Wallensteinwojtek
Private

Small improvment possibility

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:24 pm

I would like to ask if it would be hard to add to game options menu possibility of changing schedule of reinforcement arrival.
In every scenario every force appears on the same scheduled time. Would be nice to have option to change this randomly.
F.e. - small: +/- 2 months; medium: +/- 4 months; big: +/- 6 months of gven date.

What would you think about that? Is it hard to implement?

Durk

Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:44 am

This is a great idea. While I am not someone who remembers arrival times, my opponents often nail my reinforcements because they know where to ambush them.
Randomizing some of this would be a nice relief.

lodilefty

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:23 am

Easy but time consuming!

Each event would need to change from FixedDate to MinDate, then add a Probability command....

great modding opportunity!
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Wallensteinwojtek
Private

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:13 am

So we must wait then.

Second improvement for me would be deleting from general notification panel information that my opoonent tried to f.e. train regular replacement or just bought supply. Of course only with FOW.

Durk

Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:45 am

Actually, you do not need to wait. lodilefty points you to modding. Modding is a method by which you could change the date to a flex date with a probability of place or time. You could start by changing a single event. One caution, if you choose to mod, always back up the files you plan to change before changing. This game has an open architecture where you can 'fix' what you do not like.

As to deleting notifications of enemy updates and reinforcements, at the time of all the WIA scenarios, so many rumors and travelers meant this information would be known.

Wallensteinwojtek
Private

Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:45 am

Durk wrote:As to deleting notifications of enemy updates and reinforcements, at the time of all the WIA scenarios, so many rumors and travelers meant this information would be known.

Yes it were rumors. Now we excatly (and instantly) see what is going on. Would be better if we see this in form of message: Supply were send to america few months ago.

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”