTACH]20808[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]20809[/ATTACH]

The training trait seems to be disabled. Before we had "auto training bug", but now there is none at all! I had a militia unit with an training officer for a few turns and .. nothing!
[ATTACH]20811[/ATTACH]

Finally I got a CTD with this error (winter map is really unstable on my computer):
[ATTACH]20810[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Training.jpg
CTD.jpg
E2.jpg
E1.jpg

lodilefty

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:37 pm

What tooltip mismatch? :confused:
First line is what you pay,
Second line is current available resources...

Post save game of the Levis training. I can't see what is happening in the screenshot....
use this method: http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Send_Saved_Game

You can turn off Winter Bitmaps in a Main Menu option...
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Carnium

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:09 pm

1. Look at the tooltip (Bateux on Champlain), now look at the text above the picture (Build Isle aux Noix bateaux). See the difference? :love:
I now have a new little boat on Champlain, but wanted one on Isle aux Noix :bonk:
2: Done. I have the strange feeling that units don't train any more in WiA. Will have to re-check.
3. I know, just reporting ;)
Attachments
1755 Campaign_COL1.rar
(3.42 MiB) Downloaded 524 times

shotgunfacelift
Corporal

Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:15 pm

I've never been able to train these urban militias, even prior to this patch, but I don't have problems with the other type of militia.Except they don't spawn anymore.They disband and you never see any again even when you spend EP... (1755 COL)
Same with courreurs, they 're never replaced.Free replacements from depots has been turned off too ?

Carnium

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:24 pm

Two more.

Bad alignment of text
[ATTACH]20815[/ATTACH]

Wrong/different graphic for the unit displayed
[ATTACH]20816[/ATTACH]
Attachments
WG.jpg
TXT.jpg

lodilefty

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:26 pm

Milice Urbaine do not upgrade via Training. WAD
Most other Militia do, as do British Provos

I'm not sure what you mean by "free replacements at depots"? If you set Advanced options, you can only gain missing elements at depots.

Regaining strength is complex, depending on size and type of structure, supply status, etc...
It will regain slowly in Winter, due to inherently reduced supply availability.

Cosmetic display issues are not in themselves reasons to redo this legacy patch, sorry... [maybe try the 120 DPI font option?]
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Carnium

Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:14 pm

Thanks for the reply Lodi.
The only real problem is probably the Build the Isle aux Noix bateaux (where you get it on the lake Champlain) and vice versa bug.
Also would it be possible to get the French the option to equip natives like the British have?

shotgunfacelift
Corporal

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:59 pm

lodilefty wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by "free replacements at depots"? If you set Advanced options, you can only gain missing elements at depots.

Regaining strength is complex, depending on size and type of structure, supply status, etc...
It will regain slowly in Winter, due to inherently reduced supply availability.

Cosmetic display issues are not in themselves reasons to redo this legacy patch, sorry... [maybe try the 120 DPI font option?]

Yes, thanks a lot for your time.Much appreciated.Prior to this legacy patch I was playing the 1755 Campaign, not the COL variants so I notice new things which are just wad perhaps ? :bonk:

Depots were giving free elements back then.Actually only 1 missing element for only 1 random unit at depot every turn.Only troops, no cavalry or arty etc.You didn't have to spend 10 EP to gain a missing element.
Now on the COL variant with this new patch I only gain a missing element if I spend the dedicated EP option for it (10 points).
And yes I think it targets only units at depot, so it's WAD ?
I'm sorry lodilefty, I don't get the 'set Advanced options' part: you mean in the ledger the diplomacy options etc. where EP is spent ? Or the main menu options ? Also, in the diplomatic options it was possible to raise militias for 5 EP, and they spawned the next turn.They seem to only add militias to the pool right now, no more spawns, is it WAD too ?

lodilefty

Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:40 am

shotgunfacelift wrote:Yes, thanks a lot for your time.Much appreciated.Prior to this legacy patch I was playing the 1755 Campaign, not the COL variants so I notice new things which are just wad perhaps ? :bonk:

Depots were giving free elements back then.Actually only 1 missing element for only 1 random unit at depot every turn.Only troops, no cavalry or arty etc.You didn't have to spend 10 EP to gain a missing element.
Now on the COL variant with this new patch I only gain a missing element if I spend the dedicated EP option for it (10 points).
And yes I think it targets only units at depot, so it's WAD ?
I'm sorry lodilefty, I don't get the 'set Advanced options' part: you mean in the ledger the diplomacy options etc. where EP is spent ? Or the main menu options ? Also, in the diplomatic options it was possible to raise militias for 5 EP, and they spawned the next turn.They seem to only add militias to the pool right now, no more spawns, is it WAD too ?

Free replacements were reduced in the 1755 Campaign, to reflect the often weakened strength of all formations.

Depots don't "give free replacements", but if "Main Menu - Options - Game - Historical Attrition" is on, you must be at a depot to replace missing elements [and have the correct replacements available: see the "Available Replacements" pager in the Strategic Atlas. There are a very few free replacement events, but generally you must pay the option to buy them.

Yes, these are WAD. The changes have evolved over time.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

shotgunfacelift
Corporal

Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:05 pm

Ok that's all I needed to know, thanks again.I like them changes if you ask me :thumbsup:
It's a great game :cool:

Carnium

Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:23 pm

Has anything changed regarding siege logic in recent patches? Playing French and Indian war (1755 campaign) and British are taking my forts without sieges i.e. assaulting without a breach.
Anyone else seeing this or it is (again) just me?

lodilefty

Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:50 pm

Carnium wrote:Has anything changed regarding siege logic in recent patches? Playing French and Indian war (1755 campaign) and British are taking my forts without sieges i.e. assaulting without a breach.
Anyone else seeing this or it is (again) just me?

WIA never required a breach prior to assault....

...if you are seeing "more", it's most likely an AI upgrade...
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Carnium

Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:53 pm

lodilefty wrote:WIA never required a breach prior to assault....

...if you are seeing "more", it's most likely an AI upgrade...

Thanks for the explanation. But I still find this weird regarding enemy casualties assaulting a fort.
[ATTACH]20871[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Niagara.jpg

Hobbes

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:27 pm

It does seem odd that a side making an assault against an unbreached fort should suffer only 2 fire hits when the defender suffers 20. I asked Carnium for his saves and got the same result. I then ran under a 1.08 I had laying around and the results seem a little more realistic at 8 / 18:
[ATTACH]20880[/ATTACH]

I don't know if Athena would have decided to make the assault under 1.08 as I am having trouble going back to the previous turn.
I hope everything is working OK in the legacy patch and we are not too eager to put it to bed as it would be a shame if a game of this quality had
problems that were only introduced in the final patch.

It would be interesting if anyone else playing WiA had any views?

Cheers,
Chris
P.S. I notice the number of men on the British side is slightly different - I don't know why this would be as the save is the same (model change?) Luck looks different as well so maybe patches cannot be compared in this way - still a 2 to 20 fire hits in favour of a side assaulting an unbreached fort seems unlikely?
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg

Hobbes

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:59 pm

P.P.S. I just tried the latest patch again and the random seed must have changed as this time the attackers suffered similar casualties to 1.08. Probably the attackers should suffer more fire casualties but this may always have been the case.

So the only question then would be is whether the AI is assaulting too quickly now - but if the results are good you can't blame Athena for this.
It seems that unbreached forts are assaulted with too few fire casualties but this may have been true for all WiA patches. If a more aggressive Athena is now taking advantage of this it may put players off if the game is less realistic with little siege warfare. Do other players see a major change for the worse with the final patch regarding sieges?

Cheers,
Chris

Taillebois
General of the Army

Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:39 pm

Slightly off topic but as you mentioned random seed, how does it work in AGEOD games? Is it different every time you start a scenario or every time you load the game from Windows. This occurred to me because I loaded a new version of NCP and got a whole series of catastrophic defeats in one sitting and thought the patch bad, but the next day got a whole series of middling results, which got me to thinking about posting on the question of random seed.

Hobbes

Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:46 pm

I'm not sure how I managed to change it in fact. If you load a save you should get exactly the same results every time unless you make a move of any kind before resolution so I must have moved something before I hit end turn. Every time you do anything the random seed is changed I think.

Cheers,
Chris

Narwhal

Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:07 pm

IF there is ever a version 1.10f, could you just "rename" the scenario 4. 1755 Campaign Colonial Faction and 5. 1756 Montcalm Colonial Faction to the "original" name (i.e. French & Indians War and whatever name it is for 1756). Now the original version of the scenario disappeared (good move in my opinion), no need to keep those "strange" names.

zerothehero
Private

Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:44 pm

Narwhal wrote:IF there is ever a version 1.10f, could you just "rename" the scenario 4. 1755 Campaign Colonial Faction and 5. 1756 Montcalm Colonial Faction to the "original" name (i.e. French & Indians War and whatever name it is for 1756). Now the original version of the scenario disappeared (good move in my opinion), no need to keep those "strange" names.

Would also like this :thumbsup:

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”